PDA

View Full Version : Live Without A Net Dvd......11,540

Thetruthbaby
09-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Live Without A Net (dvd) has soundscanned 11,540 units since release. Source is metal sludge. Another failure for VHagar.

55starfire
09-23-2004, 01:53 PM
there were probably more bootleg copies of the US festival sold than that!

Matt White
09-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Yeah, just what every VAN HALEN fan would want: "Here it is! The Begining of the END! See the once mighty band reduced to POWER BALLAD hucksters!!!!"

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

TongueNGroove
09-23-2004, 02:32 PM
What are you talking about "Failure" for? Jeez this thing has been out on VHS for 20 years! Do you really expect it to go platinum?? Hell I am suprised it has sold that many.

RogueHorseman
09-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
What are you talking about "Failure" for? Jeez this thing has been out on VHS for 20 years! Do you really expect it to go platinum?? Hell I am suprised it has sold that many.

Well, it IS a re-release with tons of promotion behind it... in other words, a failure.

DrGrafenberg
09-23-2004, 02:57 PM
At the time this video came out the bass player in my band had just split up with his girlfriend. I turned to him just before we were about to go on stage and said " hey mate tonight your playing, Live without Annette" he got the joke but wasn't to happy with me :p
True story!

TongueNGroove
09-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
Well, it IS a re-release with tons of promotion behind it... in other words, a failure.

Huh? Tons of promotion?? Where exactly is this promotion? I have yet to see anything about this DVD in any Media. The only reason I know about it is because of messageboards like this.

If it actually had something new added to it then it might have sold more, but it is the exact same thing as the VHS, just on a disc. I really don't see how many people would pay out the cash for that, unless they didn't have it on VHS in the first place.

fe_lung
09-23-2004, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TongueNGroove
[B]Huh? Tons of promotion?? Where exactly is this promotion? I have yet to see anything about this DVD in any Media. The only reason I know about it is because of messageboards like this.

Here in Virginia Best Buy did a huge centerpiece for it in their circular (almost as big as the one for Star Wars, if I remember right) and a discount on other VH cd's with purchase.... They tried to make a big deal out of it.

guwapo_rocker
09-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Wow a DVD of a concert from the worst tour in the history of Rock

'n' Roll, where do I line up to buy it??

Don Corleone
09-23-2004, 03:29 PM
When will they realise that there is no demand for Van Hagar, whether it be a DVD or new Album.

RogueHorseman
09-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Huh? Tons of promotion?? Where exactly is this promotion? I have yet to see anything about this DVD in any Media. The only reason I know about it is because of messageboards like this.

If it actually had something new added to it then it might have sold more, but it is the exact same thing as the VHS, just on a disc. I really don't see how many people would pay out the cash for that, unless they didn't have it on VHS in the first place.

Maybe you should get out from under that rock, Patrick...

Rikk
09-23-2004, 04:37 PM

What came first? The demand or the promotion?

This release is a joke. They haven't promoted it because it's not worth spending money on something that won't sell much anyway. Van Hagar sucks.

TongueNGroove
09-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Well it debuted at #4 on Billboard in it's first week.
http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/videos/musicvideos.jsp

And BTW I couldnt find any sales figures for the DVD, anyone have a link from a reputable site?

smaz
09-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
Well, it IS a re-release with tons of promotion behind it...

Live without a net.... Some kind of fishing DVD, no???

Fishing for what was once a great band??????

guwapo_rocker
09-23-2004, 06:34 PM

smaz
09-23-2004, 06:42 PM
Sammy Groupie??? One word too many............ More like Sammy.

RogueHorseman
09-23-2004, 07:04 PM
Well it debuted at #4 on Billboard in it's first week.

Wow... I'm... underwhelmed.

chefcraig
09-23-2004, 07:10 PM
I honestly don't see this as a failure for vanhagar...rather a sad victory for the legions of age deprived souls who have never had the option to see a true Van Halen show.

And I stress the word option.

Most of the basic "Samsonite" culture is simply too young (and this is in NO WAY a stab at younger Roth era fans, who quite frankly in my opinion show a maturity and presence of class in their collective preferance) and too gullible to actually acknowledge the simple fact that this is a shit cake, no matter what flavor the icing.

This was a rushed out hack job. Upon further inspection, one will note the processed sound (as in processed cheese) that is not true 5.1 sound.

I personally did not purchase this load of tripe...a bro at work did, and he himself was embarassed.

I've purchased VCR tapes at garage sales of old tv shows that were made with more loving attention to, by the recorder/seller.

If you truly need to add to your beer coaster collection that badly, please stop by the "Everything's A Dollar" store, save your money for important purchases such as beer and gasoline...

IMO
...craig

Matt White
09-23-2004, 09:58 PM
I'm sure that the SISTERS didn't expect alota excitement over the "5150: Sweat pants & Wife beaters tour film LWN". 40+ year old housewives had to spend their money on school clothing for the kids this month. Maybe their pussy-whipped hubbies will buy it for 'em for Valentines day. Then mop the floor!!!:lol:

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

scottydabodi
09-24-2004, 12:16 AM
Live without a Net..... words that make me PUKE when spoken in order. This a fucking TRAVESTY... the fact that this DVD even EXISTS is a denial of ALL things VanHalen stood for with DLR. I hope the sisters go choke on a COCK.
BTW:

Rikk
09-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Live without a Net..... words that make me PUKE when spoken in order. This a fucking TRAVESTY... the fact that this DVD even EXISTS is a denial of ALL things VanHalen stood for with DLR. I hope the sisters go choke on a COCK.
BTW:

Where you been, scotty? Haven't seen you around!

How's things?:)

scottydabodi
09-24-2004, 12:44 AM
I've been up to my ears in studio work, ain't had much time to myself... Good to be back!!! FUCK SAM!!

Rikk
09-24-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
I've been up to my ears in studio work, ain't had much time to myself... Good to be back!!! FUCK SAM!!

Who?

franksters
09-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Now that's what i call a great fuckin news!

fuck vanhagar

sambo
09-24-2004, 01:28 AM
Release a proper DVD of US Festival, it would outsell "Live Without A Singer" in a day..

bueno bob
09-24-2004, 01:50 AM
LWAN has already been seen by anybody who has any interest. There will probably be a few audiophiles out there who need to rush out and get it nestled right between their other music dvds...probably not too many, I'll guess.

Basically, it was a throwaway video when it was first released, and I really don't think 18 years has done it any favors.

kcmusician
09-24-2004, 01:57 AM
Well personally I think it has done fairly well for being so old, but I mean come on it's the 5150 tour it wasn't all that great in my view.... VH might do better if they release a disc from the current tour. Or even better, the 1984 tour.... I'd love to see that!

Shaun

Matt White
09-24-2004, 02:02 AM
I would LOVE to see Spam & the Hamburglers release a DVD from the "SHAM HALEN 2004: FLEECE THE SHEEP TOUR". We'd get a real accurate idea of how many SHEEP are still in the flock. It wouldn't crack 250,000. No FUCKING WAY!!!!!:lol:

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!!:fucku2: :fucku2: :fucku2: :fucku2: :fucku2:

bueno bob
09-24-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by kcmusician
VH might do better if they release a disc from the current tour... Or even better, the 1984 tour.... I'd love to see that!

1. They haven't been playing well enough consistently enough this tour to release anything to watch in your home. It'd be an embarassment and they know it....they're just hoping that, when you go to see them, you'll be so excited and get such a contact high from the rest of the crowd you won't notice that you've been ripped off until it's over...

2. A 1984 tour DVD will happen around the same time that the U.S. Govt rips the lid off of Area 51, sends out copies of all the paperwork to all major U.S. media outlets and starts charging $5.99 to go look at the pretty spaceship...can you hold your breath? :)

Halen High
09-24-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
Live Without A Net (dvd) has soundscanned 11,540 units since release. Source is metal sludge. Another failure for VHagar.

As if we needed anymore, this is further confirmation of the lack of interest in Van Hagar.

A DVD of the Oakland shows, or the US Festival would destroy this pathetic effort.

By Van Hagar standards, LWAN and the 5150 tour was as good as it got, and the Van Hagar fanatics know this. Yet even most of them could not be bothered buying it.

kcmusician
09-24-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
1. They haven't been playing well enough consistently enough this tour to release anything to watch in your home. It'd be an embarassment and they know it....

It's called an over dub.... Bands over dub to the video or cd for live stuff all the time. Infact, it's rare to have anything live unless it's a bootleg without any kind of over dub.... Take the FUCK DVD for example.... It was filmed over the course of two nights or so, and they spliced the footage, and most likely dubbed over fuck ups in the audio.

Shaun

Coyote
09-24-2004, 04:16 AM
If you think LWAN is a waste of retinas, I just found a VDIII live video on Kazaa. Two files, SVCD quality. So they claim... :D

kcmusician
09-24-2004, 04:22 AM
Well atleast with the VH III tour, they did mostly classic Dave songs.... Or atleast they did at my show. Gary did pretty good considering, I mean you can't really blame the guy for wanting to be in that band.... I mean if I could sing and was asked to join, you bet your ass I'd be up on stage.... And then you guys would all slam me. lol

Shaun

wontwait
09-25-2004, 12:55 AM
When do you guys expect DAve and Eddie to tour again, or do you just like to be pissed off until you die?

TongueNGroove
09-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Dave and Eddie will tour again when Hell freezes over or Dave Loses his huge ego. Yah, Like I said, when Hell freezes over.

Matt White
09-25-2004, 01:40 AM
Naw, when that dipsomaniac EVH finally dries out and realizes he's been putting out SHIT since 1986, then they'll talk.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

bueno bob
09-25-2004, 03:22 AM
Dave and Eddie will tour again when Hell freezes over or Dave Loses his huge ego. Yah, Like I said, when Hell freezes over.

Maybe when Ed relearns how to play guitar, dries up, Al actually recognizes that there IS such a thing as "The Truth" and uses it on occasion, and then the both of them sit down with Mike and realize that Van Hagar is FAILING on all boards and decide to do the right thing by actually paying Roth what they owe him, then calling him and making him an offer at least SLIGHTLY better than what Gene and Paul offered Ace and Peter, well, then, maybe they'll tour together.

Like you said, when Hell freezes over, sadly.

monkeythe
09-25-2004, 03:36 AM
I remember listening to this concert a few years later on either a Westwood 1 or King Biscuit broadcast and remember hearing at least 1 song that was not on the video (a remake of "wild Thing"). At least Van Hagar could have put this crap on the DVD. By the way, their version of the song sucked really bad, even worse than you would think.

bueno bob
09-25-2004, 03:42 AM
I remember it...good choice not to put it on the DVD, it was an awful rendition...poorly played for musicians at Van Halen's ability level, and of course, Hagar butchered that too.

kcmusician
09-25-2004, 03:45 AM
Dunno if Dave will get back with VH.... Even if they ask him, he might say no.... I mean, how many times has he been greased up by VH? But if we're lucky, they'll do it.

Shaun

fenway5150
09-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Did you guys know that, at the end of 5150 the song, someone throws up an Eat 'Em And Smile shirt at Hagar? Pretty funny shit.

blueturk
09-25-2004, 12:32 PM
I saw this thing a long time ago and all I really remember is the band walking around the stage together for fucking ever.It sucked!

RogueHorseman
09-25-2004, 01:43 PM
...or Dave Loses his huge ego.

Hi there Patrick.

Not much light up under that rock, huh?

Yes, if only he could be as *modest* as ole red...

Rikk
09-26-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by fenway5150
Did you guys know that, at the end of 5150 the song, someone throws up an Eat 'Em And Smile shirt at Hagar? Pretty funny shit.

LOL. I'm surprised the editors didn't catch that shit.

You'd think the record company would have encouraged the band NOT to insult Roth considering the record company was making money off both Van Hagar and Roth solo.

Panamark
09-26-2004, 06:32 AM
And this is suposedly Van Hagar at their best ???

Will somebdoy please put Van Hagar out of its misery !!!