Clear All
  • DLR'sCock
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Family 'Thanks' Bush for Death of Son

Family 'Thanks' Bush for Death of Son
    WKYC-TV

Wednesday 08 September 2004

THOMPSON - In Geauga County, anger and frustration over the death of a young soldier inside Iraq has prompted one family to send a personal message to President Bush.

Ken and Betty Landrus have put up a large sign outside their home near Thompson, Ohio that is sharply critical of the Bush administration.

The sign reads "Thanks Mr. Bush for the death of our son."

Their son, Staff Sgt. Sean Landrus was killed near Fallujah in January.

They believe the president misled the country about the reasons for invading Iraq and that their son died for nothing.

"Yes I do feel lied to because they kept saying there's mass destruction and nobody's found anything yet," father Ken Landrus said.

Sean Landrus also left behind a wife and three young children.

His youngest daughter, Kennedy, was born just before Sean left to serve inside Iraq.

-------

• FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Thanks Junior, you fucking bastard
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
      Commando
      • Mar 2004

This man would not be nearly as much pain if the left in this country were not poisoning his mind regarding why the war was and is being fought. They are cheaply playing on emotion only and taking advantage of this guy for political purposes. The left and the Democrats are the ones who ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Landrau was a 31 year old VOLUNTEER Staff Sergeant. He wasn't an 18 year old draftee yanked from his parents' crib and shoved to the front as cannon fodder, as the left would have you think (and make no mistake, it is the LEFT in this country that wants a draft - just so they can exploit this very sort of thing). Staff Sergeant Landrau benefitted greatly, at taxpayer expense, for years as he deserved to. Every person in the military, which I'll reiterate - is an all-volunteer army - is trained, fed and paid for war. If they never fight in one great. Sometimes they do.

Every occupations has benefits and risks.

Comment

• JCOOK

Nice try, but the last time I checked you ENLIST in the armed forces. One of the possibilities is that you will be called on to fight. I have a nephew that is in Iraq now and he knew the deal going in.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

What does a volunteer army volunteer to do?

To serve THEIR country, correct?

And that's the pitch given by the recruiters.... Serve YOUR country for 4 years and we'll pay for your college. Or we'll teach you this skill while you're signed up.

Except the military doesn't hold up their end of the deal. Iraq is not their country. Neither was Vietnam. Or Korea. Or Grenada. Or Panama. Or Lebanon. Or whatever other countries PNAC has in mind.

It's time the US military holds up their end of the deal and only requires their volunteers to serve THEIR country. Not Halliburton, Texaco, and Israel.

Maybe if that were the case, the inevitable PNAC draft would cease to be inevitable.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Sarge
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

They are trying to come to grips with the death of their son...
            Which was for nothing.
            It wasn't for a noble cause.
            They feel like they were lied to.. and they were.

I would say that their son went to IRAQ so we could be free to put signs in our yards.. but they would be a lie in itself.
            This was isn't about American Independence.. or about protecting our freedoms.
            ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
            The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
            [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

I wonder if this means that I can blame Kennedy, one of the Democrats' biggest heroes, for the 56,000 service men we lost in Vietnam who were not protecting our country or freedoms.

Comment

• famac
                Roadie
                • Mar 2004

No one was lied to, Sarge. If you were a police officer, and you dispatcher told you a car you were about to pull over was considered armed and dangerous, would you dismiss the information or take it seriously?

Sadam Hussein used chemical weapons on his people. He refused and delayed inspections long enough to hide weapons anywhere he wanted to. When you don't let a cop search your car, they assume you have something illegal, right?

So how is it a lie that after repeated refussals (10 years worth) Bush was lying? You can only lie about things you know, not things you don't know about.

Anyway, in the time Bush spent trying to get all of our cowardly allies to support their own resolutions, Saddam could have shipped his entire aresonal to Kalamazzo Michigan if he wanted to.

Not finding weapons in that situation is completly understandable, both from the perspective of no inspections, then the huge amount of time Bush spewnt trying to gather our "allies."

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                  I wonder if this means that I can blame Kennedy, one of the Democrats' biggest heroes, for the 56,000 service men we lost in Vietnam who were not protecting our country or freedoms.
                  There's plenty of blame to go around for Vietnam. Start with Eisenhower, because the war started in the 50's. LBJ probably deserves a big share, and apparently he thought so himself, bowing out of the 1968 election. Nixon for continuing the war and expanding it into Cambodia and Laos.

Kennedy probably deserves the least blame of all, because he was committed to stopping the war long before it escalated. Because the CIA was profitting greatly from the "Golden Triangle" heroin trade route in Asia, they needed the Vietnam war as a cover, and that's why Vietnam was at the top of the list of reasons for JFK's murder.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    What does a volunteer army volunteer to do?

To serve THEIR country, correct?

And that's the pitch given by the recruiters.... Serve YOUR country for 4 years and we'll pay for your college. Or we'll teach you this skill while you're signed up.

Except the military doesn't hold up their end of the deal. Iraq is not their country. Neither was Vietnam. Or Korea. Or Grenada. Or Panama. Or Lebanon. Or whatever other countries PNAC has in mind.

It's time the US military holds up their end of the deal and only requires their volunteers to serve THEIR country. Not Halliburton, Texaco, and Israel.

Maybe if that were the case, the inevitable PNAC draft would cease to be inevitable.
                    Sooo, U.S. troops can only fight in a war, on U.S. soil, if a foreign army invades?

Comment

• Sarge
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Originally posted by Warham
                      Firtst off I am a Republican who doesn't like BUSH.
                      Kennedy is dead. You can blame the guy all you want to.

Bush is still in office... still the President and still sending people to die everyday under the guise of National Defense.
                      The horseshit that happened in Vietnam was 35-40 years ago.. you can bring that up all you want.
                      What we are facing now is even worse and is still happening in a daily basis.

I am at lunch.. let me return back to my job here at FORT HOOD Darnall Army Community Hospital
                      .. where over 100 soldiers have died since the war has started and take care of my patients.. who are riddled with shrapnel and missing limbs.
                      This war is a bunch of horseshit and most people are not educated on what the fuck is going on unless it effects them.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by famac
                        No one was lied to, Sarge. If you were a police officer, and you dispatcher told you a car you were about to pull over was considered armed and dangerous, would you dismiss the information or take it seriously?

Sadam Hussein used chemical weapons on his people. He refused and delayed inspections long enough to hide weapons anywhere he wanted to. When you don't let a cop search your car, they assume you have something illegal, right?

So how is it a lie that after repeated refussals (10 years worth) Bush was lying? You can only lie about things you know, not things you don't know about.

Anyway, in the time Bush spent trying to get all of our cowardly allies to support their own resolutions, Saddam could have shipped his entire aresonal to Kalamazzo Michigan if he wanted to.

Not finding weapons in that situation is completly understandable, both from the perspective of no inspections, then the huge amount of time Bush spewnt trying to gather our "allies."
                        LBJ is responsible for the war, period. Nixon ended the war.

Comment

• Sarge
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Originally posted by famac

Bad analogy.
                          A police officer pulling over a car and someone invading a foreign country with 145,000 troops is totally different.

IRAQ was not a threat to us.
                          Bin Laden was and is a direct threat to us. This guy killed 3,000 of our people on our soil but we put forth a half assed effort to try and get him.
                          Sadamm was doing the same thing he had been doing for years... running his mouth...

We were lied to. IRAQ was not a direct threat to us.
                          In the mean time we are waging a extended war in IRAQ that can't be won except with major American bloodshed and the initial target of the war on terror, Bin Laden runs free.

I, as with everyone who wears the uniform takes the risk of death when they take the oath.

There isn't anyone here who would be willing to send their loved ones to IRAQ.. to die..
                          And for what?

I am sure those familes are doing a lot of soul searching.
                          I don't blame the families of servicemembers one bit for questioning their child's death.
                          That is only normal.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
                            Firtst off I am a Republican who doesn't like BUSH.
                            Kennedy is dead. You can blame the guy all you want to.

Bush is still in office... still the President and still sending people to die everyday under the guise of National Defense.
                            The horseshit that happened in Vietnam was 35-40 years ago.. you can bring that up all you want.
                            What we are facing now is even worse and is still happening in a daily basis.

I am at lunch.. let me return back to my job here at FORT HOOD Darnall Army Community Hospital
                            .. where over 100 soldiers have died since the war has started and take care of my patients.. who are riddled with shrapnel and missing limbs.
                            This war is a bunch of horseshit and most people are not educated on what the fuck is going on unless it effects them.
                            Worse than Vietnam? 1,000 men were being killed in action every MONTH in 1968. Soldiers are not sent to die, they are sent to win. The U.S. was close to winning Vietnam, and Gen. Giap admitted as much and said that it was the anti-war left wing of this country that encouraged the North Vietnamses to keep fighting, even though they were losing badly. The same thing is happening now.

So, since the left in this country is so in love with themselves over their orchestration of our defeat in Vietnam, thus making all of the deaths and wounds suffered by Americans FOR NOTHING, they want to repeat it now.

You want the war to end now? Then the 1,000 dead in Iraq died for nothing - and that is the ONLY way they wouild have died for nothing. By continuing the fight and WINNING their deaths are not for nothing.

I shudder to think if this country were invlolved in a large scale war. People would freak out and raise the white flag. Yikes.

You may not have wanted the war to happen, but it has, and the U.S. is in it.

Now the question for ALL you anti-Bush left wingers is this - do you want the U.S. to win in Iraq or not? Yes, or no?

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
                              Sooo, U.S. troops can only fight in a war, on U.S. soil, if a foreign army invades?
                              Let me put it this way.... There's only 3 wars in the history of this country that the United States had any business getting involved in.

1) The Revolutionary War - obviously.

2) War of 1812 - When the Brits tried to "undo" #1

3) World War II - after Pearl Harbor, there wasn't a choice in the matter. And keep in mind that without the devastation of WWI (which the US had no reason to be in) and the financing of the BCE, there would have been no Adolf Hitler, and therefore, no WWII.

If 9-11 had been a country attacking America, then a clear cut case for a 4th justified war against that country would exist, As it is, even assuming the "official story" is correct, it is impossible to fight a "war" against an undefinable enemy.

Any other war the US has involved itself in has been for reasons other than defending this country, and that includes the so-called "Civil War", in which even more Americans that died in Vietnam paid the price for a bunch of arrogant lazy sister-fuckers who thought they had the "right" to own fellow human beings.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...