PDA

View Full Version : Any charitable work by Ed or Alex?

monkeythe
09-25-2004, 03:45 AM
In the past year, Dave has donated his time to becoming an EMT to save lives; and as much as I hate to say something nice about him, Sammy did a benefit concert for the 9/11 firefighter widows.

Have the VH sisters ever used their talents to help others or are they just exceptionally greedy people that care only about themselves. Think about it, with all the major charity concerts and albums made, I can not remember the sisters getting involved in anything. While some say that it is not charity if you let others know you did something, celebrities can use their fame to bring light to a charity and hopefully some donations from their fans.

kcmusician
09-25-2004, 03:49 AM
Weren't they involved in Farm Aid for something back in 1985? Ofcourse, that's just because Sammy was doing the show and he was their new singer.... Other than that, I can't remember hearing about them doing anything.... Oh wait, I read an interview of Eddie's in 1998 where he said he gave a homeless guy on the street all the cash in his pocket.

Shaun

Don Corleone
09-25-2004, 04:11 AM
This is the homeless guy he gave his spare change to:

kcmusician
09-25-2004, 04:42 AM
Nah, that homeless guy has a guitar.... He knows how to make money by fucking someone in the arse.

Shaun

John Holmes
09-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by kcmusician
Nah, that homeless guy has a guitar.... He knows how to make money by fucking someone in the arse.

Shaun

Hey, look at this painting...Don't this homeless guy's shoes look like Ed's 5150 ones? What about a caption like "Eddie in 20 years" for this picture?

http://utenti.quipo.it/itislanciano/racconti/barbone.jpg

freak
09-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by kcmusician
Weren't they involved in Farm Aid for something back in 1985? Ofcourse, that's just because Sammy was doing the show and he was their new singer.... Other than that, I can't remember hearing about them doing anything.... Oh wait, I read an interview of Eddie's in 1998 where he said he gave a homeless guy on the street all the cash in his pocket.

Shaun

What he didn't say was that he was buying the homeless guy's bottle of Mad Dog.

Panamark
09-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Is painting house numbers on curbs considered community service ??
(Those fuckers didnt do that for free either)

Switch84
09-25-2004, 09:25 AM
I hear he 'donated' alot of loot to the Heineken Foundation.....:p

nosuchluck
09-25-2004, 12:53 PM
don't think this really qualifies as charity work , but Ed contributed a lot to Jason Becker's cause, and got Becker's solo album 'Perspective' released by Warner bros.

freak
09-25-2004, 01:01 PM
I think they were being very charitable by not recording again after VHIII.

A Hagar-free decade.

That is one of the most beautiful gifts ever given to humanity.

Nitro Express
09-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Eddie sponsored his golf instructor so he could go pro. Eddie supports the LAPD Golf Tournament every year. The money raised goes to help families of police officers killed on duty. Jason Becker has very nice things to say about Eddie on his website. Apparently Ed has been a big help.

I haven't heard anything about Alex.

I know David Lee Roth is pretty generouse as far as supporting medical charities. Some hospital wing in So Cal is even named after Dave.

DOA316
09-25-2004, 04:05 PM
Off the top of my head.. Ed visited a nursing home of paraplegics when he heard someone represented themself as a manager for VH and promised Ed would visit. When Ed heard about it he went and visited, no media involved, no cameras but the local news did findout and ran the story. I am pretty sure during the Balance tour VH set a record for the most food collected for for the USA Harvest. I think VH matched whatever fans donated. Did an ALS benefit for JAson Becker, Jeff Porcaro Tribute Album, LAPD golf tourny, played with Sammy at the Bridges (whatever music school). I am sure there is more... :D

Rikk
09-26-2004, 01:30 AM
Yeah...they've been charitable. They've given a fat, Mexican-wannabe, tequila-wino a fucking job.

Matt White
09-26-2004, 01:34 AM
EVH & SHEMP have kept MIKEY and Spammy out of the soup kitchens for the past 20 years!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Rikk
09-26-2004, 01:40 AM
Mikey is the luckiest mullet-wearing freak on Earth. If it weren't for the brothers' continued lie of the last 20 years, he'd be currently hearing this every day:

"Anthony, please clean up the mess in Aisle 7."

kcmusician
09-28-2004, 05:12 AM
Mikey is pretty cool though, I don't think he cares who's singing for the band.... He seems more like the live hands on kind of guy.... I know he might be the "yes man" of the group, but atleast he's not a Dave basher.

By the way, just bought a vintage Kramer guitar from ebay tonight, pretty sweet.

Shaun