PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any friends that are Sammy Hagar fans?

Lou
09-15-2004, 06:33 PM
I don't have any friends that are Sammy Hagar fans. If any of you do, tell me what it's like putting up with them. I take it they're one helluva person in all other regards to be able to tolerate their bad taste in music.

lms2
09-15-2004, 06:34 PM
I did once, but they got run over. I had to back up and do it again to make sure.

TwoFoolsAMinute
09-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Oh hell yes, I've had many VHagar fans for friends. They don't understand me, I don't understand them when it comes to VH.

sambo
09-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by lms2
I did once, but they got run over. I had to back up and do it again to make sure.

LOL!

I do have friends who are delusional in that respect, but I have a good deal with them, they always get Roth when they visit my place but if I ever hear Hagar when I visit them, I start yelling and breaking things...

sambo
09-15-2004, 08:11 PM
Oh, I did go to a party last week where I got there late and there was a group of guys and girls standing around a fire, very drunk, singing WCTBL. Apart from looking and sounding very ridiculous, having Van Hagar playing is so not the best advertisment to get people to turn up to your party.... I couldn't stop laughing..

Luckily for me, there was a pub across the road, so a few of us went there until the stupidity was over...

I just try to stay away...it's safer..

rustoffa
09-15-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by sambo
Oh, I did go to a party last week where I got there late and there was a group of guys and girls standing around a fire, very drunk, singing WCTBL. Apart from looking and sounding very ridiculous, having Van Hagar playing is so not the best advertisment to get people to turn up to your party.... I couldn't stop laughing..

Luckily for me, there was a pub across the road, so a few of us went there until the stupidity was over...

I just try to stay away...it's safer..

LMFAO! 5 stars!

rustoffa
09-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Casual acquaintances maybe....I'm not even sure about that.
The thing I remember is all my friends, well, not all of them....some of 'em.. were all bitching about how WCTBL sounded like a harmonic kirby vacuum cleaner when it came out.

Matt White
09-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Yup, I've posted about my Spammy lovin' bud before, but here it is again.
I've known this guy for almost 10 years. He loves Van Hagar. He went as far as to buy VHIII because he loved EXTREME. I warned him. Now, he hates Van Hagar for screwing Gary over!!!:lol:
The guy has a sizeable cd collection. 700-800 cds. 5 GOOD cds total. HAIR METAL FANATIC. The first time I saw his collection(Brittany Fox, Stryper,Firehouse, Trixter, Poison, Bon Jovi, etc etc...) I said, "I always wondered back in the day Who was buying this SHIT...and it was YOU!!!!" He's a good guy with a good sense of humor, BUT he loves CHEESE!!!! LOVES SPAMMY'S LYRICS!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
He tried telling me one time that Spammy wrote "better" lyrics than DAVID LEE ROTH!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!!!! I laughed him outta the building!!! I said "UNCHAINED alone is BETTER than the ENTIRE Van Hagar CATALOG COMBINED!!!!!!"
He now realizes to NOT mention Van Hagar within earshot of me, as I will verbally accost him!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Big Troubles
09-15-2004, 10:25 PM
best friend likes Gary Cherone of all fucking people. He thought VH3 was the height of VH. I tell him he's fucking retarded to think that and push the classics on him. He hates Daves voice and says Dave "talk sings" and its not real singing. It fucking pisses me off when he does that speil.

tjvhou812
09-15-2004, 10:38 PM
yea, im a hagar fan

but i'm also a roth fan...

and if you dont like it, then fuck you:)

MAX
09-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Van Hagar actually brought an Elephant on this tour? They must have used some strong assed cables to hold up that one ton beast in the red shirt above the drum riser!!! WOW!!!! And to think that Ed claimed Dave was the "circus act" in a Halen show?

Seriously, I'm still in shock that people actually paid $$$$ to watch this joke!!!!

Bill Lumbergh
09-16-2004, 03:25 AM
My best friend isnt really a hard core VH fan(but he is a fan). He prefers Dave, but he has 5150 and that live atrocity. Never plays that shit around me, in fact I sometimes(holding back the puke) take 5150 out of his cd rack to make sure it's gathering plenty of dust.

Panamark
09-16-2004, 03:29 AM
FUCK NO !!

I did have one friend who was a hagar fan. But they quickly
realized the truth after visiting this place..

Im proud to say I know no Hagar fans.. :)

But then again, us Aussies are more discerning with our
tastes in fine arts and musical expression. :p

Bill Lumbergh
09-16-2004, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
FUCK NO !!

I did have one friend who was a hagar fan. But they quickly
realized the truth after visiting this place..

Im proud to say I know no Hagar fans.. :)

But then again, us Aussies are more discerning with our
tastes in fine arts and musical expression. :p

My friend I have to agree with you. Sammy actually had a minor solo career here.........everywhere else pretty much ignored him

Panamark
09-16-2004, 03:45 AM
I *still* havent heard "I cant drive 55". Im totally proud of that !!
I dont think its ever been played on Radio here..

Its just as good as not being able to recollect the "Dreams"
video.. :D

Switch84
09-16-2004, 05:53 PM
:o :D No friends, but I once dated a guy that turned out to be a closet Van Fagar fan. I was leafing through his album/cd collection one day and found F.U.C.K, Balance, and ou812! I almost blew a gasket when I saw that shit (That fagdified circular 'VH' symbol was enough to make me hurl)! He tried to justify owning the cds by saying, "What was the remaining members of Van Halen supposed to do when David Lee Asshole bailed on the band, quit?"

As I was leaving his apt. (and him, the shithead) I yelled 'HELL YEAH!'

I haven't spoken to him since. He probably bought tixs to this crappy reunion tour, the rat bastard.

Lou
09-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Honestly, if I'm gonna be friends with someone who's a Van Hagar/Sam fan then they'd better be perfect in all other regards :D

moose
09-16-2004, 06:28 PM
My neighbour and my son's best freinds dad. They like some of the van gaygar crap but still think that the best days were with Roth. Anyhow I forwarned them that if they metion spam any where near or around me that they would be hangin on the wall in my "Trophy Room".
Other than that all my buds are CVH fans.
Cheers