PDA

View Full Version : I don't need a Van Halen tour

Rhynster
09-22-2004, 02:55 PM
It's true.

I've been reading posts about how the Van Hagar tour is an affront to Van Halen and how DLR should have been on tour instead of Sammy.

Well, yes.

But, honestly, I don't care.

Here's why...

All any of us REALLY wants is a new Van Halen record, with Dave.

OK, so Alex, and possibly Ed, hates Dave. They can't be in the same room together without someone breaking out in a menstruation cycle.

That's fine. Let Ed, Mike and Alex lay down tracks at 5150. Send the tapes to DLR and let him write lyrics and lay down the vocals by himself. Send the tapes back for background vocals and final editing.

Voila! It's a new Van Halen record that actually matters.

Rinse, repeat annually and enjoy the revenue stream.

Terry
09-22-2004, 11:18 PM
Disagree.

I want a new classic lineup Van Halen record AND a tour to support it.

All or nothing. No half-assed measures. No throwing out a few new, hastily written tunes on the tail end of a re-release of old material. 12 tracks minimum of new smoking classic tracks and performances that smack of PLENTY of rehearsal time put in.

Essentially, the antithesis of what Van Halen chose to do this year.

Frankly, I don't think Ed and Al could be bothered to operate any other way than they are now. To do otherwise would require............an effort.

BARE BONE
09-22-2004, 11:29 PM
I just want something new from Dave , fuck the sister's.

bueno bob
09-23-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by BARE BONE
I just want something new from Dave , fuck the sister's.

Fuckin' A!

Panamark
09-23-2004, 08:06 AM
This cant be the final chapter we are witnessing.

You just know it.......

Seshmeister
09-23-2004, 10:32 AM
As I remember I think Dokken did the remote album thing on 'Back for the Attack' whereby George Lynch wrote and recorded the music and sent it to Don Dokken to sing over because they hated each other so much.

Ended up with one of their best albums.

Matt White
09-23-2004, 02:08 PM
I don't expext to see DAVE back with the sisters anytine soon, if ever. Those two Van Hagar CUNTS can't put the bottle down long enough to realize they've WASTED the last 20 years making POWDER-PUFF BALLADS for 40+ year old housewives. FUCK 'EM!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

BARE BONE
09-23-2004, 06:20 PM
A vote for you Matt.

Matt White
09-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by BARE BONE
A vote for you Matt.

Thank you Sir. And a long overdue 5 star right back to 'ya.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Nitro Express
09-23-2004, 09:53 PM
I saw Van Halen many times when they were on top of their game and Dave was the quarterback. The band was actually at their best during their first three world tours. Anyone who say them in 1978 through 1980 knows this.

Rhynster
09-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
As I remember I think Dokken did the remote album thing on 'Back for the Attack' whereby George Lynch wrote and recorded the music and sent it to Don Dokken to sing over because they hated each other so much.

Ended up with one of their best albums.

I remember the same thing happened with Faith No More on "Angel Dust", which was better than "The Real Thing" IMHO.

Personally, I don't think you'll ever see Ed and Alex ever agree to spend any more time with Dave. The ridiculously short "reunion" is enough to remind them that it doesn't work.

But, if cash is king, and we all know it is, they can find a way to capitalize on Dave's draw. A "remote" album will do the trick.

As for touring together, you will never see it happen.

Though, wouldn't it be a kick to see them do a "remote" album and then tour individually to support it? Dave hires his own band to back him on a tour and VH hire Cherone to sing for them on the tour. Wouldn't that be a kick in pants?

CROWBAR
09-24-2004, 11:25 AM
I don't trust anythin' that bleeds fo five daze (and duzn't die) :D

Matt White
09-24-2004, 12:06 PM
There ain't no VAN HALEN without DAVID LEE ROTH. Simple. LEARN IT, KNOW IT, LIVE IT!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!