PDA

View Full Version : Old Eddie Interview

EDDIEVRULZ
09-21-2004, 11:24 PM
well, i was taking a shit earlier tonight and was reading an interview eddie did back in jan of 97 gor "guitar" magazine. actually, it was more like an editorial. anyway, considering how the band tries to forget classic van halen existed, i thought this was funny. he was talking about when sam left when the "best of" album was going on.

"sam was totally against the best of, period. he didnt want a roth cd and a sammy cd. he was afraid roth's would outsell him, so we made it one cd, half and half. then he wanted more songs with him singing, and said 'i want more of my songs.' hey! he sang on the songs, but the band wrote them- they're not YOUR songs. sammy's the second wife who wanted to pretend like wife number one never existed, which i think was a major mistake on his part because he always refused to do any of the old van halen songs except a couple. it's like the second wife wanting no memory or saying 'dont mention her name, i dont want to hear about her!' but thats denying six great albums and a history."

funny how things change huh?

RogueHorseman
09-22-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by EDDIEVRULZ
well, i was taking a shit earlier tonight and was reading an interview eddie did back in jan of 97 gor "guitar" magazine. actually, it was more like an editorial. anyway, considering how the band tries to forget classic van halen existed, i thought this was funny. he was talking about when sam left when the "best of" album was going on.

"sam was totally against the best of, period. he didnt want a roth cd and a sammy cd. he was afraid roth's would outsell him, so we made it one cd, half and half. then he wanted more songs with him singing, and said 'i want more of my songs.' hey! he sang on the songs, but the band wrote them- they're not YOUR songs. sammy's the second wife who wanted to pretend like wife number one never existed, which i think was a major mistake on his part because he always refused to do any of the old van halen songs except a couple. it's like the second wife wanting no memory or saying 'dont mention her name, i dont want to hear about her!' but thats denying six great albums and a history."

And also how the more they change, the more they stay the same...

Rikk
09-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Yeah...I even prefer that Ed to the even-more-psycho Ed of 2004.

Bad Muthafucker
09-22-2004, 11:23 AM
and they call senator john kerry a flip-flop????????

guwapo_rocker
09-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Well now we know who insisted on no pics or mention

of Dave on the recent release huh Spam?

Figs
09-22-2004, 11:27 AM
That seems very truthful. He would never say shit like that today though. Although I wounder why sam would care about 2 separate greatest hit cds. He would just talk about how his outsold Dave's anyway.

guwapo_rocker
09-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Spammy Gaybar
I'm not doing Best of Both Worlds unless you remove all
of the pictures of DLR and mention him as little as possible. And I want some of his songs sang live by me just to insult him more.
That's how it's gonna be or i'm quitting again and you'll
have to call Gary The Bone. Oh and we're not changing
the lyrics to Up For Breakfast, and I get to fuck Mikey up
the ass whenever I want.

Matt White
09-23-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by EDDIEVRULZ

"SAME AS IT EVER WAS!"
"SAME AS IT EVER WAS!"
"SAME AS IT EVER WAS!"

"You may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile!"

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!