• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sweet Irony
    She's the Woman
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Your History

When and where did you first stumble on the VH messageboard world?

The PD? Links?

The ARMY???

How did you get here, and WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???

...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....
  • guwapo_rocker

The Army was my first board and I have been loyal to this site.

I post about once a month at the links just to get some Roth on their

and get their knickers in knots.

Was a fan of the VHND until it turned into a piece of crap.

Comment

• David Van Via
      Sniper
      • Apr 2004

The only VH board I'm a member of is the Roth Army. It's been good to me and is full of lovely people.

I got here through typing in David Lee Roth on google and thought "the Roth Army sounds great". Turned out I was right.
      Rumour has it that Van Halen have continued in recent years with a new lead signer, but since there 1985 breakup, nobody involved has ever recaptured that spontaneous cheeseburger magic!

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The WB board & Slawterhhouse 1.0 (Which looked just like the WB board)

Summer 1996

Brought down the WB board when it became a propaganda outlet for VDIII, Stuck with Slawterhouse until the flourescent orange colors gave me a migraine.

Church of Cherone - An original member of the "congregation" even credited in the WebPastors' "thank you" sections, despite not being a Gary fan.

FORD Country - Launched my own site in the summer of 1999 driven with the hopes of a Van HALEN reunion - even though the Van Danniels lineup had not yet split up at that point. FORD Country was the place to be for a while - until the UBB generation of boards took over

VH Links - Birthplace of the Mighty EUAS. Credit where it's due - Brett had the best board around at the time of this debut. Certainly blew my pukey chatboard software away

Banned for hating the Lakers and speaking truth to sheep in 2003.

DLR Army - Moved over in the mighty EUAS migration and as long as the board's been functioning, I've been here

Brad $tark$' Pasture Dump: Banned 4 times for preaching truth to the wooly flock - And laughed my ass off as the board disintegrated without my presence

Von's Diamond Dave forums - Great home for all the Army exiles during that dark time, and still a damned fine board to this day, though I don't get there as much as I used to (election year demands I spend more time on political boards ya know.)

OK, there's the short version....
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• David Van Via
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          The WB board & Slawterhhouse 1.0 (Which looked just like the WB board)

Summer 1996

Brought down the WB board when it became a propaganda outlet for VDIII, Stuck with Slawterhouse until the flourescent orange colors gave me a migraine.

Church of Cherone - An original member of the "congregation" even credited in the WebPastors' "thank you" sections, despite not being a Gary fan.

FORD Country - Launched my own site in the summer of 1999 driven with the hopes of a Van HALEN reunion - even though the Van Danniels lineup had not yet split up at that point. FORD Country was the place to be for a while - until the UBB generation of boards took over

VH Links - Birthplace of the Mighty EUAS. Credit where it's due - Brett had the best board around at the time of this debut. Certainly blew my pukey chatboard software away

Banned for hating the Lakers and speaking truth to sheep in 2003.

DLR Army - Moved over in the mighty EUAS migration and as long as the board's been functioning, I've been here

Brad $tark$' Pasture Dump: Banned 4 times for preaching truth to the wooly flock - And laughed my ass off as the board disintegrated without my presence

Von's Diamond Dave forums - Great home for all the Army exiles during that dark time, and still a damned fine board to this day, though I don't get there as much as I used to (election year demands I spend more time on political boards ya know.)

OK, there's the short version....
          You've been around a bit haven't you sir!
          Rumour has it that Van Halen have continued in recent years with a new lead signer, but since there 1985 breakup, nobody involved has ever recaptured that spontaneous cheeseburger magic!

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE

Comment

• Susie Q
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

I was sitting up at 3am one night and said to myself..."hmm....I wonder what David Lee Roth is up to." Put in David Lee Roth and it put me over to the Slaughter house. I didn't see much that I liked there, but it had a link to here. I got on board and saw WARF posting, hitch™, Pojo, and a few others. Put in a post that said something about Lighting a freakin' candle when Roth came back in '96 only to be blown back out when the brothers did the dirty.

I believe I was the first chick that posted with any substance (I think there was one girl who posted a couple of times....), then YankeeRose followed me, and so on... It was good to get some girls posting on here.

Then when requested by hitch one day, I went over to the PD to say something on his behalf. Posted there about 20 times or so.

Then I also have been over to VH Freaks place www.classicvanhalen.com. Recently I joined over to Chelle's place have a handful of posts there too.

P.S. That Splooging Hamster is hilarious!

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
            ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Over four years ago, I signed on at Slawterhouse and the Army. Then, I went to the Links and hung out there for years. Met some very cool people over there and had a great time. Once this reunion was announced and the place became infested with overly exuberent Sam fans, I went to DDLR and then came back here too. Still go to both sites. Its cool seeing many Roth fans that I knew from the Links here and at DDLR.
              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

slawterhouse
                army
                "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Hi, I'm new here!

Comment

• Susie Q
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                    Hi, I'm new here!
                    I don't know what it is about you. It's kinda like I just wanna lick the side of your face. That's the urge I have right now. HAHAHA!!!
                    Nothing sexual, not in a bad way.... Just an odd thing.

Analyze that, can ya?:confused:

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                    ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• Sweet Irony
                      She's the Woman
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

You know what? This is INTERESTING!

Thank you guys, for your posts...this is VH board HISTORY as only a certain few can write it!!

BTW--I was sitting here with the kid, looking for VH ANYTHING and found the PD....back in....? whenever....a long time ago....
                      Connected to the Army via Panamark and havent looked back....funny how a toddlers obsession becomes a way of life for me....

And to think I talked to Dave and touched his thighs last year just because of THAT innocent beginning! lol!
                      ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Susie Q
                        Analyze that, can ya?:confused:
                        In the Freudian sense, I'd say it means in the mood for stimulation.

I do have a few coloring books.. as do you I suppose.

So lets' do you?

Comment

• Susie Q
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                          In the Freudian sense, I'd say it means in the mood for stimulation.

I do have a few coloring books.. as do you I suppose.

So lets' do you?
                          You got crayons?

~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• freak
                            Sniper
                            • May 2004

I lurked through the Pleasure Dome a few times but never posted.

The next three or four years were a blur

Then, out of boredom, I posted at DDLR.COM

Then, I started posting here after some unnamed psycho female started a bunch of crap there and filled it up with worthless, petty nonsense.

Recently started posting at tormentedvhfans. I'm probably going to be banned, though. I mean, another guy got thrown out just for discussing cheese and here I am talking to a jizz-filled hamster.

Anyway...That's my story.

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by freak
                              The next three or four years were a blur. Then, I ..started posting at tormentedvhfans. I'm probably going to be banned, though. I mean, another guy got thrown out just for discussing cheese and here I am talking to a jizz-filled hamster.
                              Anyway...That's my story.
                              ..aaaaaaand the CLASSIC quotables, they just keep on a'flowin in!

Comment

Working...