• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Troops angry over no-hookers plan

Troops angry over no-hookers plan

RHEIN-MAIN AIR BASE, Germany, Sept. 27 (UPI) -- U.S. troops stationed in Germany are upset over plans to change the Uniform Code of Military Justice to make paying for sex a punishable offense.

In Germany, unlike other areas of the world where U.S. troops are stationed, prostitution is legal and women who choose the world's oldest profession are taxed like any other workers. They also are given regular health checks.

Pfc. Marty Conyers of the 464th Replacement Detachment on Rhein-Main told the European edition of Stars & Stripes changing the UCMJ would be unfair to troops.

"It would be different if it were some third-world country that had no jobs and no opportunity, and women were forced into it," Army Sgt. Adam Z. Pastor said. "It's a little bit pushy to enforce that law here."

Military wife Dana Molnar advises defense officials to stop fretting over troops's sex lives.

"It seems like we can spend our time worrying about more important things," she told the newspaper.

Copyright 2004 by United Press International.
    All rights reserved.
    Roth Army Militia
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Haha!

Comment

• worldbefree
      Roadie
      • Apr 2004

Whose bright idea was this, Rudy Guliani? He cleaned up NYC, now he's out to sanitize the rest of the world... LMAO.

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Great.... leave a deserter in charge of your military and watch him try to take all the sin out of it
        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• JCOOK

No pussy no peace!

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Man, the US always messes with host countries' ecomonies.
            gnaw on it

Comment

• Ally_Kat
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by worldbefree
              Whose bright idea was this, Rudy Guliani? He cleaned up NYC, now he's out to sanitize the rest of the world... LMAO.
              LMAO! First Times Square, then...THE WORLD!
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Very strange things have been happening in the Military for quite some time now...

Very interesting, recruitment is down, so let's crank down on tatoos and prostitutes! It doesn't make sense really.

Guys, believe me, I have tons of faith in our military commanders to carry out any military mission that comes their way. But I've got to tell you, this "ticket punching" mentality driven by the PC crowd has gotten way out of hand. Commanders are literally scared to death of public attention created by such "indiscretions" committed by even junior enlisted. In today's military, you can literally be the next Douglas MacArthur in respect to war doctrine, but if you don't meet your quarterly CFC goals, your career will come to a grinding halt. If you have one more DUI in your unit than the next, you're days are numbered. It's a very sad state of affairs if you ask me. Political correctness has infiltrated our military to an unhealthy level. It's been growing for years. I could mention that the mentality blossomed under Clinton (and it would be an accurate statement)... But considering that it remains under the Bush admin distresses me. I understand why Rumsfeld isn't throwing caution to the wind in these matters, but I still don't like it. I believe in the notion of truth over politics.

Now, I'm not advocating prostitution by any means. I mean, why pay for it when pussy's free?... But seriously, we've got much bigger issues to deal with than tatoos below the shirt-sleeve, and where Private Piles gets his piece of ass. This hyper-sensitivity to public criticism is counter-productive to our military's main mission. I hate what's happening to our forces. I hate what's happened. Unfortunately it's a by product of tired leadership in a politically charged environment. Unfortunately, I understand why they're doing it, but wish someone would stand up none the less.

But given our period of 24/7 liberal news coverage, highlighting how abusive our military men and women are, who can blame the military leadership for the crackdown? I mean, they've literally got much more important issues to tend to. And the liberal press' prying into insignificant side issues simply to influence political elections only hinders the accomplishment of their primary mission. Winning the war on terrorism. So, they've alleviated the problem by an unneccessary crackdown on petty "indiscretions". And I still hate it. I hate that they have to do it. I hate that whenever someone calls bullshit bullshit, their careers are over. I hate the fact that beyond LtCol, politics drives decision making as much as winning wars. It plant's it's seeds with LtCol, it grows a bit with Col. By Brigadier General, if you don't play the game, you retire. The next three ranks are entirely political.

Now, I want to make sure you all understand that none of this is critical in any way of our senior officers ability to wage battle. The officers who excel in this respect are found out prior to commanding their first squadron (LtCol, typically). It's just that politics are a overtly destructive threat to national security when it infiltrates our senior military leadership to the degree it has. I was excited when Tommy Franks was elevated the way he was. He's as straight a shooter as anyone I've seen in command positions. But we've still got a ways to go. Maybe I'm being a little impatient... I don't know. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day... But damn, this political correctness really needs to be put in check. When I hear about shit like this, it makes me realize we've still got a ways to go to undo the damage political correctness has done to our miltary forces.
                Last edited by John Ashcroft; 09-28-2004, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                  Political correctness has infiltrated our military to an unhealthy level. It's been growing for years. I could mention that the mentality blossomed under Clinton (and it would be an accurate statement)... But considering that it remains under the Bush admin distresses me. I understand why Rumsfeld isn't throwing caution to the wind in these matters, but I still don't like it. I believe in the notion of truth over politics.
                  I agree with you JA. PCness and killing do not go hand in hand. There are too many liberal pansies having a say in how the military is run and it's counter-productive. And it did blossom in the 90s.
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• Mezro
                    Full Member Status

• May 2004

If the troops want to let off some steam with thick German hookers then let them.

Hello fraulein...here is some cream!

Mezro...don't force them to pistol whip their MRE's...
                    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

Working...