PDA

View Full Version : Van Hagar Fans, are they really that stupid ?

Panamark
09-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Anyone here who has heard EVH in the past, know he is not
playing anywhere near his best at the moment.

Yet the Spammy fans are whooping and celebrating like its
the second coming of christ...

So my question is,

Are they so stupid that they dont interpret the music as deeply
as us, and hence it doesnt register that Ed is off ??

*OR*

Do they blissfully accept "Sub-standard Van Halen is better than
no Van Halen"

Whats the deal ?????

MAX
09-18-2004, 11:08 PM
Haven't even read your post yet mate but....... YES!!!!!

Now, I'll read it..... :D

Panamark
09-18-2004, 11:09 PM
LOL :D

Matt White
09-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Panamark, I've got a theory or two on this.
1.) You've got the EVH apostles, those who HAVE and HAVEN't seen him. They slavishly stick to the "EVH is god" routine, without any basis in reality. They simply SEE and HEAR what they want to. OR, they haven't done their homework and aren't truly knowledgeable sas to what EVH was once capable of.
2.) These sick FUCKS have ZERO taste in music. They LOVE Van Hagar, and all of their CHEESEY POWER BALLADS!!! These lost souls are the remnants of the HAIR METAL NATION, who can't stand ANY band that formed after 1989. UNLESS that band or artist is YOUNG COUNTRY!!!
Both groups are blinded to the utter mediocrity of Van Hagar.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

MAX
09-18-2004, 11:20 PM
Ok, read it and the same answer still applies.....

YES!!!

MAX
09-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Fuck, in all honesty Ed can't write for shit anymore and it beyond shows. Adding the round rocker into the mix isn't any help either.

Honestly, I'll go back to 1996. I heard Humans Being and thought it wasn't too bad for a Van Hagar song. Needless to say, Spam didn't have too much to do with it. Then we received the two stellar gems of MWM and CGTSNM. Even though Dave wasn't involved in VD3, I was curious cos it seemed Ed was somewhat "Reborn?" LMAO!!!!

Then the fucker holes up for years, reunites Van Hagar and puts out three such sub-par songs that I would be embarrassed as a Van Hagar fan? Downright pathetic. :rolleyes:

I hope they don't release another album of new material cos Edward obviously has none to give. I highly doubt a heavy dos of The Toastmaster General can salvage what VH has become.

It looks as if Edward both thrives and takes great pleasure in playing the role of a fucking bum, drunken nut and loser? Most Rock Icons mature with age. Not in Van Has-been's case!!! Alexia tries to play the business shark, Mike just blows Hagar and is more interested in the second coming of opening a TGI Fridays with the fat never-was and Ed is just fucking gone.

The legacy is gone. I still am grateful that I got two final songs in 1996 and that they were stellar unlike the pathetic "Best Of" sequel that they are currently slopping upon the public. :rolleyes:

pete
09-18-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Anyone here who has heard EVH in the past, know he is not
playing anywhere near his best at the moment.

Yet the Spammy fans are whooping and celebrating like its
the second coming of christ...

So my question is,

Are they so stupid that they dont interpret the music as deeply
as us, and hence it doesnt register that Ed is off ??

*OR*

Do they blissfully accept "Sub-standard Van Halen is better than
no Van Halen"

Whats the deal ?????

I equate it to being a true fan of EVH like we are of Roth.

He's still exceptional.

He's still the same guy who changed the face of rock.

but he definately is past his prime.

MAX
09-18-2004, 11:58 PM
One other thing and it's important. Unless you are Weird Al Yankovic (SP?) what sort of a motherfucker would write lyrics as pathetic as that "Up for Breakfast?" I shit you not? Look, I've played in bands and if the fucking singer EVER brought in lyrics as both pathetic and stupid as those (Especially if it were some sort of "comeback?") the band would kick the guys ass!!!!

Luckily I only heard half of it ONCE but come on?

"Cream in my coffee, butter's my muffin, berries my banana and some fucking melon referral? And they actually RELEASE IT and PLAY IT live with a straight face?

Then we go with that first dumbass single "It's About Time?" How fucking cliche' can one get? Again, I tried about four times to get through that song and just couldn't.

Finally, the last one "Learning to Sing" or "I Can't see" or whatever it's called? Yeah, I gave that a one time listen cos a lot of people that I like said it was stellar CONSIDERING or BUT!!!! LMAO!!!!

It was horrible!!!!

LMAO!!!!!

Sorry for the ramble but it's fun talking Halen again!!!

Cheers!!!!

:gulp:

Dr. Love
09-19-2004, 12:11 AM
Max, save some for the novel, dude. ;)

MAX
09-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Max, save some for the novel, dude. ;)

LMAO!!!

So are you sentencing me to only writing a brief sentence in my replies? ;) :p :)

MAX
09-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Lou,

Go with this.........

To the music of Queen's "Bicycle":

I like to type on my keyboard........... I really like to type..... lol! ;)

bueno bob
09-19-2004, 02:47 AM
I think it's some of the both, myself. Hagar fans were always willing to accept sub-par music from Van Halen and after seven years (or whatever it was) of NO music at all, I think the combination added up to the point where the sheep were ready, willing and able to swallow anything thrust at them...hence the reason the three new "songs" were fucking crap and obviously rush-jobs from a musical and lyrical perspective.

No real risk for Van Hagar, though, they knew their die-hard sheep would revel in whatever they managed to shit out.

I really don't think Van Hagar knew the tour was going to go this badly, though, or that the songs and the album were going to be resounding failures in so far as radio play and sales were concerned.

Panamark
09-19-2004, 04:24 AM
Its like Ed and Al calculated that they could give mediocrity and still receive a fixed performance fee, and went yeah !!! Fuck it, we can make money here, so what if we only attract 5000-10000 dumbfucks
that couldnt tell if we are even playing the songs correctly, lets do it !
No Dave, Sammy wants to blow us both, Mikey is still the mangina he has always been. Fuck the Fans, Fuck the legacy, give us money, and
screw you if you dont think we are up to it.

As Ed said, some nights he plays ok, others not ??????
Well thanks ED.. What do you give those fans that turn up on
the night your uppers dont override the alcohol consumed on
that day ??

Who cares ?? You get paid... Yep, we get it...

Fucking assholes..

Panamark
09-19-2004, 04:32 AM
I guess Im trying to say that Ed and Al were very aware about the level of intelligence of the Van Hagar fans...

Matt White
09-19-2004, 09:22 AM
I guess Im trying to say that Ed and Al were very aware about the level of intelligence of the Van Hagar fans...

I'd agree with that 100% Panamark.
EVH & SHEMP have been dumbing down their music for the past 19 years, so why not just coast to the bank? No point in exerting the effort in recording new material, just lie(I've got 10 cds worth!) to the SHEEP. No effort on this tour (butchering CLASSIC VAN HALEN SONGS), nowhere NEAR enough rehearsal. No effort to be in GOOd shape to tour(Remember that they said DAVE couldn't tour in 1996, the BASTARDS!!!), instead EVH is a drunken WREAK!!!
And still, 7,500 SHEEP a night flock to see 'em put on a half-assed show. Not caring, I haven't listened to the Van Hagar songs on boots to see if their BUTCHERING those as well. I don't doubt it. The SHEEP are so blind, it doesn't matter WHAT they fuck up, they'll call it IMPROVISING or say "EVH is playing HIS WAY!!!!" "UNFUCKINGBELIVEABLE!!!!"

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!

EbDawson
09-19-2004, 09:29 AM
It must be the Kool-Aid they're all drinking.

DrMaddVibe
09-19-2004, 10:42 AM
5150 man, EdWad is living it!

Dave knew it too....take a look at the old vid!

And yes...to confuse Van Halen with Van Hagar you would have to be stupid.

Terry
09-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Would have to imagine any clear-thinking person would be unable to say what's going on this year represents Van Halen, or even Van Hagar, at their best.

Can't believe any fan of what the classic lineup did, or even fans of what Van Hagar did, could find this acceptable. Have heard the three new tracks, have seen the concert clips posted on this site. For what Van Hagar are charging for this fiasco, anyone who thinks they're getting value for their money deserves to be fleeced.

Have to agree that it's a lack of standards, and maybe a refusal to let go. Think most of the people who dug Van Hagar from the get-go were Van Halen fans who hopped onboard in 1984, along with a certain amount of guitarists with shit in their ears. Any guitar player worth their salt knew Eddie was spent by the time Eat 'Em and Smile came around, and Vai was just walking all over synth-playin' Ed.

Also agree it's the aging hair-metal contingent that makes up the bulk of who's attending these shows this year. Same folks who go and see Bon Jovi and the endless package tours of Poison/Slaughter/Warrant/whatever. Guess taste and common sense aren't attributes one acquires with age by default.

Makes sense. Van Hagar was a follower of that mid to late 1980s power ballad rock lite movement.

Classic Van Halen was highly influencial. Just a shame how that influence was displayed at times.

Panamark
09-25-2004, 07:52 AM
No Spamsters care to answer this one ??

Whats the deal ? You dont mind substandard Van Hagar, or
you just dont realize when EVH is not playing shit properly ??

Switch84
09-25-2004, 12:35 PM
No Spamsters care to answer this one ??

Whats the deal ? You dont mind substandard Van Hagar, or
you just dont realize when EVH is not playing shit properly ??

:( He could play guitar like me and get slavish admiration from these idiot sheep. Roth wouldn't have stood for such sub-par playing or half-assed lyricism (because he would've written the lyrics himself, for starters!)

The Brothers Grim and Fat Mike knew Davy Baby would raise all kind of Hell and kicked some ass to get them up to his level, and they couldn't handle it. That's why Spammy was chosen again; He personifies mediocrity.

Matt White
09-26-2004, 01:30 PM
DAVE has ALWAYS maintained that the SISTERS LAZINESS was the primary factor in his walking out of the band in 1985. LAZINESS & SUBSTANCE ABUSE.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

:bottle: :sleepy: :guzzle: :gulp: :gulp: :guzzle: :sleepy: