George W. Bush will win re-election in 04.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne L.

George W. Bush will win re-election in 04.

George W. Bush will win re-election easily in the presidential election this coming November even though it will be a close race but unlike 2000 because it's " more " about the war on terrorism after 9/11 & national security than economic policy while I think Democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean " will " be the Democratic Party's nominee against Bush despite his ranting & raving after losing in Iowa because the " hardcore " activists want a real Democrat instead of a Democrat in name only but Dean will become the next McGovern & Dukakis of his party against President Bush.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Junior's losing his base piece by piece every time he opens his mouth, spends more money, or kills more soldiers. Dean is not only bringing back the Democratic base, but also interesting others from the left leaning Dems and Greens to various conservative factions from the fiscal conservatives to the anti -globalist Buchanan types (see the Sierra Times endorsement thread).

More to the point, Dean is speaking of power to the people, not the corporations, and that resonates with sane people on both sides of the political spectrum. And that's why the DLC is out to get him as much as Karl Rove and Ed Gillespie are.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Sarge
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

I think GW will win
      I would rather Edwards get it.. or even Kerry..
      I think that he can scare enough people into voting for him
      Sarge
      ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
      The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
      [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• lucky wilbury

kerry won't win. just on the fact that he's voted to cut intelligence spending throughout the 90's will do him in.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Zachary.

Guys, liberalism has been rejected by this country (for now at least). Their policies have failed for generations. I mean, listen to them. The same bitches and promises for at least 50 years. We kept electing them, and they kept spending, yet the same "problems" exist. How much capital do you invest in a loser before you cut and run? That's what the country is doing right now. That's why Kerry will lose. That's why Edwards will lose. I'm not much ov a fan of Dubya (on domestic policy issues), but he takes national defense seriously. Something none of the other dwarves do. That'll be their downfall.

Comment

• Pink Spider
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

What's up with blaming everything on Liberals? Sure the Dems up the spending every time one takes office, but Shrub has created the largest federal government expansion of the past few generations. You acknowledge that and defend him at the same time. You make no sense with your contradictions.

Oh, and we spend more on "defense", which should properly be called offense spending than any other country in the world. Has it made us safer? I suppose terrorists want to hit because of our "freedom". Anyone that bites into that hook of propaganda, doesn't understand the way things work.

The only way to truly regain our freedom and bring safety is to ditch the imperial ambitions and restore democracy, economically and in government. If you don't trust the government with domestic issues, then why would you trust them to send human lives to the other side of the world to get shot at? Again, you contradict yourself.

In reality, the "fear of freedom" is precisely what our current government has. Why else would the bother passing more laws to spy on it's citizens, curb the right to protest the government(see the document formerly known as The Bill Of Rights) and so on? How can the country with the largest prison population really call itself free? Soviet propaganda wasn't even that effective...

This country has serious problems, instead of placing blame (there's enough to go around for everyone) what are you doing to help it?

Comment

• Wayne L.

It doesn't matter whether you're a liberal or a conservative because politicians from both political parties are bought & paid for by the " evil " special interests as they say which is the mother's milk of politics " regardless " of their political rhetoric to the American people while George W. Bush will win re-election easily in November despite it being a close race against his Democratic challenger possibly Howard Dean or John Kerry no matter what the media polls say right now due to the war on terrorism after 9/11 but the Republicans & the Democrats are " already " bought & paid for by corporations & special interest groups which is why when Democratic presidential candidate Howard DEan " pretends " to be holier than thou about special interest money it's ridiculous.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                More to the point, Dean is speaking of power to the people, not the corporations, and that resonates with sane people on both sides of the political spectrum.
                Since when do you speak for sane people?
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                  Since when do you speak for sane people?
                  I'm reasonably sane most of the time. I'm just living in a world that's become bizarro-land in the last 3 years.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• diamondD
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Have you thought about seeing a therapist for that?
                    Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'll get all the therapy I need on November 2, watching the BCE crumble.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• diamondD
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

And Nov 3rd, a straitjacket will probably be in order.
                        Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondD
                          And Nov 3rd, a straitjacket will probably be in order.
                          Nope. If Junior is elected (God forbid) the only thing in order then will be either a passport or a civil war. Haven't decided which one yet, because it's not going to come to that.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Lincoln
                            Groupie
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            I'll get all the therapy I need on November 2, watching the BCE crumble.
                            How can you say that? I thought Diebold already guaranteed Bush victory.
                            http://debatepolicy.com

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
                              kerry won't win. just on the fact that he's voted to cut intelligence spending throughout the 90's will do him in.
                              Bush increased intelligence spending...

Oh the irony...

Cheers!

Comment

Working...