PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest rushing stat of the day!

Bob_R
09-13-2004, 09:31 AM
Jerome Bettis rushed 5 times for 1 yard and 3 touchdowns. :eek:

chefcraig
09-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Jerome Bettis rushed 5 times for 1 yard and 3 touchdowns. :eek:

Which, upon further review...translates to a little over SEVEN INCHES PER CARRY!!!

Weird, eh?
...craig:confused: :D

Va Beach VH Fan
09-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Also translates to 16 yards and 48TD's....

I don't think they'll do it like that every series down there, but Bettis has to do SOMETHING....

monkeythe
09-13-2004, 07:47 PM
I'd be pissed off if I took Duce Staley in my fantasy league.

BrownSound1
10-01-2004, 01:13 AM
Bettis is done...stick a fork in him. Same with Eddie George....hell that fucker is lucky to get 2 yards on a run. Now you can appreciate the longevity and durability of guys like Sanders or E. Smith or Sweetness. (And I know you do Va....just making a point about running backs.)

POJO_Risin
10-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Bettis didn't have a long career?

Backs like Bettis, George...Earl Campbell...tend to have shorter careers because of the way they run...

Sanders spent his career not avoiding contact...but with his shiftiness and speed...and avoidance of tackles...obviously less punishment...

Emmitt...well...he found the holes...a little more punishment...but not much...

Sweetness...a combo of both...a very punishing runner...who had a bit of Emmitt and Sanders in him...

Campbell in his prime...was as good as they were...but he didn't run around people...EVER...

George...same way...not as punishing...but took a ton of hits...

and surely Bettis and Campbell share many similarities...

BrownSound1
10-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Maybe it shows you who the SMARTER backs are...:D What I'm saying is the running back position in general is not one of longevity. Obviously Bettis and George have lasted longer than the average NFL running back, which usually lasts what, 3 or 4 years? However, to play 12 or 13 years as a starting back...geezus. Whether you run over people or not, you are going to take a lot of hits in a period of time like that.

redblkwht
10-07-2004, 01:47 AM
Hell why doesnt pittsburg enter the ricky williams enchilada?
i bet Va would dig that..

Va Beach VH Fan
10-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Oh hell no....

In all seriousness, he's not the Pittsburgh type...

If you've noticed over the years, the Pittsburgh Steelers don't draft and/or sign free agent troublemakers, no matter if that means by drugs, beating the shit out of the old lady, or just being a shitty teammate.....

There may be a rare exception here and there, but for the most part, most of their players are pretty solid citizens....

POJO_Risin
10-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Well...let's not mince words here Va...

the reason for that is their run with drug offenders during the Bam Morris era...

I think there were a couple of more involved in some shit...weren't there?

PS...HE IS a Steeler type North/South runner...

but I agree he is not coming to Pittsburgh due to his douchebag status in the locker room...

redblkwht
10-08-2004, 12:50 AM
ya have to agree pittsburgh does deserve a superstar someday..
all those memoiries of yesteryear, league needs to step up
to the jerry jonses of the NFL.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-08-2004, 08:50 PM
But weren't Bam's problems after he left the Steelers ???

POJO_Risin
10-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Yeah...but c'mon...are you telling me he didn't do that shit until after he left?...lmfao...

He just didn't get caught...

You have to wonder if he didn't get pushed out the door for that very reason...

POJO_Risin
10-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Ricky Williams isn't a superstar...

he's a superdope...

BrownSound1
10-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Fuck Ricky Williams...hell the only reason he wants to come back is because he's going to have to pay back his 8 million.

redblkwht
10-09-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Yeah...but c'mon...are you telling me he didn't do that shit until after he left?...lmfao...

He just didn't get caught...

You have to wonder if he didn't get pushed out the door for that very reason...
Williams a jordanesque conspiracy? I'll buy that..

Va Beach VH Fan
10-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Oh I have no idea Poj, and honestly, don't give a fuck at this point in time....

Like I said, there were exceptions, but for the most part, pretty squared away players....

POJO_Risin
10-09-2004, 07:06 PM
and Plax?

POJO_Risin
10-09-2004, 07:07 PM
I would agree with you...for the most part...the certainly don't go after the idiotic and immoral...the Rooney's would never go for it...