PDA

View Full Version : Signed VH 1

moose
09-16-2004, 02:17 PM
This past weekend(in Vegas) I was looking at a copy of VH1(mint) signed by the whole band. The album was pressed in 79' and like I said earlier it is in great shape.
They(store owners) were holding that album and another album(van gaygar) that was also signed for a so called huge Van Halen fan.
I begged and pleaded for them to sell it to me but they wouldn't cause
"we promised the guy to hold them".
So iI left my phone # and e-mail. Anyhow the long and short of it is that I just got a call from the store owner, who informed me that the so called huge Halen fan bought the other version album and that for this weekend only VH 1 is going to be on the floor for $500 bananas.
If it doesn't sell then I can buy it.
If any of you cats live in Nevada near Sin City go to the Fashion Show Mall @ 3200 Las Vegas Blvd and take a look.
I know $500 is a bit to much but shit it is signed by the boys.
What do you think? Should I or shouldn't I?
Oh by the way while in Vegas the billboard by the airport had the van gaybar ad for the show at the Orleans Centre and the billboard by the palms would also show the same thing.
Without a doubt this band has become a fuckin joke.
PS where the fuck is the Orleans Centre?

Cheers!

bueno bob
09-16-2004, 02:22 PM
$500 is a bit steep...I bought an autographed DLR acoustic guitar at a pawnshop in Vegas the last time I was down there for about $70...sold it on eBay for near $550 or so.

I'd offer them $200 or so, but not much more than that. Moreover, I'd start at $150 and work your way up. Anymore than $200 is a bit rich...I've seen autographed VH1 LPs here in collectors stores at the mall for no more than that.

moose
09-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
$500 is a bit steep...I bought an autographed DLR acoustic guitar at a pawnshop in Vegas the last time I was down there for about $70...sold it on eBay for near $550 or so.

I'd offer them $200 or so, but not much more than that. Moreover, I'd start at $150 and work your way up. Anymore than $200 is a bit rich...I've seen autographed VH1 LPs here in collectors stores at the mall for no more than that.

Thanx BB I know that it was in Vegas and everything is 2x the price in Vegas..............so that's why I'm just a bit leary.
Any how I am looking for signed CVH albums to put in my theatre so if you or anyone else can help me out let me know.
Cheers