PDA

View Full Version : Patriots vs. Colts

Lou
09-08-2004, 02:49 PM
I'd have to go with the Patriots winning this, again. Plus they'd better stop the Colts as I have New England's defense in my friends' fantasy league :D

I also predict that whatever "festivities" are happening before the game will suck like a Van Hagar concert.

Figs
09-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Lou
I also predict that whatever "festivities" are happening before the game will suck like a Van Hagar concert.

Boy Howdy! You got that right! That new "tradition" needs to be killed.

ALinChainz
09-08-2004, 02:56 PM
This was the match-up in last season's playoff games that supposively pushed the league into enforcing the 5 yard chuck rule more intently this season.

Should be interesting to see how Patriot DBs go about handling the Colt receivers.

Lou
09-08-2004, 03:21 PM
I don't understand, what does the NFL need this enforcement/new rule for? After the 1993 season, offense was admittedly down, so they made changes such as kickoffs from the 30, the two point conversion, and that wherever the ball is spotted on a FG, that's where the other team takes over if you miss the FG. And the offense instantly went up.

I think the offenses and scores are fine, right where they should be. I really hope they're not trying to be like the fucking Arena Football League for God's sakes. Because scores like 44-35 are gonna get old pretty fast. I think this is a dangerous thing in the NFL to tell you the truth. They don't need more offense, and they need to let the players fuckin' play the game instead of ref's deciding it.

And Figs you're right about this kickoff bullshit. Why do we have to have this? I can't stand how all the sports and sports shows are continuously branching out to pull in other audiences. Toby Keith and Jessica Simpson...YUCK!

Figs
09-08-2004, 03:24 PM
It's the direction a lot of sports are following. Try to lure in the casual fans because the hardcore fans will be there anyway.

ALinChainz
09-08-2004, 03:36 PM
The rule has always been there, just never enforced.

Clutching and grabbing downfield will be called, supposively from the first play of the Hall of Fame game to the last play of the Super Bowl.

You can't have defensive backs pulling on jerseys and arms downfield. Same goes for WRs, you will see more offensive pass interferance penalties this season too than before.

Passing yards have been going down, the league wants them back up.

Personally, I like it. DBs should use their skill and speed to cover wideouts.

Lou
09-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Oh just let them play. Unless the DB practically holds or tackles the guy, I don't see a problem. I think enough pass interference and holding has been called in recent years.

Bob_R
09-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Patriots should win to answer the thread's question.

Rebel
09-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
This was the match-up in last season's playoff games that supposively pushed the league into enforcing the 5 yard chuck rule more intently this season.

Should be interesting to see how Patriot DBs go about handling the Colt receivers.

My thoughts exactly. Good thing is, we'll know right out of the gate, if they can handle the Colts, they're pretty much good to go.

Warham
09-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Patriots by 4, to be conservative.

rocknrolldork
09-09-2004, 02:38 PM
I'm a huge Colts fan, but..............

The Colts had to pay Manning to keep him. Unfortunately we lost some key defensive players. The D did not look good in preseason either.

Figs
09-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Oh Boy! Outkast will be perfoming at halftime in a few minutes! I hope those guys never break up! Then there might be an Andre 3000 Army...

Lou
09-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Great game tonight! Both teams looked a little sloppy but it was still a really entertaining game.

Bill Lumbergh
09-10-2004, 03:37 AM
Patriots looked VERY vunerable at times(yes I know it's only week one!).

Warham
09-10-2004, 06:37 AM
What did I say, 4 points? Damn close! :D

Va Beach VH Fan
09-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Patriots looked VERY vunerable at times(yes I know it's only week one!).

Fuckin' A bro...

Hard-fought game, good win for the Pats, I'll give 'em that....

But they had better shore up that defense, or they won't get CLOSE to the Super Bowl.....

If it wasn't for Mr. Choker, aka Peyton, that so-called "dynasty" would be 0-1.....

ALinChainz
09-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Edge too.

2 fumbles, one on the goal line that would have gven them a 4 point lead.

And he had a good game otherwise.

Peyton taking that sack was just wrong.