X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Best baseball analyst

Who do you guys think is the best baseball analyst?

I say Tim McCarver.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Anybody but Joe Morgan....

And anyone with the last name of Carey....

And Buck....

OK, I'm finished....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I don't know...I'll be honest...I don't like many...

I like McCarver a bit...but not much...

there's a lot of local guys that really call a good game as analysts...

but personally...I'll take the radio guys...who can call and analyze on their own...

Tom Hamilton in Cleveland is as good as they get...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

HOMER ALERT !!!!!

Won't see me doing that, Lanny Frattare's been doing the Bucs' games for nearly 30 years now, and I think he's as boring as ever....

I was watching the Dodgers/Bucs series about a month ago, and I just listened to Vin Scully broadcast a game, and was thinking to myself, "THIS is how it should be done"....

I also think that Bob Costas is very good, although I think he tries a little too much to throw in the funny lines, as a lot of announcers nowadays do.....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

God do I think Costas is a jackass...

he's about as fucking pious as they come...

just horrible...he makes fucking Morgan look like a hall of fame announcer...

Frattare sucks...always has...don't miss listening to that jackass in the least...

listen to Hamilton...the guy has great calls...

every year his contract comes up...teams swoop in like vultures...

on of these years...I'm sure...he'll be gone...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

McCarver's a goon.

When you watch the Yankees/Red Sox games, he's so blatantly in the Yankee's back pocket, it's not even funny. I have no idea why either, because he played for the Cardinals.

Steve Stone is a good color guy.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

yeah...I actually like Stone...

McCarver has been the analyst for Yankee games...for years...don't know if he still is...but he was...

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

That explains it then.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Yeah...he's a NY guy...both Mets and Yanks...

and a kissass...

Comment

• Bob_R
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    McCarver has been the analyst for Yankee games...for years...don't know if he still is...but he was...
                    He's not anymore Pojo.
                    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• wraytw

It's amusing with Buck and McCarver because Buck is so anti-Yankees and McCarver is pro Yankees.

Comment

Working...