PDA

View Full Version : San Juan Reveiw

walterswoodman
09-15-2004, 03:23 AM
http://www.primerahora.com/asi/

Bill Lumbergh
09-15-2004, 03:49 AM
Okay..............."VAN HAGAR FUCKING SUCKS..........GO GET YOURSELF A HOOKER, A BOTTLE OF JACK, AND A COPY OF EAT EM' AND SMILE. OH YEAH, VAN HAGAR SUCKS........"

Wow, great review! Gotta visit San Juan soon.........

walterswoodman
09-15-2004, 03:55 AM
http://www.endi.com/noticiat.asp?newsid={82AD0B9A-CB34-4F5C-AFC7-00B354F5D27A

Panamark
09-15-2004, 05:06 AM
"By one night, the followers of Go Pull ahead vibrated as if they were the very same cords of the guitar that the founder of the quartet used, Eddie Van Halen, in magno concert staged at night of Monday in the Coliseo of Puerto Rico "José Miguel Agrelot" of Cattle ranch King."

Panamark
09-15-2004, 05:07 AM
Translated !

Panamark
09-15-2004, 05:08 AM
Actually it made more sense untranslated ! :p

wiso327
09-15-2004, 07:14 AM
Puerto Rico's numbers:
Date:Monday,sept. 13,2004, 8:00pm.
Band:Van Hagar.
Opening band: Vivanativa (local band)
veneu:Coliseo de PR;Hato Rey(that's the county!!!) San Juan.
capacity:25,000 for sports events,20,000 for musicals.
attendance: 18,200+
setlist: same as other veneues (Alex VH told to a radio st. that they where changing set list "every other night".hhmmm...)

rustoffa
09-15-2004, 07:25 AM
"I was glad to eat plantains when I made the concert go home. Dessert may have thrown up as well".

Panamark
09-15-2004, 07:28 AM
Alex, you suck.

Eddie passing out on his back for twenty minutes as opposed to five, does not constitute a definition of a set list change !!

dave_is_vh
09-15-2004, 07:35 AM
Actually it is a fairly positive review. The reviewer seems oblivious to the Dave issue.

If I wrote the review it would have been one sentence:

"No existe Van Halen sin David Lee Roth - y Sammy Hagar es GORDISIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ZahZoo
09-15-2004, 09:08 AM
La Putas de la Van Halen Chingali su Madres en la culo...

pete
09-15-2004, 09:16 AM
I can't read wet-back.

Lou
09-15-2004, 11:22 AM
I'm gonna take a stab at this:

For one night, the followers of Van Halen vibrated as if they were the exact same guitar strings that the founder of the quartet, Eddie Van Halen, used in the huge concert set on Monday night in the "José Miguel Agrelot" Coliseum of Puerto Rico of Cattle Ranch King.

Early on rock lovers were occupying their place in the modern coliseum in order to fulfill their dreams and be witnesses to one of the best presentations in recent years.

Local band Vivanativa enlivened spirits with many of their hits culminating with a cover of the classic "Fire", of the late guitarist/singer Jimi Hendrix.

A half hour later, slowly but surely Eddie Van Halen, Michael Anthony and Alex Van Halen ascended to the simple stage with the VH logo to begin their date with the Puerto Ricans. Shortly thereafter, the chords of "Jump" sounded and the crowd stood up. Vocalist Sammy Hagar was the last to arrive and immediately began a festival of songs that made the quartet famous.

Dressed in a red shirt, pants and tennis shoes, Hagar's stage presence shined while mantaining constant contact with the fans that were in the first few rows. In fact, Hagar draped one of many white sheets thrown on stage welcoming him around the waist while interpreting "Humans Being", part of the soundtrack of the film "Twister".

"Hello Puerto Rico. In reality we took too much time getting here, but tonight we're going to make it up to you," expressed Hagar, who on various occasions got close to the crowd and seized each one of various articles that were thrown onto the platform during the concert.
Bassist Michael Anthony performed a brief bass solo, followed by a bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey. But it was Alex Van Halen who received extensive applause after dazzling the crowd with his abilities on the drums, while his brother Eddie looked on.

Van Halen performed hits that epitomized the David Lee Roth era such as "Unchained" and "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love", then such hits as "Roundaround", "Poundcake" and "Top of the World".

"I hope that you're having fun because I don't want to leave here," asserted Hagar before performing various solo songs on the stage.

The vocalist again interacted with the euphonic crowd, this time to ask the Puerto Ricans, "Why do you want to be a state? You live in paradise, your beaches are beautiful and we're having a good time".

Then came the performance of "Best of Both Worlds", the stage graced only with Eddie, who lighted a cigarrette and placed it in his guitar. The music again lighted up the crowd, who were on their feet for over two hours, with the chords of "Hot for Teacher."

The un-shirted guitarist, who at times appeared to be a marionette –doing energetic jumps and lying down on the stage -- performed an extensive solo that garnered him delerious acclamation.

The hits "Why Can't This Be Love", "Dreams", "Right Now", among others, falsely ended the show, but after a brief respite and the clapping of the crowd, the group returned to perform "You Really Got Me" and the classic "Panama."

Again the band abandonded the stage only to return to play "When It's Love", before Michael, Sammy, Alex and Eddie embraced each other and thanked the public for their support, finally giving a unique experience that will live on in the memory of Puerto Rican rockers

Matt White
09-15-2004, 11:02 PM
"WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A STATE?" I see that Spam the GENIUS has made another BRILLIANT public remark. WHY? Ever heard of federal AID? EVER WONDER WHY WE HAVE 50 STATES, YOU RETARD?
This guys ignorance is astounding!

FUCK YOU Van HAGAR!!!

Matt White
09-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Maybe they'd like TO VOTE!!!! ASSHOLE!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Lou
09-16-2004, 11:52 AM
I like Sam's baloney about how they're gonna make it up to Puerto Rico....

by doing the EXACT SAME FUCKING SETLIST THEY'VE BEEN USING FOR ALL THE OTHER SHOWS.

You know when Van HALEN went to South America they changed up the setlist, did "Mean Street" and "So This Is Love," brought back songs like "Little Dreamer," and did hellacious covers. That's what you call giving a special performance.

interceptor
09-17-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Lou
I like Sam's baloney about how they're gonna make it up to Puerto Rico....

by doing the EXACT SAME FUCKING SETLIST THEY'VE BEEN USING FOR ALL THE OTHER SHOWS.

You know when Van HALEN went to South America they changed up the setlist, did "Mean Street" and "So This Is Love," brought back songs like "Little Dreamer," and did hellacious covers. That's what you call giving a special performance.

I've gotta agree about the helacious covers. That boot of "Summertime Blues" from the Diver Down tour in South America just fuckin' smokes!! Too bad Rush ripped it off and VH never recorded it for an album;