PDA

View Full Version : Big DLR experience...

DavidLeeNatra
09-20-2004, 10:15 AM
I deceided to get a tattoo 18 years ago but waited for the right moment and the right idea (as far as you expect it to have it for your fucking lifetime)

so I asked my fellow soldiers of the army for two pics while I was on tour, made a photoshop and went to a tattoo-studio...

I didn't mention where I got my inspiration from at all but the guy who was supposed to do the tattoo (who was from brasil) looked at my picture smiled and said "hey, I know this, looks fucking cool"...again no mentioning from me where I got it from!

two days later was the time the tattoo was supposed to be made and I had to wait in the studio for a moment. the guy came to me and said "it's showtime..." so I went to the chair and the guy dissappeared for a moment and when he came back there came a very familiar voice blasting from the speakers "are you ready for the new sensation !!!" ...and suddenly the whole place was going "hey...long time not listening to that album, great!!!"

that mofo from brasil and I were singing along the whole time and he could whistle every single note from the guitar solos...it was pure fun and the pain was totally forgotten...after two hours and a half I got the picture on my arm and here it is...

DavidLeeNatra
09-20-2004, 10:16 AM
special thanx to mr john holmes for the pics!!!

Matt White
09-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Right on Bro!!!! That FUCKING ROCKS!!!!
BADASS INK!!!!
If I could vote for 'ya again, I would several times!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!

Classic
09-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Now that's cool!

Roth-Halen
Vey nice leenatra!
Is that tatoo off the YFLM album?

BTW have you checked this thread?
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=215784#post215784

DavidLeeNatra
Originally posted by Matt White
DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!

that's the spirit... :D

DavidLeeNatra
09-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Roth-Halen
Vey nice leenatra!
Is that tatoo off the YFLM album?

it's the ALAE cover with the artwork of "hey, you never know"

moose
09-20-2004, 11:03 AM
Very nice!.
Kudos to you pal!:D
Oh and a 5 STAR for that sweet looking tat.

DlocRoth
09-20-2004, 12:28 PM
How do I give this bad ass a vote?!

DlocRoth
09-20-2004, 12:29 PM
got it.

Mezro
09-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Right on DLN! Now that is some good looking ink brother!

Mezro...I was worried that you'd get a picture of Dave's face or some cheesy shit like that...

BigDaddyD
09-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Nice. That deserves 5 stars from me.

kcmusician
09-20-2004, 02:59 PM
That's bad ass man, very kewl!

DavidLeeNatra
09-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Right on DLN! Now that is some good looking ink brother!

Mezro...I was worried that you'd get a picture of Dave's face or some cheesy shit like that...

no cheese...bro

never asked for it...but don't I deserve a fucking sticky !!! :D

lms2
09-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Kewl...

Mezro
09-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
no cheese...bro

never asked for it...but don't I deserve a fucking sticky !!! :D

Done:D

Mezro...any Army member that makes a commitment like that deserves a sticky...

sambo
09-20-2004, 07:26 PM
DLN - great work, great ink.... vote from me..

rustoffa
09-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Nice! That's a prime example of taste in tattoo selection....can't say I've ever seen the ALAE art done before.
:killer: :rockit:

scottydabodi
09-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Natra rocks, and this tattoo is the coolest thing I've seen since my little asian girl went home this morning... Awesome DLN!!! Keep Rockin' BRUTHA!!!!

Panamark
09-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Awesome Ink !! :D

Rock on DLN !! :)

Sounded like a cool tatoo parlour..

DavidLeeNatra
09-21-2004, 06:01 AM
btw...that was the original photoshop

Panamark
09-21-2004, 07:37 AM
They did a great job !

Leo VanNewhouse
09-21-2004, 07:37 AM
Nice ink dude!!! Roth on!!!!!!! :cool:

Mezro
09-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Natra rocks, and this tattoo is the coolest thing I've seen since my little asian girl went home this morning... Awesome DLN!!! Keep Rockin' BRUTHA!!!!

Hey scotty! You dipping Japanese, Chinese or Thai?

Mezro...Chinese for me at the moment...

Jano
09-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Nice ,very nice Bro!!!!

DaveTheSoulOfVH
09-21-2004, 05:12 PM
a tatoo couldn't be better than that...congratulations DLN

DAVE IS NUMBER #1 FOREVER

guwapo_rocker
09-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Hey scotty! You dipping Japanese, Chinese or Thai?

Mezro...Chinese for me at the moment...

Thought you said the Chinese were nasty Mez?:D

ssomesweetsugar
09-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Very cool tat!

Who else has VH/DLR related tats?
Lets see 'em!

Do we have any posted on this site?

guwapo_rocker
09-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by ssomesweetsugar
Very cool tat!

Who else has VH/DLR related tats?
Lets see 'em!

Do we have any posted on this site?

Hi Fab......

diamondsgirl
09-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Nice Ink! Looks just like the original.

Did he really say "Its Showtime"?? That's great!

DavidLeeNatra
09-22-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Did he really say "Its Showtime"?? That's great!

he did !!!

ssomesweetsugar
09-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Hi Fab......

Hi guwapo_rocker...
Who's Fab?

Rikk
09-22-2004, 06:16 PM
If you didn't know who FAB was, wouldn't you probably ask why someone is calling you "fab"? You seem to automatically know that FAB is a person.

If you're not FAB, tell us a bit about yourself.

ssomesweetsugar
09-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
If you didn't know who FAB was, wouldn't you probably ask why someone is calling you "fab"? You seem to automatically know that FAB is a person.

If you're not FAB, tell us a bit about yourself.

I'm Stacey from California, I've been on this site with this name (ONLY) from when it first started years ago. Ask Chris. I'm also a dlrml'er.

I have a web site that pretty much says who I am. Anyone interested is more than welcome to e-mail me if you'd like me to send you the link.

I hope this aleviates alot of the paranoia for everyone that I'm not who you think I am.

Anything else ya like to know?

Please don't ban meeeee. LOL
I frequent this site and love the Army!

ssomesweetsugar
09-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Oh yeah and to answer your Question...

I was going to ask what a FAB was...but after reading some of the posts, it didn't take me long to figure out it was a person he/she was referring to.

Davidsgrl
09-26-2004, 03:41 PM
I deceided to get a tattoo 18 years ago but waited for the right moment and the right idea (as far as you expect it to have it for your fucking lifetime)

so I asked my fellow soldiers of the army for two pics while I was on tour, made a photoshop and went to a tattoo-studio...

I didn't mention where I got my inspiration from at all but the guy who was supposed to do the tattoo (who was from brasil) looked at my picture smiled and said "hey, I know this, looks fucking cool"...again no mentioning from me where I got it from!

two days later was the time the tattoo was supposed to be made and I had to wait in the studio for a moment. the guy came to me and said "it's showtime..." so I went to the chair and the guy dissappeared for a moment and when he came back there came a very familiar voice blasting from the speakers "are you ready for the new sensation !!!" ...and suddenly the whole place was going "hey...long time not listening to that album, great!!!"

that mofo from brasil and I were singing along the whole time and he could whistle every single note from the guitar solos...it was pure fun and the pain was totally forgotten...after two hours and a half I got the picture on my arm and here it is...

Sweeet!

Coyote
09-26-2004, 05:47 PM

Now THAT'S a tattoo! :)

DavidLeeNatra
09-28-2004, 10:42 AM
WTF !!! two and a half hours with the needle and all I got is four votes...that hurts... ;)

lms2
09-28-2004, 11:23 AM
I voted for you before you got the tatoo, but seriously, dude, if you would permanently scar your body for the sake of votes, you belong on this site...LOL

Switch84
09-28-2004, 02:44 PM
WTF !!! two and a half hours with the needle and all I got is four votes...that hurts... ;)

:p There. I just gave ya the 'Big 5'! Happy now?

LMMFAOBT!

DavidLeeNatra
09-28-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by lms2
I voted for you before you got the tatoo, but seriously, dude, if you would permanently scar your body for the sake of votes, you belong on this site...LOL

not really...but the attention whore in me screams "VOTE"... :D

GAR
09-28-2004, 05:11 PM
...after two hours and a half I got the picture on my arm and here it is...

if THAT'S all it took then I'll be getting my foreskin done up and down like a row of striped billiard balls. ALWAYS wanted to get that done..

http://66.40.221.146/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/crownambassador1.jpg

YEAHIMROTH!
09-30-2004, 12:34 PM
TWO WORDS TO DESCRIBE ROTH = WASHED UP. BUT, I DONT ACTUALLY THINK HE GIVES A **** ABOUT YOU NUBS SITTIN HERE ARGUIN ABOUT HIM , HONESTLY SO SAD . I LIKE CLASSIC VAN HALEN , BUT USE R TAKIN IT TOO EXTREMES , SORT OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD DIE FOR DLR , AND EDDIE WAS RIGHT, HE HAS A LIFE , UNLIKE U PIBS. GET A GRIP YOU WILL NEVER GET A GIRLFRIEND , BUT IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT SOME OF U DO , DO U PUT A DLR MASK ON HER WHEN HAVIN SEX?

ALinChainz
09-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by YEAHIMROTH!
DO U PUT A DLR MASK ON HER WHEN HAVIN SEX?

I bet your boyfriend does when he's doing you huh Einstein.

You don't like Classic VH or you wouldn't even dream of bashing Dave.

YEAHYOUREGAY

ALinChainz
09-30-2004, 05:40 PM
east word?

LMAO

Don't you mean "eastward"?

You're embarassing yourself, get an education.

Big Troubles
09-30-2004, 05:41 PM
"gotta get a G.E.D, if you wanna post with me..." :D

ALinChainz
09-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
"gotta get a G.E.D, if you wanna post with me..." :D

lol ... no shit ... help us out here ...

Big Troubles
09-30-2004, 05:46 PM
TWO WORDS TO DESCRIBE ROTH = WASHED UP. BUT, I DONT ACTUALLY THINK HE GIVES A **** ABOUT YOU NUBS SITTIN HERE ARGUIN ABOUT HIM , HONESTLY SO SAD . I LIKE CLASSIC VAN HALEN , BUT USE R TAKIN IT TOO EXTREMES , SORT OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD DIE FOR DLR , AND EDDIE WAS RIGHT, HE HAS A LIFE , UNLIKE U PIBS. GET A GRIP YOU WILL NEVER GET A GIRLFRIEND , BUT IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT SOME OF U DO , DO U PUT A DLR MASK ON HER WHEN HAVIN SEX?

Umm, lemme guess. First time at the computer? Are you wearing a cap? Putting a cap in someones ass? Did you put the cap on the toothpaste tube? favorite show Caps?

DavidLeeNatra
10-02-2004, 10:41 AM

hey dude...let me explain something for you...everyone of us has a life. and in one point of our lifes we happened to meet the one and only diamond david lee roth in some way...and our life changed for the better. I have a fantastic life and owe some of the inspiration I had and some of the turns I made to DLR.

DLR has a tattoo of huck finn on his leg...do you think mark twain cares about it? no...dave got a lot of inspiration from that book and gave credit to it. so that was my the reason for me to get my ink, too..."hey, you never know" is the way I live my life and thought it would be perfect for a tattoo...

I don't care that much if dave reads what we talk here...but this is a place were all the cool guys who never invited you to the party hang out from time to time and have fun...you came to piss on the parade...so ( to quote the diamond one) ...we keep being the parade while you are the urine...who's life is better?

Lady Cab Driver
10-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Great Tattoo, much more original than the typical VH logo. I apologize to those of you who have the logo. It's just that a tattoo is forever, lasts longer than most marriages. I know a guy walking around with Pearl Jam tattooed in the center of his chest. Can you imagine explaining that to a one night stand. hehehe

Catfish
10-05-2004, 04:54 PM
That's a very nice tat!

Too bad it's the worst fucking song on the album that wrecked Dave's career!

Cheers!

Catfish
10-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by ssomesweetsugar
I'm Stacey from California, I've been on this site with this name (ONLY) from when it first started years ago. Ask Chris. I'm also a dlrml'er.

I have a web site that pretty much says who I am. Anyone interested is more than welcome to e-mail me if you'd like me to send you the link.

I hope this aleviates alot of the paranoia for everyone that I'm not who you think I am.

Anything else ya like to know?

Please don't ban meeeee. LOL
I frequent this site and love the Army!

It's Fab.

DavidLeeNatra
10-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Catfish
That's a very nice tat!

Too bad it's the worst fucking song on the album that wrecked Dave's career!

Cheers!

I know I stand pretty alone with my opinion and the "dave-needs-to-put-out-an-ass-kicking-hard-rock-album-like-dlr-band"-fraction of the army will grill me for that...but I love YFLM and think it's pure dave and a great album...

Catfish
10-06-2004, 01:49 PM
I won't argue. YFLM was a fine record.

And although I dig the lyrics to that song, I still think it was a mistake. I mean, what's this Travis Tritt shit?

Anyway, you say the title sums up the way you live so that's pretty cool to me!

NOT Guilty
10-06-2004, 03:20 PM
It's Fab.

Geeze Catfish, there is no fooling you baby!

Rikk
10-08-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by NOT Guilty
Geeze Catfish, there is no fooling you baby!

DavidLeeNatra
10-08-2004, 12:13 PM
I won't argue. YFLM was a fine record.

And although I dig the lyrics to that song, I still think it was a mistake. I mean, what's this Travis Tritt shit?

Anyway, you say the title sums up the way you live so that's pretty cool to me!

travis tritt was on "your cheatin heart cafe" ;)

JacktheRipper
10-16-2004, 11:09 PM
nice tatoo,i'm pretty sure im going to get a few in my life, Eagle,globe and Anchor, Motley crue Dr feelgood album, and a vh/dlr tatoo.
now i hav a qustion, who the hell is Fab?

Mr Grimsdale
11-02-2004, 03:52 PM
hello campers!

Reverberator
11-02-2004, 03:53 PM

bueno bob
11-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by JacktheRipper
nice tatoo,i'm pretty sure im going to get a few in my life, Eagle,globe and Anchor, Motley crue Dr feelgood album, and a vh/dlr tatoo.
now i hav a qustion, who the hell is Fab?

Nobody worth talking too much about. :)

Mr Grimsdale
11-02-2004, 04:03 PM
hello campers

bueno bob
11-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Enough with the fucking spam.

DavidLeeNatra
11-03-2004, 04:49 AM
hey grimgrom...thanx for honoring my thread... :-D

zink007
11-04-2004, 12:04 PM
what you talkin bout

Dave's PA Rental
11-13-2004, 11:46 AM
no action on this in over a week...bye bye sticky...

DavidLeeNatra
11-13-2004, 05:05 PM
no problem...was there long enough...thanks anyway :D