PDA

View Full Version : Van Hagar rocks just as much as Van Halen.

Wayne L.
09-19-2004, 09:23 AM
I'm an old VH/DLR era fan who thinks it's ridiculous the way some of my fellow Van Halen fans react to the Van Hagar era because I know nothing will ever compete with the original VH with David Lee Roth as frontman which goes without saying but whining about Sammy Hagar is sick since it's Eddie's band whether you agree with me or not no matter who the frontman is at the moment. Those first six important & influential classic rock albums by VH with Dave are timeless gems but the so called Van Hagar era made some great music as well with F. U. C. K. being my personal favorite which kicked ass even though it's not Van Halen or 1984 along with the other VH classic rock albums during the Sammy era. Most of you can whine all you want to about Eddie, Dave & Sammy on a semi-personal level like spoiled brats but it's not going to change anything because it's all about the music & the shows which is why I will never forget experiencing Van Halen live back in 84 during my youth & it's too bad this VH reunion tour isn't the the biggest tour of the year.

lms2
09-19-2004, 09:27 AM
Oh Good. Rikk does so need a new play toy.

Golden AWe
09-19-2004, 09:32 AM
good ol' wayne l.

Matt White
09-19-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
I'm an old VH/DLR era fan....is sick since it's Eddie's band whether you agree with me or not.....it's too bad this VH reunion tour isn't the the biggest tour of the year.

Well Wayne, I don't agree with you. I'm a CLASSIC VAN HALEN fan who went to several VAN HALEN concerts when DAVID LEE ROTH fronted the band, which in ALL actuality was HIS band. Lets look at a few facts here:
1.) DAVE named VAN HALEN, thus showing he wasn't/isn't an ego-maniac
2.) He ran the Business aspect of the band.(i.e. booked the shows, conducted rehearsal, was in charge of marketing, stage design, stage clothing, )
3.) He directed the 1984 videos, to great success.
4.)HE WROTE ALL LYRICS
5.) HE STRUCTURED ALL MELODIES & HARMONY
6.)He was the media focal point for the band
7.) he maintained VAN HALEN's public image & persona

DAVE LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN. It wasn't EVH's band until DAVE left. And EVH cried like a School-girl when he walked out the door. It is(in my opinion) disingenuous to imply that EVH was in control when DAVE was in the band. Revisionist history isn't going to change the facts. EVH has been running things for the past 19 years. Sub-par music, sub-par concerts(I've been to 2 Van Hagar shows, 1986 & 1988, both of which SUCKED compared to VAN HALEN concerts!), and a drought when it comes to GREAT songs.
If you like Van Hagar, more power to 'ya. But the younger fans need to know the truth. DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN. It's not a slogan, it is the TRUTH. All a person needs to do is go out and buy the 6-PACK, the truth is IN THE MUSIC.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Golden AWe
09-19-2004, 09:55 AM
matt, what's wrong?

are you really taking this thread seriously?

Matt White
09-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
matt, what's wrong?

are you really taking this thread seriously?

Naw, Golden AWe, I just thought I'd go for the un-expected and respond with the facts. It usually stops the SHEEP dead in their tracks!
'Cus, obviously, if anybody thinks Van Hagar ROCKS as much as THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN, they'd be clinically tone deaf. And blind. And completely lacking any style and flair!!! NO COOLNESS!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

DrMaddVibe
09-19-2004, 10:38 AM
Ummmm, no they don't rock. They just lay around and whimper.

DLR IS Van Halen Bitch!

Golden AWe
09-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
Naw, Golden AWe, I just thought I'd go for the un-expected and respond with the facts. It usually stops the SHEEP dead in their tracks!
'Cus, obviously, if anybody thinks Van Hagar ROCKS as much as THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN, they'd be clinically tone deaf. And blind. And completely lacking any style and flair!!! NO COOLNESS!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

sure, it's amazingly much cooler and very unexpected for you to repeat the same things we already knew and have already heard a 700 045 times.

besides, do you think a van hagar-fan is worth "saving"? you definetely know there's no hot chicks among them...

Golden AWe
09-19-2004, 10:41 AM
uff, what the fuck am i doing here in the main anyway

names change, rumors stay the same

DAVE IS NOT GOING TO RETURN TO VAN HALEN

Matt White
09-19-2004, 10:50 AM
Perhaps a more didactic approach is beyond some of the brethren, but some here prefer not to resort to the usual heckling and contumacious haranguing unless the SHEEP in question resorts to the usual DAVE bashing their kind so love. Ironic when the use of reason becomes "expected".

pete
09-19-2004, 11:00 AM
it's too bad this VH reunion tour isn't the the biggest tour of the year.

No windbag, mediocrity breeds indifference.

In the most recent case of Van Hagar, it's not even mediocrity. It's a piss-poor product.

Like the product of yer daddy's bean-bag.

Golden AWe
09-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Perhaps a more didactic approach is beyond some of the brethren, but some here prefer not to resort to the usual heckling and contumacious haranguing unless the SHEEP in question resorts to the usual DAVE bashing their kind so love. Ironic when the use of reason becomes "expected".

some of us prefer to ignore the thread starts like this one of wayne's

and don't really care about some sheeps, no matter how didactic

enjoy the music.

Matt White
09-19-2004, 11:14 AM
Well Wayne..... All a person needs to do is go out and buy the 6-PACK, the truth is IN THE MUSIC.

AMEN.

Golden AWe
09-19-2004, 11:36 AM
live back & tour tour of the year.

HALLELUJAH!

TwoFoolsAMinute
09-19-2004, 11:42 AM
Well Wayne, I don't agree with you. I'm a CLASSIC VAN HALEN fan who went to several VAN HALEN concerts when DAVID LEE ROTH fronted the band, which in ALL actuality was HIS band. Lets look at a few facts here:
2.) He ran the Business aspect of the band.(i.e. booked the shows, conducted rehearsal, was in charge of marketing, stage design, stage clothing, )
4.)HE WROTE ALL LYRICS

DAVE LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN. It wasn't EVH's band until DAVE left. And EVH cried like a School-girl when he walked out the door. It is(in my opinion) disingenuous to imply that EVH was in control when DAVE was in the band. Revisionist history isn't going to change the facts. EVH has been running things for the past 19 years. Sub-par music, sub-par concerts(I've been to 2 Van Hagar shows, 1986 & 1988, both of which SUCKED compared to VAN HALEN concerts!), and a drought when it comes to GREAT songs.
If you like Van Hagar, more power to 'ya. But the younger fans need to know the truth. DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN. It's not a slogan, it is the TRUTH. All a person needs to do is go out and buy the 6-PACK, the truth is IN THE MUSIC.

Lame thread or not, that's a killer post!!!

guwapo_rocker
09-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Wayne L. is a FAG!!!!

twonabomber
09-19-2004, 12:23 PM
the toejam has finally gone to Wayne's head.

scottydabodi
09-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Matt White is king!! On a side note, ALL HAGAR SYMPATHIZERS SHOULD FUCK OFF. Thank you.

freak
09-19-2004, 02:48 PM
masochism
n : sexual pleasure obtained from receiving punishment (physical or psychological)

Just put him in his gimp suit, slap his ass and move on.

Nothing to see here folks.

vanhalenrock
09-19-2004, 04:21 PM
4.)HE WROTE ALL LYRICS

You failed to mention that EVH wrote all the music........ without the music David Lee Roth had nothing for his "melodys" or "harmony" ideas..... yes he is the greatest front man of all time. he carrys himself like no other man alive. but. ur clearly lost when it comes to talking about music by saying that DLR was VH and to be honest i couldn't stop laughing at how retarded you are simply by ur contradiction in term..... DAVE named VAN HALEN yeah wonder where he got that name eh? retard?. mabye when u realise EVH was the reason 70% people went to see VH u will realise that your opinions are nothing, all u have is a bullshit to tell and no facts. the fact that you post so dramatic towards such a simple expression of opinion shows that u know the truth inside about who was the one between DLR and EVH. go cry little boy i'll not be back to this site considering most people here would rather run there mouths with there highly weak insults about EVH and Sammy H than talk about the life and music of DLR.

can u smell that?

smells like jelousy .

good day sirs

Panamark
09-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Wayne must have spotted a pic of Spammy in bare feet.

Matt White
09-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by vanhalenrock
You failed to mention that EVH wrote all the music........ and to be honest i couldn't stop laughing at how retarded you are simply by ur contradiction in term..... DAVE named VAN HALEN yeah wonder where he got that name eh? retard?. go cry little boy i'll not be back to this site considering most people here would rather run there mouths with there highly weak insults about EVH and Sammy H than talk about the life and music of DLR.

can u smell that?

smells like jelousy .

good day sirs

Smells like you live on a diet of cheap gin, hubris, and haggis. DAVE named the BAND VAN HALEN, GENIUS. The SISTERS wanted to call it RAT Salad. Documented fact, Copernicus. EVH wrote the music, and DAVE arranged it. Thus, the friction. It's why Spammy has NO say in how the music is put together. Again, read some interviews, SHAMUS. But, like the typical SHEEP, you have NO INTEREST in facts concerning the band.Your just hear to flap your gums and get a thrill. Another serenade of shit, with nothing of interest to say. Save the blarney for a Spammy lovin' DOLT who cares.
And before coming back, and you will come back, try an educate yourself when it comes to VAN HALEN. If you don't know what your talking about, sit down and shut the fuck up. You just embarrass yourself by spewing the typical SHEEP slogans.

pete
09-19-2004, 08:07 PM
can u smell that?

good day sirs [/B]

That's the smell of incestual funk and your mom's bad cooking.

EINSHTEIN!!

twonabomber
09-19-2004, 08:09 PM
throw the toesucker into the Pen.

diamondsgirl
09-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Matt White is king!! On a side note, ALL HAGAR SYMPATHIZERS SHOULD FUCK OFF. Thank you.

Matt always has great posts! :)

Terry
09-19-2004, 10:14 PM
I'm an old VH/DLR era fan who thinks it's ridiculous the way some of my fellow Van Halen fans react to the Van Hagar era because I know nothing will ever compete with the original VH with David Lee Roth as frontman which goes without saying but whining about Sammy Hagar is sick since it's Eddie's band whether you agree with me or not no matter who the frontman is at the moment. Those first six important & influential classic rock albums by VH with Dave are timeless gems but the so called Van Hagar era made some great music as well with F. U. C. K. being my personal favorite which kicked ass even though it's not Van Halen or 1984 along with the other VH classic rock albums during the Sammy era. Most of you can whine all you want to about Eddie, Dave & Sammy on a semi-personal level like spoiled brats but it's not going to change anything because it's all about the music & the shows which is why I will never forget experiencing Van Halen live back in 84 during my youth & it's too bad this VH reunion tour isn't the the biggest tour of the year.

If you are an old VH/DLR fan and know that nothing will ever compete with the original lineup (your words), then why do you think it's ridiculous how fans of the classic lineup react to Van Hagar?

You say Van Hagar rocks just as much as classic Van Halen, then go on to say why it's too bad this Van Halen reunion tour isn't the biggest tour of the year.

You say that the 6 albums made with Roth are timeless gems, a quality you don't bestow upon Sammy and Co., and then you go on to say that it's all about the music.

You're trying to criticize people for preferring the classic lineup over Van Hagar, then put yourself in the same category by your own comments.

One of the more overt cases of self-defeating logic I've yet to see.

Methinks 'tis just another example of diehard Van Halen fans knowing deep down that there was only one lineup of the band that mattered and will be remembered (Hint: Hagar wasn't in it, neither was Cherone).

bueno bob
09-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Let's go over this point by point...

1. I'm an old VH/DLR era fan who thinks it's ridiculous the way some of my fellow Van Halen fans react to the Van Hagar era...I know nothing will ever compete with the original VH with DLR.

2. Whining about Sammy Hagar is sick since it's Eddie's band.

3. Van Hagar era made some great music as well...F. U. C. K. being my personal favorite which kicked ass.

4. It's all about the music & the shows.

5. This VH reunion tour isn't the the biggest tour of the year.

1. It's not ridiculous the way we react to Van Hagar. We only want REAL Van Halen, not half-assed Van Halen. You're satisfied with a half assed band, we remember what VAN HALEN used to be. No comparison.

2. The bands name is "VAN HALEN", not "THE EDWARD VAN HALEN GROUP". Erego, the band is NOT Ed's. Ed's tried to convince fans and the general public that Van Halen is HIS band since 1988 in order to erase some of the damage done by the lack of David's presence. Some people, I like to call them SHEEP, have bought it...REAL Van Halen fans have NOT.

3. Van Hagar has NOT made any GREAT music...it's made average music at best. F.U.C.K. did NOT kick ass...up to that point, it was the worst Van Halen music ever put to record...overproduced fucking garbage is what F.U.C.K. was, NOT a "rockin' record"...

4. Both of which SUCK due mainly to Hagar's influence on them, thanks very much. If it's all about the music and the shows, well, Hagar's due almost all the blame since I could probably get behind Van Halen without Hagar ruining both of the above.

5. This is the only thing you've said that I can conclusively agree with 110%.

Thanks!

Cato
09-20-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Wayne L. is a FAG!!!!
agreed.

and he's too stupid for his age. just like knocunz is.

CROWBAR
09-20-2004, 11:03 AM
because I know nothing will ever compete with the original VH with David Lee Roth as frontman which goes without saying

If you know that, then why all the psychobabble about the fuck album & spammy? You contradict yourself repeatedly! :confused:

DLR_EngineRoom
09-21-2004, 08:00 PM

DLR_EngineRoom
09-21-2004, 08:04 PM
4.)HE WROTE ALL LYRICS

That was one of the best posts I've ever seen...Congratz, son. You did good.

Oh and by the way, RIGHT NOW VAN HAGAR STILL SUCKS SHIT!

Matt White
09-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
That was one of the best posts I've ever seen...Congratz, son. You did good.

Oh and by the way, RIGHT NOW VAN HAGAR STILL SUCKS SHIT!

Thank you SIR!!! I Did it for DAVE, DUTY, And HUMANITY!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

turboblues
09-23-2004, 06:13 PM
Engineroom never fails in entertaining me!

smaz
09-23-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by vanhalenrock
You failed to mention that EVH wrote all the music........ without the music David Lee Roth had nothing for his "melodys" or "harmony" ideas..... yes he is the greatest front man of all time. he carrys himself like no other man alive. but. ur clearly lost when it comes to talking about music by saying that DLR was VH and to be honest i couldn't stop laughing at how retarded you are simply by ur contradiction in term..... DAVE named VAN HALEN yeah wonder where he got that name eh? retard?. mabye when u realise EVH was the reason 70% people went to see VH u will realise that your opinions are nothing, all u have is a bullshit to tell and no facts. the fact that you post so dramatic towards such a simple expression of opinion shows that u know the truth inside about who was the one between DLR and EVH. go cry little boy i'll not be back to this site considering most people here would rather run there mouths with there highly weak insults about EVH and Sammy H than talk about the life and music of DLR.

can u smell that?

smells like jelousy .

good day sirs

**Sniff Sniff** Can you smell that?

Smells like bullshit.

DLR_EngineRoom
09-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by turboblues
Engineroom never fails in entertaining me!

Y-10-Q!!!

pete
09-23-2004, 10:30 PM
oh enough - let the short bus lead them down the road of salvation.

Golden AWe
09-24-2004, 12:48 PM
i'll repeat this here, i hope wayne l. will get it...

this thread is like defending a bisexual man by saying "why can't you like both men and women"

well, the heterosexual men love pussy.

bisexual men love pussy too, but will always be remember as knights of the brown hole.

DrGrafenberg
09-24-2004, 01:52 PM
4.)HE WROTE ALL LYRICS

Excellent post Mr White but I feel you missed to other major points as to why Van Halen owe Dave so much...

1: Was it not Dave idea to keep Eddie's guitar playing technique under wraps (playing with his back to the crowd) until they had a record out? So they (Van Halen) didn't get "copied" and loose the element of surprise
2: Was it not Dave that stopped Eddie playing solo's for Kiss, there by securing the sound of Van Halen once again, until they had a record out?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
If these things hadn't been done then all Eddie would have gone on to be, would be a glorified session musician