X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Shrub's Lead Vanishes

So much for "Mission Accomplished", as most of the country is still in control of the "insurgents".

So much for "turning the corner"

So much for being greeted as liberators, Iraqi oil paying for reconstruction, and "freedom"

This "war president" is going down. And taking the whole cheney/rummy/wolfie/rove/rice/bremer/tenet/perle/chalabi chickenhawks with him.

Kudos to Kofee Annan for calling this war what it was "Illegal"

New Poll Shows Bush, Kerry in Virtual Tie
    By WILL LESTER, AP

Released SEP 15, 2004
    WASHINGTON (Sept. 16) - The GOP convention gave President Bush a double-digit lead, but the race has settled into a virtual tie with voters still worried about the economy and Iraq, according to polling by the Pew Research Center.

The first of two national polls by Pew, done Sept. 8-10, reflected the president's post-convention bounce. Bush was ahead of Democrat John Kerry 52-40 among registered voters and by an even wider margin, 54-39, among likely voters, a narrower group.

"Bush's vulnerabilities on Iraq and the economy continue, and these have anchored the race."
    -Andrew Kohut

By the second poll, done Sept. 11-14, the Bush lead had evaporated. In that poll, Bush and Kerry were knotted at 46 percent among registered voters. Among likely voters, Bush was at 47 percent and Kerry at 46 percent.

"There is a great deal of instability and uncertainty in the electorate," said Andrew Kohut, director of the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press. "This poll finds a lot of the positive impact Bush had in the convention remains. But Bush's vulnerabilities on Iraq and the economy continue, and these have anchored the race."

After the Republican convention and its well-orchestrated criticism of Kerry, Bush grabbed a lead ranging from 5 points to 11 points in various national polls. That lead appeared to be shrinking in some polls by late last week, and a Harris poll out Thursday showed the race even.

"This gives Kerry an opportunity to stay in the hunt," said Kohut. "Some of the negatives that Kerry accumulated during the Republican convention have worn away."

Kerry's unfavorable ratings increased after the GOP convention but dropped slightly between the two waves of the poll. Fewer voters in the second poll had an unfavorable view of the Democrat, said Kerry is too quick to change his mind, and believed the risk of terrorism would be higher if he were elected.

Bush continues to hold a commanding lead on who would do the best job of defending the country from terrorists by 58 percent to 31 percent. And he's seen by more as a strong leader.

But people are more likely to disapprove of Bush's handling of the economy and are evenly split on his handling of Iraq. Almost six in 10 said it's not clear what Bush will do about Iraq if he is re-elected.

Talk About It

· Chat
    · Top News Boards

Two-thirds thought Vice President Dick Cheney went too far when he suggested that if voters "make the wrong choice" on Election Day there is a danger "we'll get hit again" by terrorists.

Interest in the presidential debates is high with 61 percent saying it's very likely they will tune in to watch - compared with 43 percent who said that in September 2000. Three in 10 said the debates will matter in their voting decision.

By a 3-1 margin, voters said they think Bush is likely to win re-election in November.

The first poll of 970 registered voters was taken Sept. 8-10 and the second poll of 1,002 registered voters was taken Sept. 11-14. The margin of sampling error for both polls was 3.5 percentage points.

09/16/04 16:36 EDT
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Bush continues to hold a commanding lead on who would do the best job of defending the country from terrorists by 58 percent to 31 percent. And he's seen by more as a strong leader.

End of story!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

" End of Story" comes in November.

you know that.

Sept of '92 you were ready to crown poppy a second time, too.

Let's watch 2 more months of pentagon leaks, prisoner abuses, fake alerts, Saudi connections, poor intel, civil war headed Iraq, american hostages, and THEN see how the story ends, shall we?

Besides, JFK may have learned how to campaign by then, and we'll have a real horse race [insert joke here]

end of story my ass

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

One real debate and Junior is toast.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Big Train
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Not to mention two more months of cooked up "leads" by news networks, a serious analysis of Kerry Senate record and a real debate...I agree there still is a lot of time. The fact that the challenger got very little bounce from his own convention should trouble you a bit though I would think.

Comment

• madraoul
            Foot Soldier
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            Pretty much says it all. And none of this "oh, they were mean to him" this time. Let your hope for the free world speak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Big Train
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

And let your hope flop depending on crowd reaction...

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

FORD, how did your hero, Professor Gore, do against Bush four years ago in the debates?

I'd go on record and say he's a far better debator than Lurch.

You libs are getting desperate. Now you think the debates are going to pull Kerry's ass out of the fire? Bush will do well in the debates.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Not so fast, Gallup says Bush has a 13 point lead over the "New JFK"... :p

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                    And let your hope flop depending on crowd reaction...
                    One would think you righties wouldn't throw around the "flop" word considering the enormous amount of bush AND cheney FLOPS of late

but hey, whatever distracts people from the fucked up mess you've made of things is okay, i guess

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Re: Shrub's Lead Vanishes

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

New Poll Shows Bush, Kerry in Virtual Tie........

The first of two national polls by Pew

The Pee..uw Poll stinks. I'll trust the double-digit lead of the Gallup organization over this circus outfit anyday.

LoungeMachine, you're a joke. Please try to do better.
                      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• ODShowtime
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I have NEVER agreed with you more
                        gnaw on it

Comment

• Big Train
                          Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

OK Lounge,

Let's forget the word flop if it makes you uncomfortable. All Bush has to do is point out how indecisive the Man with-the-Plan-he-won't-tell-anyone is snd there you go. I'm for American jobs? But how? I'm for fighting a different war? But how? I won three medals? But how?

Top it off with a jaunt down Senate lane and we can look at twenty years of work and see???? Not much. Riding along on Uncles Ted's Big Dig, being a committee member and being out to lunch on most major issues of the last twenty years. Or actually 19, as he has taken the last year off senate wise, missing 80% of the votes.

Comment

• diamondD
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

If Gore couldn't get it done, I doubt Kerry is gonna do much better when he gets up there and starts contradicting himself.
                            Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Re: Re: Shrub's Lead Vanishes

Originally posted by BigBadBrian

LoungeMachine, you're a joke. Please try to do better.
                              Coming from you, that's a compliment.

If you EVER agreed with me I'd take the gas pipe in a minute.

Thanks for playing

Comment

Working...