PDA

View Full Version : I think we need to lay off Eddie...

Dave's PA Rental
09-19-2004, 05:49 PM
I was just reading the thread with the photo of EVH and the bloody kneecaps and I started thinking...

Do we have to all hate Eddie? I mean, what would you prefer, seeing Eddie with a frosted-tip flat-top and a goatee, parachutte pants... or a dirty, no-shirt rotting teeth-and-gums homeless impersonation?

Which is more 'Rock and Roll'? I'll take the bloody kneecaps and the 'Layne Stayley rotting teeth and gums' look.

Now, mind you, I didnt go see Van Hagar in Worcester, nor have I downloaded ANY of the 2004 shows...I do not support any incarnation of VH without DLR...

But what if Dave was back in the band? Would we all be busting on Eddie for his looks then?

Panamark
09-19-2004, 05:57 PM
If Dave was back and EVH could actually play the old songs, I couldnt give a fuck how he looks..

But neither of those scenarios seem likely.

diamondsgirl
09-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental

But what if Dave was back in the band? Would we all be busting on Eddie for his looks then?

I'm pretty pissed that he's not back in the band, and also pissed that Ed is still talking shit about Dave. Which is why I talk shit about Ed.

Matt White
09-19-2004, 08:10 PM
After the debacle of 1996. I have nothing but spite & malice in my heart towards EVH. FUCK HIM.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

diamondsgirl
09-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
After the debacle of 1996. I have nothing but spite & malice in my heart towards EVH. FUCK HIM.

yup. that too

MUSICMANN
09-19-2004, 09:23 PM
download the dvd of st.louis show and see and hear, for yourself. Ed can still play the way he used to. the proof is right there.

Terry
09-19-2004, 10:04 PM
According to Ed, he doesn't pay any attention to what people on the internet say about him anyway, because "[he] has a life," so none of what we do on this site should be bothering him anyway, unless he was being true to form (i.e. a lying sack of shit).

Bottom line: None of what Ed says or how he looks would make a difference if he was creating and playing worthwhile music. I mean, are we gonna have dissections about the technical merits of a slab of shit like "Up For Breakfast" (impossible, as there aren't any)?

Roth & Roll
09-19-2004, 10:08 PM
I can't speak for everyone, but for speaking for myself; the reasons (there are many, which I'll get around to in a minute) I have lost all respect for the man who influenced me to learn guitar at the age 13 are as follows :

1) Since Dave left, Eddie proved himself to be an even bigger egomaniac than Dave has ever been.

2) Since the breakup of Van Halen in the spring of '85, Dave has celebrated the great music he helped create, and shared it with his fans from day 1 of the breakup.
EVH along with the rest of the band, ignored it and distanced themselves from it until 1998 with Gary Cherone who at least loved the music enough to embrace it while always being respectful of Dave. It's the very reason I also can't stand Sammy. He robbed and cheated many fans by refusing to acknowledge Classic VH on tour, which strictly from a guitar point of view cheated the fans from seeing EVH play most of the best guitar work in his career.
Sammy took a big, fat, wet, burrito-induced, shit all over the fans of Classic VH when he refused to acknowledge it to fans such as myself who actually paid $19.00 Canadian to see them back in 1986. The only reason I was going was because of Eddie and by Sammy refusing to perform Classic VH, Eddie's best stuff was never going to be heard live again. While Van Halen III sucked as much ass as Van Hagar, at least Cherone WANTED to play it live because he understood and knew what Classic VH meant to the fans, even though he sucked at it. Eddie began playing stuff that no one had heard live since '84. At least Cherone had respect for Classic VH while Spammy had none. While I'm not a fan of Gary Cherone's music, at least I can say he has class.
Spammy has none.
EVH was the self-proclaimed leader of the band after Dave left the band. Ultimately this means that EVH allowed Spammy to pull this shit on the fans.

3) The '96 fiasco killed off whatever little respect I had left for EVH. He took an even bigger shit on the fans than anything that even Spammy excreted from his fat, pimply. cum-frosted ass.
EVH deceived the music buying public, the fans of Classic VH, and most importantly; Dave, into thinking that a Classic VH reunion was in the works - so he could promote his "Greatest Hits" album.

So while in my opinion, EVH is one of the greatest rock guitarists of all-time; he is also the one of the biggest, lying. pieces-of-shit that the entertainment industry has ever produced.

And that's the bottom line....

Matt White
09-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Roth & Roll
I can't speak for everyone.......
3) The '96 fiasco killed off whatever little respect I had left for EVH. He took an even bigger shit on the fans than anything that even Spammy excreted from his fat, pimply. cum-frosted ass.
The deceived the music buying public, the fans of Classic VH, and most importantly; Dave, into thinking that a Classic VH reunion was in the works - so he could promote his "Greatest Hits" album.

So while in my opinion, EVH is one of the greatest rock guitarists of all-time; he is also the one of the biggest, lying. pieces-of-shit that the entertainment industry has ever produced.

And that's the bottom line....

YEAH! What Roth & Roll said!!!! FUCK EVH!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!

Nitro Express
09-19-2004, 10:57 PM
He made a fabulouse living doing something he not only enjoyed but loved. He did what he wanted to do and got rich and famouse doing it. Then he let his ego, smoke, and drink eat it all away.

The man had everything and then wrecked it all. His band, his health, his marriage.

EVH is the biggest loser I know of.

bueno bob
09-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Frankly, were David back, I'd still be busting Ed's chops about his appearance. But I'd be a lot happier with him if he was actually playing his own damn songs correctly and not sounding like a half-assed cover artist of himself...devolving into self-parody is the lowest common denominator for a professional musician, and Ed's sunk even lower than that, considering the bastard can't play his own shit correctly anymore.

Terry
09-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Think the bottom line is people give Ed a hard time in here because the music he's made post-Roth just plain stinks, and it's hard to accept that lack of quality from someone we all know is capable of better.

scottydabodi
09-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Ed can kiss my fucking ass. He's a lying douche bag who is hell-bent on discrediting all of what Dave did for them. He doesn't play classic material, he downs Dave whenever an interviewer gives him the chance, and has chosen Hagar over Dave to front the band.... What a fucking MORON!! AND I'm not even counting all the mediocrity he's produced in the last 20 years. Fuck that dude! Brian Young RULES!!!!

Nitro Express
09-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Ed is like a straight A student who dropped the ball and became a F and D student. Nobody in the world respects people like that. If Ed is going to be this inconsistant, he should just retire and he just might after he quickie grabs as much money from the sheep as he can.

Matt White
09-21-2004, 12:18 AM
I THINK we need to give EVH a punch right in the FUCKING mouth. FUCK HIM!!!

madraoul
09-21-2004, 12:27 AM
Ed should be outsourced to India. Maybe then we could get a really kick ass sitar player in return.

Hecubus
09-21-2004, 12:29 AM
I don't hate Eddie at this stage in the game. I feel more sorry for him than anything when I see the unflattering pics. One one hand I wish that he took better care of himself to be able to keep writing good music, but on the other hand, it's his choice to be that way.

I was bitter in 96, I'm confused as to why they didn't keep pursuing stuff with Roth in 2000, because I know that anything they would/did come up with would blow the doors of of the 3 new Van Hagar tunes.

Figs
09-21-2004, 12:31 AM
Eddie has said and done a lot of things that piss me off, but like a battered wife I will run to get tickets if there ever is a real reunion and cheer for him.

madraoul
09-21-2004, 12:36 AM
"Dreams" came on the radio today. I hate that fucker.

DLRdelight!
09-21-2004, 01:23 AM
Ed is my guitar hero, now he has been fucked up to dave, maybe he will make it right some day