PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen in Australia? - Article

sambo
09-28-2004, 10:47 PM
Van Halen Are Hot For Australia

Van Halen's current American tour ends on October 2 and the big question is what are their plans for the rest of the world.

"It's funny that you mention that because we were talking about what are we going to do next and the powers that help us be will all figure that out in the next couple of months" Sammy Hagar tells Undercover News. "We'd love to come down if we have a chance to do it."

"When you leave this country with a band the calibre of this, it is not like we can go "hey lets just go to Australia to play'. The promoter has to invite" Alex Van Halen says. "The promoters in Australia want to start telling the fans to rally up and hopefully they will invite us over there to play".

The Van Halen reunion coincides with the release of their Best of Both Worlds compilation album. On of the key songs from the record that didn't make their last Best Of album is the David Lee Roth sung 'Hot For Teacher. "Ed and I were big fans of UK music and Alan Holdswoth, King Crimson, Bill Bruford and that whole lot" Alex says. "One morning, Ed and I went in with a couple of six packs and that's what happened. We weren't really thinking. We just played a particular piece of music Ed had it in two or three takes, that was it. We kept it. I wish there was more depth to it but the reality is when you don't think, that is when your true self comes out. That is a good glimpse of what goes on in my head".

Sammy adds "Hot For Teacher, my comment about that…before I was in Van Halen I always looked at them as competition. I didn't like Dave. I never thought about being in the band. By 1984, when I heard Hot For Teacher, when I heard Alex kick that drum thing up, it pissed me off it was so good. It was kicking ass. I was jealous. That drum intro is unbelievable. The whole song is kicking ass, it is ripping. That drum intro is killing".

Van Halen hope to be in Australia early 2005 … if someone gets around to inviting them.

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/aug04/20040818_vanhalen.html Older article - mid-August, before current tour extension..
Sam and Alex...fck their egos shit me... I for one will not be attending... rumour has it Dave should touring Down Under before these guys anyway.

Panamark
09-29-2004, 02:53 AM
Go away, you are not welcome !!

I loved that article though, why ?? Only a few days left of the
Van Half-assed tour !!!

HOORAY !! :D

And they couldnt even average 10,000 !!! LMAO :D

sambo
09-29-2004, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by sambo
"When you leave this country with a band the calibre of this, it is not like we can go "hey lets just go to Australia to play'. The promoter has to invite" Alex Van Halen says. "The promoters in Australia want to start telling the fans to rally up and hopefully they will invite us over there to play".

".... a band the calibre of this" !!!!! What a arrogant asshole..what - the calibre of under 10,000 a night shows???

Note to Spam: Fck off, we don't want you!
Note to Alice: Shut the fck up and just play drums like you are supposed to do...