PDA

View Full Version : DeLaHoya or Hopkins

aceshigh
09-18-2004, 01:43 AM
I'm not so sure he can win, but the Golden Boy may very well bring his best to the table!!! Whats your opinion????

POJO_Risin
09-18-2004, 01:46 AM
Well...if DeLaHoya loses this...he's done...

Hopkins is a bad motherfucker...

ALinChainz
09-18-2004, 10:55 AM
Oscar's power is noticably less each move up in weight class. His first fight at 160 was hardly a stellar performance whatsoever.

I think Hopkins, and probably easy.

The one thing De le Hoya has going, is that he has been in these "big fights" many more times. He will handle the pressure better more than likely, but you can only move up so many times.

POJO_Risin
09-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Well...here's something to consider...

when you look at Roy Jones Jr....

who's normal weight is 200...meaining...he's been coming down to fight for years...making his heavyweight move more natural...and keeping his power...

De La Hoyas natural weight is 150...making the upwards move a stretch...and losing power...

Now...here's the thing...whenever DeLaHoya gets his back to the wall...he comes out and proves himself...

He totally legitimizes himself if he wins this fight...

again...if he loses though...he's really just another fighter...

he's one of the few prime time boxers I can remember who lacks the finish...

if DeLaHoya would have known how to finish...

he may have been up there with Haglar, Hearns and Sugar Ray Leonard...

monkeythe
09-18-2004, 01:35 PM
As far as common opponents in big fights go, DeLaHoya quit against Trinidad while Hopkins crushed him.
Also, DeLaHoya should have lost his last fight, but boxing being boxing he got the decision so this fight could happen.
DeLaHoya is also a distracted man, doing his Fox TV show instead of training like he will need to do against a fighter like Hopkins.

When you add it all up, Hopkins should win by KO. However if it goes the distance, DeLaHoys gets the Vegas judges decisions in exchange for them appearing on his reality show.

POJO_Risin
09-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Didn't Trinidad move up in weight for that fight? Not making excuses for Trinidad in the least...but if I remember correctly...he had to move up to fight Hopkins...

Now De La Hoya hasn't always won fights that were close...although he certainly has come out on top in more than he hasn't...obviously...

wasn't there a fight...perhaps against Mosely...that he lost...in a close fight?

I hate De La Hoya...think he's overrated...which is an understatement...

He's the kind of guy that underachieves...and can't finish...but possesses all of the tools...

I hope Hopkins wins...a win like that legitimizes a reign...and Hopkins certainly deserves that...

redblkwht
09-18-2004, 11:33 PM
I see within 5 rounds Hopkins just punishes Oscar & wins
in a TKO, hes out of his league..

Unless there is a fix;)

redblkwht
09-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Hopkins by KO, in the 9th..i called a loss, but surprised it
lasted this long.

POJO_Risin
09-19-2004, 01:11 AM
I guess it was a boring fight...glad I didn't get it...

redblkwht
09-19-2004, 01:19 AM
$57.99 for the charge here, i followed the espn boxing updates..lol
fuck that price man, NO WAY-

if there was a real hagler leanard rematch id do it in their primes
though!