X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjvhou812
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

sam, on jot for teacher

Van Halen's current North American tour ends o_n October 30th and the big question is what are their plans for the rest of the world.

"It's funny that you mention that because we were talking about what are we going to do next and the powers that help us be will all figure that out in the next couple of months"
    "We'd love to come down if we have a chance to do it." says Sammy Hagar

"When you leave this country with a band the calibre of this, it is not like we can go "hey lets just go to Australia to play'. The promoter has to invite" Alex Van Halen says. "The promoters in Australia want to start telling the fans to rally up and hopefully they will invite us over there to play".

The Van Halen reunion coincides with the release of their Best of Both Worlds compilation album. o_n of the key songs from the record that didn't make their last Best Of album is the David Lee Roth sung 'Hot For Teacher. "Ed and I were big fans of UK music and Alan Holdswoth, King Crimson, Bill Bruford and that whole lot" Alex says. "One morning, Ed and I went in with a couple of six packs and that's what happened. We weren't really thinking. We just played a particular piece of music Ed had it in two or three takes, that was it. We kept it. I wish there was more depth to it but the reality is when you don't think, that is when your true self comes out. That is a good glimpse of what goes o_n in my head".

Sammy adds "Hot For Teacher, my comment about that…before I was in Van Halen I always looked at them as competition. I didn't like Dave. I never thought about being in the band. By 1984, when I heard Hot For Teacher, when I heard Alex kick that drum thing up, it pissed me off it was so good. It was kicking ass. I was jealous. That drum intro is unbelievable. The whole song is kicking ass, it is ripping. That drum intro is killing".

Van Halen hope to be in Australia early 2005 … if someone gets around to inviting them
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.
  • tjvhou812
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

i know i put jot, meant to hit hot, dont have a cow

Comment

• Figs
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

OK, I'll just get on you for posting an old story...

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Those poor Aussies.

Comment

• tjvhou812
          Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Figs
          OK, I'll just get on you for posting an old story...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...&threadid=9197
          sorry didnt know it was already posted

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by tjvhou812
            sorry for being born
            You're forgiven. Now go jump under a truck!

Comment

• Figs
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

sorry didnt know it was already posted
              No big deal, just fucking with you

Comment

• tjvhou812
                Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                You're forgiven daddy, Now why did you and mom leave me on a door step!
                look at ya

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

Re: sam, on jot for teacher

Van Halen's current North American tour ends o_n October 30th and the big question is what are their plans for the rest of the world.

"It's funny that you mention that because we were talking about what are we going to do next and the powers that help us be will all figure that out in the next couple of months"
                  "We'd love to come down if we have a chance to do it." says Sammy Hagar

"When you leave this country with a band the calibre of this, it is not like we can go "hey lets just go to Australia to play'. The promoter has to invite" Alex Van Halen says. "The promoters in Australia want to start telling the fans to rally up and hopefully they will invite us over there to play".

The Van Halen reunion coincides with the release of their Best of Both Worlds compilation album. o_n of the key songs from the record that didn't make their last Best Of album is the David Lee Roth sung 'Hot For Teacher. "Ed and I were big fans of UK music and Alan Holdswoth, King Crimson, Bill Bruford and that whole lot" Alex says. "One morning, Ed and I went in with a couple of six packs and that's what happened. We weren't really thinking. We just played a particular piece of music Ed had it in two or three takes, that was it. We kept it. I wish there was more depth to it but the reality is when you don't think, that is when your true self comes out. That is a good glimpse of what goes o_n in my head".

Sammy adds "Hot For Teacher, my comment about that…before I was in Van Halen I always looked at them as competition. I didn't like Dave. I never thought about being in the band. By 1984, when I heard Hot For Teacher, when I heard Alex kick that drum thing up, it pissed me off it was so good. It was kicking ass. I was jealous. That drum intro is unbelievable. The whole song is kicking ass, it is ripping. That drum intro is killing".

Van Halen hope to be in Australia early 2005 … if someone gets around to inviting them
                  WOW!!! Trying to start a meaningful conversation by posting an article concerning the whereabouts of Van Hagar. GOOD WORK!!! Nice to see that your rehibilatation is going well!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Comment

• tjvhou812
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                    WOW!!! Trying to start a meaningful conversation by posting an article concerning the whereabouts of Van Hagar. GOOD WORK!!! Nice to see that your rehibilatation is going well!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!
                    thx bitch

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

thx bitch
                      No Problem SLAPPY!!!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

thx bitch ..........now bend over for me 5150 style!!!!!!
                        Come on man, we don't wanna hear this shit. Take it to the links or your local gay bar, I'm sure they know you by name like Norm on Cheers.

Comment

• Sarge
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Sammy adds "Hot For Teacher, my comment about that…before I was in Van Halen I always looked at them as competition. I didn't like Dave.
                          That Hagar guy is a total bitch...
                          ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                          The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                          [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

And he will always hate Dave no matter what because he knows he could never be as admired or cool as him.

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

i know i put jot, meant to hit hot, dont have a cow
                              Shut up.
                              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...