PDA

View Full Version : BOBW 363,583 as of Sept. 15

Thetruthbaby
09-20-2004, 12:46 PM
BOBW has soundscanned 363,583 units as of Sept 15. Source is metal-sludge. I'm now starting to wonder if this album will make it to 500,000 units soundscan. It went platinum but that is because of the double count for each unit. The proof is in the numbers. This "reunion" just isn't creating much excitement in the rock world. No matter how much spin the Hagar worshippers put on it.

RogueHorseman
09-20-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
The proof is in the numbers...

...and justice is served.

scottydabodi
09-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Yeah... well, it serves these douchebags right. They've fucked us, the fans, around so hard for so long that I'm surprised there was over 300,000 toads that bought that trash. After all the lies, and horrible mediocrity these dummies have put out, I can't believe that ANYONE (sheep included) would support them on SHEER PRINCIPLE!! Fuck them, and anyone who would support them... Hagar sympathizers should fuck off.

TongueNGroove
09-21-2004, 02:05 PM
I think that having over 500,000 units shipped of an album that is 95% old ass music that everyone has heard a million times and has been released on several other albums is pretty damn good.

I imagine that if VH releases a full album of new material it will have no problem going platinum.

Rikk
09-21-2004, 02:08 PM
It can't have gone platinum. Platinum is 1,000,000 units sold. Obviously, it would have to sell 500,000 copies to reach that.

I don't care what they call it. It's two CDs, but at a semi-reduced price. I consider it not even reaching gold (maybe if they want to count each unit as two, but why should they? shouldn't it be the amount of purchases?)...I think it's gold once it hits 500,000 units. And it can't even do that. Even VAN HALEN 3 reached that by this point.

Warham
09-21-2004, 02:19 PM
RIAA has already certified BOBW platinum, guys. There's no need to argue about it now. It was certified two weeks ago.

DLR'sCock
09-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Over 300,000 tasteless fools??? Hell there are way more than that...

Panamark
09-21-2004, 05:05 PM
And how many million did they sell with their last full album with Dave again ?

THis is VHIII part 2..

Or will VHIII part 2 be the new album they are supposedly
planning ??

If those three new songs are anything to go on. Bring it on,
once there is a full album of hagar tunes, and it bombs,
you just know the sisters wont blame themselves..

EXIT SAMMY !!! :)

Viking
09-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Face it - not many people want to shell out hard-earned money for a bunch of warmed over hash and three sub-par (even for Van Hagar) filler cuts.Ed always seems to take the path of self-fucking these days.

Thetruthbaby
09-21-2004, 07:49 PM
If Van Hagar release a new album I see no way in hell it even comes close to selling 1 million units soundscan. And the reason they certified this thing platinum is because obviously the record stores were of the belief (like VHagar) themselves that this "reunion" thing would be big. They were wrong, just like VHagar. If they record a new album of material I'd say they'd be looking at 750,000 units MAX (since it would be all original material). And that will not get them a platinum album after record stores have so many copies of BOBW sitting on shelves unsold. There are plenty of bands that sell over 700,000 units that don't get platinum certifications. It all depends on the record stores and what they think it will do as to how many they buy from distributors. After this tour and failure of BOBW to hold ground, they will not make the same mistake twice in a row. Don't count on a new VHagar album going platinum. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it had to limp to 500,000 just like the new set.

RogueHorseman
09-21-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
...Don't count on a new VHagar album going platinum.

I'm still saying don't count on a new Van Hagar disc, period. Its just the usual shill BS out of Al.

Oh, and shipped does not equal sold, as evidenced with BOBW. I've always heard that VHIII never sold gold, either... that it only shipped gold initially with hundreds of thousands returned/comped/cut out.