X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 51nner's5wing

What's up with THIS??

I just saw this over at classicvh.com:

"Any Time, Any Place

This unreleased original is a leftover song from the 1984 sessions. It has never been performed publicly."

Does anyone know anything about this song or possibly even have a copy??

Thanks!
  • Cato
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

post the link.
    Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Lou

There are a lot of songs locked up in the vaults that we'll probably never hear.

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

In 96 at the MTV awards Dave was quoted as saying "we've recorded several songs"...... Several in my books is at least 6 or 7. Me Wise Magic and CGTSNM is 2. There are alot of unreleased songs that Ed and only Ed have access to. I was kinda hoping that since WB has a strong contractual agreement still in place with VH- Proof being the Best of Both Worlds release- that possibly WB has the power to make an official release of Genes demos and some other recordings during the earlier days of the group.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Lou

The old van-halen.com had a list of songs like that and a few of them have yet to surface. In fact one of them, "Glitter," surfaced only a couple of years ago.

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

yup, and it sucked too. I liked a few of the Dave solo unreleased and most of the classic VH unreleased, but clearly there is a reason why it was never a full release.
            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Lou

I thought Glitter was a really rockin' song. The clip we have is obviously truncated but I liked what I heard.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

maybe thats all it was then. I didn't care for some of Dave's 91 unreleased songs. "kill the guy" wasn't horrible, but wasn't a complete hit either. Dave knows some of his stuff is weak. Maybe I'll give Glitter another listen too.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

Gentlemen (of leisure) gets a B-

Glitter maybe a B

Kill the Guy C

Shine the Light D-

Kicks B-

Cruel Obsession (should have been left on the CD IMO) gets an A-

Comment

• Calderone
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2004

they are not 1991 they are from the aint that peculiar...bad habits sessions

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

my bad. sounds very early 90's.

Comment

• 51nner's5wing

So what is the deal with "Any Time, Any Place"
                        ANything left on the cutting floor from 1984 has got to be worth a listen.

Comment

• wwotr
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Jan 2004

There were a total of 4 songs recorded with Dave in 96.
                          This info comes from an insider from 5150.
                          The names of the "other" 2 songs were not given to me.
                          Roger
                          WWOTR

Comment

• Lou

Glitter is from 1974 I think, from the "Cherokee Demos" which someone somewhere is hoarding.

Comment

Working...