PDA

View Full Version : Dlr W/velvet Revolver

SNIPER
09-26-2004, 03:30 PM
That would have been bad ass if Dave was in Velvet revolver insted of that faggot Scott. when is dave gonna hook up with an allstar band with good tunes and kill the charts with a multi plat unit. I dont think the VH thing is very promising for Dave anymore. He needs to hook up with some modern talent and be creative with some new blood. Im waiting.

Golden AWe
09-26-2004, 04:08 PM
you don't have to post every bizarre idea of yours here...

bueno bob
09-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by SNIPER
That would have been bad ass if Dave was in Velvet revolver insted of that faggot Scott. when is dave gonna hook up with an allstar band with good tunes and kill the charts with a multi plat unit. I dont think the VH thing is very promising for Dave anymore. He needs to hook up with some modern talent and be creative with some new blood. Im waiting.

I haven't heard Velvet Revolver yet, so I can't say for certain, but from everything I've heard, they're good enough the way they are.

It's no news flash that VH doesn't look promising for Roth at this point...Van Halen doesn't look promising for anybody, really.

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with David's current band. They sound more like Van Halen than Van Halen does at this point...even better. Dave will do what Dave wants to do when Dave is ready to do it. Although I do agree with you, I'd like to see him write a really good rock record, take a good amount of time to make sure everything sounds good, then get some really good representation and management, a major label and hit the road.

However, I don't think multi-platinum success is going to be in his future. Dave's fanbase now are the tried-and-true dyed in the blue older fans, and I don't think, given the state of popular music these days, that he's going to be in direct competition with modern music in so far as radio time and video airplay is concerned.

Popular music in America today is pre-packaged for the masses, which mainly targets teenage mallrats who buy whatever eMpTV tells them to...generally speaking this is NOT Dave's audience.

But, whatever he does will be successful on his own merits, I'm sure.

SNIPER
09-26-2004, 04:35 PM
So what you are saying is that Dave is yeserdays news? Damn Yankies was a bunch of old nothings but they al least had a nice run with mass album sells and touring sellouts. Daves band is good now, yes but its a cover band playing old Halen shit. Time to move forward. Would like to see Dave play a set of his own shit, not a shadow of tunes that I would rather hear from a cd anyway.

SNIPER
09-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe

You dont have to post anything here, you fag!

kcmusician
09-26-2004, 04:37 PM
I agree.... I think Dave could hook up with some younger musicians and do a mix of new and old styles, and it would kick Van Halen off the map. I'd love to see Dave come back and take over the charts, but I can't really see him with Velvet Revolver ....

Dave isn't the type to join a band, he is the band and other people join him.

Shaun

SNIPER
09-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by kcmusician
I agree.... I think Dave could hook up with some younger musicians and do a mix of new and old styles, and it would kick Van Halen off the map. I'd love to see Dave come back and take over the charts, but I can't really see him with Velvet Revolver ....

Dave isn't the type to join a band, he is the band and other people join him.

Shaun

God damn, Now thats what Im talking about!

kcmusician
09-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Daves band is good now, yes but its a cover band playing old Halen shit. Time to move forward. Would like to see Dave play a set of his own shit, not a shadow of tunes that I would rather hear from a cd anyway.

That's what I'm thinking.... I think Dave needs to distance himself from Van Halen, and be true to himself.... You can't re-create something like Van Halen with new members.... Look at Guns & Roses, I mean come on!

Dave should do his own thing, and it would rule. If Van Halen would ever wise up and get back with Dave then great, but if not we still would have Dave out on the front lines showing the rest of the world what Rock & Roll is all about!

Shaun

bueno bob
09-26-2004, 04:49 PM
So what you are saying is that Dave is yeserdays news?

No. I'm just saying that the radio and MTV isn't going to push anything from him as much as they will a new album from Christina Aguilera or Jessica Simson.

Damn Yankees was a bunch of old nothings but they at least had a nice run with mass album sells and touring sellouts.

They were a new group that somebody decided to take a chance on, but Dave is Dave. Nothing's impossible, sure, I'd like to see it happen...but realistically, is it going to? I'd say it's not likely at best. More over, this is the age of downloading, and that's a reality, too. How many people are just going to download a song or two and call it a day rather than rushing out and spending $17.99 on a whole CD that they may not be certain about? I hate that myself, but it's a reality that's there and not going away.

Daves band is good now, yes but its a cover band playing old Halen shit. Time to move forward. Would like to see Dave play a set of his own shit, not a shadow of tunes that I would rather hear from a cd anyway.

Well, somebody has to do it. Van Halen certainly isn't going to play their old shit, or if they do, they won't do it correctly. I think David's sensitive to the wants and needs of the fans, and most of the fans want to hear David doing all the old Van Halen shit in a live setting since Van Halen certainly doesn't care what it's fans want.

He doesn't have to stay stuck in the past in order to accomplish both goals. He can move forward with new stuff, but why does that have to come at the expense of the classic material we all know and (hopefully) love?

Would you go to see Black Sabbath (say, without Ozzy) if they only were concerned about their last three albums and said "Fuck it, let's not even play anything off of the first, oh, twelve albums or so because it's time to move forward"? No. Neither would anybody else, probably.

I see what you're saying, and trust me, I agree, but there's an even medium that should be respected between the classic material and whatever new he puts out, and although it's possible that a new album could sell 4,000,000,000,000,000 copies (ANYTHING'S possible), I just don't think it's really feasible in this day and age.

Golden AWe
09-26-2004, 04:51 PM

shut up you moron...

Your idea for this thread is completely insane. Dave could have never wound up with VR, and never will.
He IS currently hooked up with younger musicians all the time but has some other interests too.

Besides, this "Dave need to stop this VH thing and be creative" has been posted like 15789 times already.

Well, this is no news, idiots lacking personality and own ideas, just like you, fill the main with useless bullshit like this all the time anyway.

WOAHYEAH
09-26-2004, 07:02 PM
VR is nowhere near Roth's sound/tune in my opinion

tobinentinc
09-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Dave kicks ass, whether he's with his band now, or a bunch of all stars.

Rikk
09-26-2004, 11:07 PM

DIAPER, GET THE FUCK BACK IN THE PEN, YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT!! Leave my buddy Golden alone and go clean out your poopy-pants.

BTW, Scott Weiland is super fucking talented. STP was maybe the best band of the last ten or so years, and Damn Yankees suck!

You, DIAPER, are a moron.:D

Rikk
09-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Well, this is no news, idiots lacking personality and own ideas, just like you, fill the main with useless bullshit like this all the time anyway.

Amen, Golden. DIAPER is a tool.

Nitro Express
09-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Dave is doing the right thing now. Taking a little break but still doing some shows. Being a volunteer EMT. Taking some acting lessions.

Dave is doing different things. Dave will always be tied to Van Halen because without Dave there would be no Van Halen. Taking Dave out of Van Halen is like taking Michael Jordon out of the Chicago Bulls. Nobody will ever top the legacy and it was never the same when the big guy left.

Matt White
09-27-2004, 12:33 AM
VELVET REVOLVER FUCKING ROCK!!!!:killer: :killer: :killer:
DAVE would have been a perfect fit.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

John Holmes
09-27-2004, 06:57 AM

Velvet Revolver suxx badly. They put out two, maybe three, fairly decent tunes in a whole album, all the rest is utter dross.

Panamark
09-27-2004, 07:52 AM
Dave should keep us guessing.

Predictability gets boring.

Dutch
09-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Dave having an album to crack the charts or get a thumbs by critics is still very much a possibility. Look at Johnny Cash. Amid the flood of contemporary country shlock, Cash, under the production guidance of Rick Rubin, released a series of albums that helped reinforce his icon status, garnered a new young fan base, impressive album sales, and critical acclaim.

Here are the ingredients Dave needs. Although "DLR Band" and "Daimond Dave" have admirable moments, Dave lacks direction. He desperately needs Rick Rubin. Rubin's track record speaks for itself. He also has an incredible understanding of the rock 'n' roll landscape and songs best suited for specific artists. There was once talk by Dave himself a while back that he was going to be meeting with Rubin. Hopefully this union will materialize one day.

Oodles of artists who've made an impact on rock in the past 10 years were influenced by Van Halen. An all-star contribution from the likes of Zakk Wylde, Dave Navarro, Slash, Dave Grohl, Flea, The Darkness and others would help inject the proper umph Dave needs.

EmpyreLounge44
09-27-2004, 03:39 PM
yeah im with you rikk...weiland is probably the best frontman in rock music today, well best if your name isn't Bono.

No matter what DLR does, he isn't going to get the support of MTV, just like Van Halen didn't on their latest tour this past summer and just like Velvet Revolver really isn't. A manager once told me that if a 12/13 yr old girl can't relate with your music you are dead in the water on MTV and popular radio these days.

working with rubin would be great but the first thing rubin really did with cash was update him and had him doing songs from depeche mode, NIN, Petty. It was like he killed the idea of what was Cash but left that grizzly ass voice

Dutch
09-27-2004, 05:43 PM
That's not entirely true regarding Rubin's approach to Cash. The songs spanned everything from standards to classic country to contemporary rock. He could easily do something similar with Roth: dredge up some interesting material through the decades and have some stripped-down "Could This Be Magic"-style numbers as well as revved-up rockers.

I do agree with your MTV assessment. But he could still make it on the charts.

BlimpyCHIMP™
09-27-2004, 09:55 PM
DLR NEEDS THE CASH

I THINK THIS IS A GRATE IDEER

DLRdelight!
09-28-2004, 12:57 AM
I dont think he would have been hot with velvet, but i do agree with the idea of hookin up with modern day ppl n kik ass

kcmusician
09-28-2004, 05:22 AM
I think all Dave needs is a good producer.... With the right producer in your corner, you can do anything you want!

Shaun

Leo VanNewhouse
09-28-2004, 06:38 AM
I don't believe DLR and VR would work out at all. It just doesn't fit together.

Big Troubles
09-28-2004, 07:40 AM

wtf is the matter with you idiots? If we all love Dave so much, then why do we want him in Velvet Revolver? Yipes!? I like VR the way they are. I also like Dave doing what Dave does. Maybe keep your little retarded ideas to yourself or for your shrink. Sticking Dave with "young or new blood" is a mistake. Daves a Picasso. You dont hang Picasso art in the dining part to a McDonalds. You place them in respectful places. Legacy is carved out too hap-hazardly these days. Dave looks down at VR- so why would he join them or any other new band?

Bill Lumbergh
09-28-2004, 12:16 PM
Damn Yankees. Damn Yankees? DAMN YANKEES?! That was one of the few bands gayer than Van Hagar............great to back your point up with Diaper. And fuck sales..........real rock acts dont sell records nowadays, so as long as Dave put's out shit that he and his hard core fans dig we'll be happy.

Switch84
09-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by BlimpyCHIMP™
DLR NEEDS THE CASH

I THINK THIS IS A GRATE IDEER

:rolleyes: :p Davy Baby is hardly broke, dude. He marches to the beat of his own drumming, and will do whatever he wants to do because he can. His spot in Rock history is set...he has nothing to prove to anyone.

Personally, I'd just like to see him in my apartment.....NAKED

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Golden AWe
09-29-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
wtf is the matter with you idiots? If we all love Dave so much, then why do we want him in Velvet Revolver? Yipes!? I like VR the way they are. I also like Dave doing what Dave does. Maybe keep your little retarded ideas to yourself or for your shrink. Sticking Dave with "young or new blood" is a mistake. Daves a Picasso. You dont hang Picasso art in the dining part to a McDonalds. You place them in respectful places. Legacy is carved out too hap-hazardly these days. Dave looks down at VR- so why would he join them or any other new band?

agreed.

EmpyreLounge44
09-29-2004, 03:00 PM
VR has the number 1 rock track right now...i doubt dlr looks down upon them when he was supposed to play some shows opening for them. thats pretty retarded logic

Golden AWe
09-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
VR has the number 1 rock track right now...i doubt dlr looks down upon them when he was supposed to play some shows opening for them. thats pretty retarded logic

i don't know why i have to explain this to you but "looking down to them" doesn't mean dave would dislike or disrespect VR in any way...it's just a totally different band and dave will never be in a bad like this.

bueno bob
09-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Is there someplace I can hear Velvet Revolver and make my own judgement about it? My old lady booted Kazaa off my computer, so I can't download nothing :(

I haven't heard them yet, but half of the people tell me they kick ass and the other half tell me they suck, I'd like to make my own decision and take it from there....

EmpyreLounge44
09-29-2004, 05:02 PM
i don't know why i have to explain this to you but "looking down to them" doesn't mean dave would dislike or disrespect VR in any way...it's just a totally different band and dave will never be in a bad like this.

see "looking down to them" means (to me) exactly what you said it didn't with more than a hint of superiority to it and unfortunetly i dont think DLR has the right anymore. He has the legacy but what has he done lately? not a slam but really the truth...what was his last #1 single? his last album to open #1? its a different time and age and i agree that he would never be in a band like VR, but dont go saying "looking down on them" since he would have been opening for them, not the other way around so in a way isnt it them looking down on him?

bob - go to http://www.velvetrevolver.net/ and check em out or buy their disc...its worth it

Big Troubles
09-30-2004, 03:16 PM
great, now you are judging Dave on his site, by the last number 1 hit he had??? I think you missed the point Jr. Dave joining VR would make as much sense as Robert Plant joining VR or hey, why not Mick Jagger? Doesn't make any sense does it? Dave "looks down" at VR, not disrespecting, but more of a "top of the rock n roll mountain" kind of a way. Its not how he acts, it's where us fans have put him. He's on top of the "front-man of rock n roll mountain", so why then, would he join a group, as great as they are, that are relatively new and haven't proven themselves to be around in the long haul? Dave, at this point will only join one band, and we all know who they are. Other than that, people call or join Dave. Peri-fuckin'-id. ;)

Bill Lumbergh
09-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Hey BT, not bad for a "Respect the Wind" loving, Pink spandex wearing, "Loverboy" fan! Did you vote for yourself in my polls?!

Bill Lumbergh
09-30-2004, 03:20 PM
I forgot to add "Lifetime" movie lover..........sorry about that..........

BigDaddyD
09-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Is there someplace I can hear Velvet Revolver and make my own judgement about it? My old lady booted Kazaa off my computer, so I can't download nothing :(

I haven't heard them yet, but half of the people tell me they kick ass and the other half tell me they suck, I'd like to make my own decision and take it from there....

Buy the disc if you want to hear them. They are one of the few music acts out now worth supporting with your $$$.

Big Troubles
09-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Hey BT, not bad for a "Respect the Wind" loving, Pink spandex wearing, "Loverboy" fan! Did you vote for yourself in my polls?!

you got a poll? ;) Loverboy aint all bad. Pink is a tough mans colour. and Respect the Wind was one of, if not, THE best non Dave era VH song Ive ever heard. :D now go get AFU. (all fired up)

Hecubus
09-30-2004, 10:47 PM

LMAO!!!

Good one, bro. Good one!!

SNIPER
10-03-2004, 03:08 PM
shut up you moron...

Your idea for this thread is completely insane. Dave could have never wound up with VR, and never will.
He IS currently hooked up with younger musicians all the time but has some other interests too.

Besides, this "Dave need to stop this VH thing and be creative" has been posted like 15789 times already.

Why dont you go cut your wrist you useless pile of shit. Some people are not on here 24/7 you dumb fucking no life motherfucker.

SNIPER
10-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
DIAPER, GET THE FUCK BACK IN THE PEN, YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT!! Leave my buddy Golden alone and go clean out your poopy-pants.

BTW, Scott Weiland is super fucking talented. STP was maybe the best band of the last ten or so years, and Damn Yankees suck!

You, DIAPER, are a moron.:D
ditto. you no life fag! you are clueless.

SNIPER
10-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
VELVET REVOLVER FUCKING ROCK!!!!:killer: :killer: :killer:
DAVE would have been a perfect fit.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!
that is fucking correct. thank you.

Rikk
10-03-2004, 04:12 PM
ditto. you no life fag! you are clueless.

Kinda hard to tell someone that he's clueless when you think "you no life" is a proper sentence. Huh?:D :rolleyes:

scorpioboy33
10-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Kinda hard to tell someone that he's clueless when you think "you no life" is a proper sentence. Huh?:D :rolleyes:
Hey Rikk...

badhorsie
10-03-2004, 04:27 PM
I couldnt imagine DLR singing on top of VR's music.

It doesnt seem like it would fit musically.

tydhurst
10-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Scott Weiland dances funny.

Wierd Duckarse man!

David Van Via
10-04-2004, 11:00 AM
What ever could you mean?

Matt White
10-04-2004, 11:24 AM
VELVET REVOLVER returning to DETROIT!!!!FUCK YEAH!!!!!
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/08003936AAF99C2B?brand=&artistid=915564&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Golden AWe
10-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Why dont you go cut your wrist you useless pile of shit. Some people are not on here 24/7 you dumb fucking no life motherfucker.

hahaha! you pathetic little wiener.

no, i wont, i happen to need those wrists in my daily job and my studies. you should know it's unhealthy. i guess you skipped that section at the school library.