PDA

View Full Version : Dlr Band

Thetruthbaby
09-15-2004, 06:12 PM
I have heard from some sources that Dave has about 2 albums worth of rock material that could be used for new albums. Also I heard that he wanted to forego the major label thing when the DLR Band album was released because he thought that the hype from the split with VH would be enough to generate significant sales and garner some radio airplay. Of course this didn't really pan out. Now my sources could be wrong of course but this all sounds logical to me. And as much as I love Dave he has miscalculated things like this before. A major label or subsidiary would have been the better route in terms of marketing to a large audience. It almost always is. Although I like "Diamond Dave" I thought it was not really a great idea in terms of marketing to do a covers album. I've come to the conclusion though from interviews, observing past actions & meeting Ron Wikso & Ray Luzier that Dave just does things on a whim. Whatever and whenever he feels like it. I don't think money is an issue and although as fans we want him to release an album and tour every year I can understand why he does whatever he wants. That is the greatest gift money can give you. And it seems to me Dave is taking advantage of it.

Thetruthbaby
09-15-2004, 06:13 PM
I mean to post this a reply to the other thread about this subject. I F'd up. Sorry.