PDA

View Full Version : Good Times

scorpioboy33
09-19-2004, 09:52 PM
K just a few quick questions than Mods please feel free to terminate this thread.....

1. When I hear this song it makes me think that maybe Dave is longing to be back with VH ie."just count to three and I'l be read to follow that road", is that what it's about?

2. Did Van Hagar or Van Cheronne ever talk about Dave or the whole original VH in a song?

3. It's prob. my fav. DLR or VH song of all time but he doesn't seem to play it does he???

thats all , thanks in advance for the answers

Lou
09-19-2004, 11:21 PM
OK I hate to break the news to you but there's no DLR or VH song called "Good Times." Are you talking about the song "Damn Good" from Skyscraper?

bueno bob
09-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Aint we lucky we got 'em....GOOD TI-YIYIYIYIYIYMEEES....

diamondsgirl
09-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Dave claims it is not about VH

Damn Good Times is a Damn Good Song and I have no clue as to why it didn't make The Best.

I think its too mellow for Dave to do live. His shows are high power rock and roll, baby.

scorpioboy33
09-19-2004, 11:35 PM
ok cool....Damn Good....anyways thanks for the info...kinda makes me sad...I was hoping it was about VH

bueno bob
09-19-2004, 11:37 PM
Damn Good always seemed a very defeatist song to me...I never really cared for it for that reason...I like my Diamond One upbeat and happy! :)

scorpioboy33
09-19-2004, 11:39 PM
wait I know...he was singing it to me......I just heard it through my TV set Dave wants to follow that road to me........

btw bueno.....to me it reminds me of hanging out with friends thinking of the past...."who's that standing in the corner NOT ME, ah the crazy things we used to do"

diamondsgirl
09-19-2004, 11:43 PM
If he played it live, we'd all be looking around like a bunch of slouches all sad and shit. Like, wtf? How'd I get so friggin' old. LOL

It'd be a bit of a buzzkill. But, a great song nonetheless.

scorpioboy33
09-19-2004, 11:46 PM
yah maybe I just think it would be a cool song...him in the spot light sitting down..but I am none to be cheesy as hell :)

tobinentinc
09-20-2004, 02:14 AM
Damn Good, is a damn good song. It shows the musical creativity of DLR. It's not his usual ass kicking stuff, but in that case it didnt' have to be. It showed Dave could right a great ballad and not be considered a pussy.

scorpioboy33
09-20-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by tobinentinc
Damn Good, is a damn good song. It shows the musical creativity of DLR. It's not his usual ass kicking stuff, but in that case it didnt' have to be. It showed Dave could right a great ballad and not be considered a pussy.

exactly pappy!

55starfire
09-20-2004, 08:30 AM
damn good is one of my very favorite DLR songs- doesn't necessarily fit into his current concert format... but would be fun to hear it live...

Dave hasn't admitted it- but its a pretty good bet that the "good old days of VH" were in the back of his mind (if not the front) when he wrote that... part of the creativity of lyrics- it "could" be about VH -or it could be about whatever the song makes the listener think of... that ambiguity is what makes it so intruiging- something Sammy has never grasped in his lyric writing...

it really is some of Dave's best work (the guitar work ain't too shabby either!)