PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play golf here?

Crmlcrm216
09-17-2004, 12:45 AM
I've been kinda sorta playing since February and I desperately need any help on my short game. Any tips?

I've taken lessons but that was really spent looking at my instructor (went on a date with him too). :baaa:

guwapo_rocker
09-17-2004, 04:14 PM
I'm banned from most public courses for insurance purposes!

Figs
11-15-2004, 03:02 PM
What the hell are you trying to do? Kill me with a golf ball? It's not enough you have all these beautiful acres fenced in for your little game, but you gotta kill me with a golf ball? You should have children playing here, you should have families having picnics, you should have a goddamn petting zoo. But instead you've got these stupid electric carts for you old men with nothing better to do.

Mezro
11-15-2004, 04:21 PM
No.

But I've been known to beat the fuck out of a giant turtle when I lose at minature golf.

Mezro...damn you terrapin menace...I'll kick you in the frothy otter bag...

Fairwrning
11-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Golf is a blast if you have a doobie and a couple of brews...short game..mine sucks..but go with a shorter club and hit that bitch full swing..don't fuckin aim..trust me..it helps..

smaz
11-15-2004, 06:54 PM
I played for a while a few years ago, but it got a bit boring playing at the same course on my own :( I managed to get a par though!! And at the local pitch 'n putt I almost got a hole in one (All the holes are par 3) but I was about 6" away from the hole. Fook............. And the best thing is don't swing madly at it trying to smack it as far as you can. Just swing the club as if the ball wasn't there and let the club do the rest. Throwing your weight into it will just throw you off balance and into the trees..........

ashstralia
11-15-2004, 07:52 PM
pick one club to chip with
all the time. (9 w, sw)
buy a bag of cheap balls to
practise with.
go to your practise green
and chip 1000 balls a day!

smaz
11-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by ashstralia
pick one club to chip with
all the time. (9 w, sw)
buy a bag of cheap balls to
practise with.
go to your practise green
and chip 1000 balls a day!

That would work, but make sure you wear gloves otherwise the blisters wouldn'e be nice.......

BrownSound1
11-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Play golf? Well I do own a set of clubs...but I wouldn't call what I do actually playing golf.

Brett
11-18-2004, 02:16 PM
I hack around the course once in a while. Love the game, just have good days and bad. Mostly bad.

Should ask Seen, he's a pro.

ZahZoo
11-18-2004, 03:00 PM
I'm guessing when you say short game you are toalking pitching and putting right?

Practice a lot is obviously a given...

When I'm having problems in this area I first work on my setup. Make sure you are centering on the ball and your play angle is correct. Sometimes I find myself shifting from center for different types of hits and when my game goes off I move back to centered and get back to basics.

Next work on your swing... more often than not I'm usually end up with too much backswing and not enough follow through. Try and keep the swing even and mostly between 4 oclock and 8 oclock. Watch any hip movement and twisting in your shoulders too.

Putting... again check your setup and make sure you are getting centered on the ball. Club alignment is key. Also the most common thing I do is not followthrough...