X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scorpioboy33
    Commando
    • Jul 2004

can the US afford another war?

Not being an American I simply don't know...but seriously...is the US going to over extend itself?
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Already has... that's why the BCE has got to go.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Big Train
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I think it is unlikely we will get involved in another military conflict anytime soon. We have a lot of unfinished business on our plates already. Covert action, possibly, but all out war unlikely.

When is Canada gonna extend itself? Being American I don't know....sorry, just busting your balls..

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Bullshit quote
        Already has... that's why the BCE has got to go.
        But you said Kerry was also BCE...

Comment

• lms2

America does not get into the wars it can afford, it gets into the wars it cannot afford to stay out of.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

There you go...

Comment

• lms2

Comment

• scorpioboy33
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

ewww lms...we disagree completely....cool

as far Canada not extending it self...we got some guys in Afganistan (yah I know I can't spell big deal)

anyways we don't have alot of a military but we were there for the big ones...we just tend to keep our nose out

Comment

• lms2

I was looking for an argument...

Comment

• scorpioboy33
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2004

there are alot of people way to informed for me to argue with here..I kinda like posing questions more than making statements that way I can learn....my opinions are always subject to change based on information....Elvis and you had a couple good points the other night Im still thinking about

Comment

• lms2

We like to keep you thinking.

Comment

• lms2

War sucks. But it is like this board... always an argument going on somewhere. You can walk away from many of them, but after awhile, it leaves a really bad taste in your mouth and you need to put your two cents in. In it for a dime, in it for a dollar.

Comment

• scorpioboy33
                          Commando
                          • Jul 2004

why do these things always have to be about arguing as opposed to learning from each other...?

Comment

• Big Train
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I thank you for considering them.

Canada is in an enviable (Sp?, it's late) position in that you do have the option more so to pick and choose your conflicts. As the US, militarily speaking has North America covered, Canada and Mexico's armies don't need to be armed to the teeth and ready to go. So you have a passive army that gets involved more on a peacekeeping/ back end of things usually.

My guess is Canada will get much more involved with the war as time passes. The train bombings in Spain are probably a similar treatment you guys can expect. Eventually they will be attacking across the board. They will find another reason for Spain to be in "violation" of something and need to be made an example of. As they rolled over before, I'm sure they will be at the top of the list for a target to "make a statement" down the road. Let's hope you guys go the Russian route...

Comment

• scorpioboy33
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                              I thank you for considering them.

Canada is in an enviable (Sp?, it's late) position in that you do have the option more so to pick and choose your conflicts. As the US, militarily speaking has North America covered, Canada and Mexico's armies don't need to be armed to the teeth and ready to go. So you have a passive army that gets involved more on a peacekeeping/ back end of things usually.

My guess is Canada will get much more involved with the war as time passes. The train bombings in Spain are probably a similar treatment you guys can expect. Eventually they will be attacking across the board. They will find another reason for Spain to be in "violation" of something and need to be made an example of. As they rolled over before, I'm sure they will be at the top of the list for a target to "make a statement" down the road. Let's hope you guys go the Russian route...

Yike I hope your right...and I do agree that we are lucky to have the States beside us.....just don't think the war was needed...anyways...cool response

Comment

Working...