PDA

View Full Version : How To

JUMPMAN
09-16-2004, 12:23 AM
How long will it take for Eddie and the boys to run out of money and to realize they need Dave. Why does 1985 have to be such a salty subject. :confused:

Matt White
09-16-2004, 12:28 AM
I don't know about them running out of money, JUMPMAN. But, you'd think their nearly 20 year drought of GREAT SONGS would make them reconsider getting DAVE back in the band!!!
I believe, like DAVE himself said, that their rift is caused by EVH's ALCOHOL & DRUG ABUSE.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

bueno bob
09-16-2004, 01:14 AM
Bah, fuck 'em!

Gimme Dave or Gimme Death!

lms2
09-16-2004, 02:58 AM
And would you like that quick and merciful, or slow and lingering. Hey Bob, its been a while... How ya doin?

Bill Lumbergh
09-16-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
I don't know about them running out of money, JUMPMAN. But, you'd think their nearly 20 year drought of GREAT SONGS would make them reconsider getting DAVE back in the band!!!
I believe, like DAVE himself said, that their rift is caused by EVH's ALCOHOL & DRUG ABUSE.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

I take it you didnt enjoy "Feels so good"?

Matt White
09-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
I take it you didnt enjoy "Feels so good"?

I gotta say Bill, no I'd didn't! I think it's a three way tie for WORST Van Hagar song:
"Feels so Good"
"When its Love"
"Love comes walking In"

Any of these three could EASILY be on a RICHARD MARX recording. UTTER FUCKING SHIT!!!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!

RogueHorseman
09-16-2004, 10:49 AM
I gotta say Bill, no I'd didn't! I think it's a three way tie for WORST Van Hagar song:
"Feels so Good"
"When its Love"
"Love comes walking In"

runs screaming, holding ears...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Bill Lumbergh
09-16-2004, 12:14 PM
"Feels so Good"
"When its Love"
"Love comes walking In"

Any of these three could EASILY be on a RICHARD MARX recording. UTTER FUCKING SHIT!!!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!

Well I think it's fucking great.............for irritating the living fuck outta people and driving them to suicide.

rustoffa
09-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by JUMPMAN
How long will it take for Eddie and the boys to run out of money and to realize they need Dave. Why does 1985 have to be such a salty subject. :confused:

Dave made Ed a better musician.....it was a healthy competitive struggle for the dynamic. Neither party were willing to accept anything less than perfection.

Now Ed's in charge and look at the product. Ed obviously likes being the boss and has no desire to be challenged and made to dig down deep for that extra something.

He'd rather dig for another beer outta the cooler and enjoy his court jester.

bueno bob
09-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by lms2
And would you like that quick and merciful, or slow and lingering. Hey Bob, its been a while... How ya doin?

Quick and merciful, please...take me outta this misery... :)

Doing good, lms! Got the move settled and things are looking up, just to the point of packing shit away and relaxing in our new place for a bit...glad, too, because the old ladies been a complete stressball for a while, since this all began, and I need the break :D j/k

Anyway, glad to know I was missed!

Terry
09-17-2004, 04:47 PM
It's just slack. Ed's been a victim of his own success. He just plain stopped trying after Roth left.

"Yeah, well, some of us don't slow down to pat ourselves on the back and build monuments to ourselves in our backyards."

DLR 1985

1984 was a huge success, and a certain amount of fans who hopped onto the VH bandwagon in 1984 because of Jump (along with longtime fans who were naturally curious to see what the new lineup sounded like) gave Van Hagar's first effort, 5150, respectable sales.

Van Hagar basically coasted for ten years off the boost of that first album, with diminishing returns produced off every successive release.

Might have been better if Van Hagar had flopped from the get-go. Then Ed wouldn't have had the maneuvering room to become so lackadasical.

Think that is the ultimate reason why the classic lineup can't get it together. Roth just aint interested in hooking up with a bunch of slugs and tarnishing the legend.

Golden AWe
09-18-2004, 04:17 AM
yes, but how long will it take for the people here to realize that dave is not getting back to VH?

Panamark
09-18-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Dave made Ed a better musician.....it was a healthy competitive struggle for the dynamic. Neither party were willing to accept anything less than perfection.

Now Ed's in charge and look at the product. Ed obviously likes being the boss and has no desire to be challenged and made to dig down deep for that extra something.

He'd rather dig for another beer outta the cooler and enjoy his court jester.

The Russ-man speaketh the truth ! :)
Look no further for your answer !

JUMPMAN
09-20-2004, 12:00 AM
I think you are right. Dave will probably never get back with the Drunk crew. Alas it sure was good while it lasted. All we can do is hope and rember the good times.

Terry
09-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Have resigned myself to the belief that Dave's not gonna return with the band.

And unless all four classic members would go into a reunion approaching it as something other than a cash-grab, oldies-only concert tour, I don't even wanna see classic Van Halen try to put it back together.

Bout the only way I can see it happening is if Ed and Al take on the reunion in a begrudging manner, with an attitude of, "fuck it, we'll do it for the fans and maybe then people will stop bringing up Dave's name and we can put the whole issue to rest." And that bullshit won't fly.

scottydabodi
09-20-2004, 10:29 PM
"Feels so Good"
"When its Love"
"Love comes walking In"

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!

Matt, you forgot "I can't stop lovin' you"!! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!! I can't believe I just uttered those words!! I going to shoot myself in the fucking face with a Goddamn BAZOOKA!!!