PDA

View Full Version : Vhagar Attendance For 2 Shows

Thetruthbaby
09-15-2004, 12:50 PM
The following are numbers from the Oakland show and the Fresno show. If these numbers have been posted then ignore this. I'm too busy to go through every thread all of the time and deal with 350 replies to every one so for those who don't know here's the skinny. In OAKLAND they sold 9,410 tickets out of a possible 14,186. The gross was a little over $803,000. In FRESNO they sold 9,068 tickets out of a possible 11,167. The gross was about $761,000. In both cities the promoter barely recouped (assuming the $750,000 number is the same guarantee for every show). Plenty of tix left for both shows. No "rapid-fire sellouts" in site. Source was BILLBOARD MAGAZINE.

Matt White
09-15-2004, 01:04 PM
They've been accepting mediocrity for almost 20 years. The SISTERS have no shame and no concern for their legacy. It's all about the MONEY. Or, lack thereof. It's no wonder they got dropped by WBs.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Rikk
09-15-2004, 01:32 PM
It's hilarious that loser Hagar fans can hear this shit about almost no shows selling well, about WB dropping them, about the new CD not selling well...and still think somehow that the band is doing well now and that Hagar coming back was a popular idea. Wow.

Figs
09-15-2004, 02:05 PM
sammy-solo used to be pretty big in the bay area if i'm not mistaken...

Terry
09-15-2004, 05:20 PM
And those are two of the better selling shows compared with a lot of the half-full venues on this tour.

Maybe they should try opening for Bon Jovi, who (for whatever reason) can still pull in stadium sized crowds, instead of headlining on their own. Makes sense. Van Hagar and Bon Jovi are along the same lines musically anyway.

Thetruthbaby
09-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Very good comparison. I said a few weeks back that this tour reminded me of a Bon Jovi tour. They slug along and tour and draw pretty decent crowds and it's corporate 80's rock (just like VHAGAR). But it's not classic rock in the true sense (just like VHAGAR) and none of B Jovi's tours are blockbusters any longer. Also it's unlikely B Jovi get $750,000 per show from promoters so when they only average around 9,000 or 10,000 fans per night it's a profitable tour. VHagar in comparison are having plenty of shows where (because of the over-estimated demand) the promoters are either losing money or only making a minimal amount of money. Musically they are very similar. Good comparison.

Warham
09-15-2004, 06:23 PM
I don't even care about their tour numbers anymore.

They aren't going to patch things up with Dave because this tour is below par. It looks like Hagar is there to stay with the Dutchmen, or they will just fade off into obscurity.

Panamark
09-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Its VHIII all over again, and the Spamsters are delusionally triumphant ????? WTF ??

Lou
09-15-2004, 06:28 PM
No, VHIII was BETTER.

I'll tell you what, VHIII (or rather my recollection of VHIII) keeps sounding better and better with each passing day.

Even last year I couldn't ever envision myself saying this, but I can tell you right now I'd without a doubt prefer to see a 1998 show than this, and I'd enjoy listening to VHIII over any Hagar album right now.

nutts
09-15-2004, 07:32 PM
Ouch !

RogueHorseman
09-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Warham
It looks like Hagar is there to stay with the Dutchmen...

Next to no chance of that happening, trust me.

He was brought in, as second choice at that, to be the hired-hand-front-man for this ill fated tour. Nothing more.

Warham
09-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Either way, Dave isn't coming back to stay.

The whole thing is a joke. If Roth came back, it'd be strictly for cash, and that never works. It would diminish his legacy with Van Halen, and I would bet my mortgage it wouldn't last past a few new tunes.

ELVIS
09-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Lou
No, VHIII was BETTER.

I'll tell you what, VHIII (or rather my recollection of VHIII) keeps sounding better and better with each passing day.

Even last year I couldn't ever envision myself saying this, but I can tell you right now I'd without a doubt prefer to see a 1998 show than this, and I'd enjoy listening to VHIII over any Hagar album right now.

I agree!

ELVIS
09-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
Next to no chance of that happening, trust me.

He was brought in, as second choice at that, to be the hired-hand-front-man for this ill fated tour. Nothing more.

I tend to agree with that too...

Rikk
09-16-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Lou
No, VHIII was BETTER.

100% agreed. I still maintain that there's a lot of under-rated music on that album. In fact (yes, flame away) I listened to it in the car a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't all that bad. It was still better than ANY of the Hagar albums. And yes, I'd rather see that tour than this fucking shit tour.

lms2
09-16-2004, 02:47 AM
Either way, Dave isn't coming back to stay.

The whole thing is a joke. If Roth came back, it'd be strictly for cash, and that never works. It would diminish his legacy with Van Halen, and I would bet my mortgage it wouldn't last past a few new tunes.

I respectfully disagree.

Theres no place like home.

DrGrafenberg
09-16-2004, 03:04 AM
The whole thing is a joke. If Roth came back, it'd be strictly for cash, and that never works.

Dave won't sell his soul for cash, look at the whole Vegas thing. Put his own money into the project. He does shit fot the art & experience!

Terry
09-17-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Lou
No, VHIII was BETTER.

From what I saw on that 1998 MTV Down Under Van Halen 3 live thing, and what I've seen off this tour, I'd have to agree.

Van Halen 3 walked all over what Van Hagar is doing now. Least Cherone put some effort into what he was doing, misguided as it may have been.

Not too sure about Van Halen 3 vs. Van Hagar in terms of studio recordings. I mean, a piece of shit is still a piece of shit regardless.

guwapo_rocker
09-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Need 8 good seats for tomorrow night?

114 M Full price tickets US $72.00 US $3.00 US $10.05

Seats 3 to 10

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.........

DavidLeeNatra
09-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Need 8 good seats for tomorrow night?

no...

Lou
09-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Terry
From what I saw on that 1998 MTV Down Under Van Halen 3 live thing, and what I've seen off this tour, I'd have to agree.

Van Halen 3 walked all over what Van Hagar is doing now. Least Cherone put some effort into what he was doing, misguided as it may have been.

Not too sure about Van Halen 3 vs. Van Hagar in terms of studio recordings. I mean, a piece of shit is still a piece of shit regardless.

Well if I'm gonna take a shit, I'd rather have it be a short compact thing (VHIII) than some loose bowels that I have to spend 25 minutes sitting on the john to shit out (Van Hagar).

Warham
09-17-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by lms2
I respectfully disagree.

Theres no place like home.

That's fine, but I'd still bet you a steak dinner he ain't coming back.

:D

TongueNGroove
09-18-2004, 12:28 PM
I think a big reason the shows are not selling out is because of the High ass ticket prices. I would love to see VH, but I wouldn't pay as high as $130 for a decent seat.

But, that said, they are making nearly a MILLION dollars per show, how can you say that is a failure??

They so far have scheduled 73 shows and will probably add more. If you average each show at around $700,000 then that is over 53 MILLION dollars just for the tour alone, not even counting the Platinum album sales.

I don't think anyone is losing money on this venture.

RogueHorseman
09-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
...not even counting the Platinum album sales.

I don't think anyone is losing money on this venture.

Ah, yeah...

That is, assuming that no expenses are being incurred by anyone.

Fuzzy math and 500,000 "shipped" but far from sold CD's does not a success make.

scottydabodi
09-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Man, Dave rejoining these bozos would almost make me puke, unless it was on a permanent basis. And we all know that Ed can't handle being told what to play by Dave, even though Dave knows better than Ed does. Dave was the Brains behind the whole VanHalen thing... when he split, then Ed became the brains, and Ed, as we all know, is a fucking moron. Ed should kiss Dave's ass, period.

Matt White
09-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Man, Dave rejoining these bozos would almost make me puke, unless it was on a permanent basis. And we all know that Ed can't handle being told what to play by Dave, even though Dave knows better than Ed does. Dave was the Brains behind the whole VanHalen thing... when he split, then Ed became the brains, and Ed, as we all know, is a fucking moron. Ed should kiss Dave's ass, period.

THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND!!! SCOTTYDABODI RULES!!!
SUCK IT SHEEP!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!

:fucku2: :fucku2: :fucku2: