PDA

View Full Version : What has Eddie lost since '85

Bob_R
09-29-2004, 09:13 AM
His balls - I mean don't get me wrong he's still a great guitar player. But, since '85 he became pussified (is that a word! LOL). His group during the Roth tenure was all about sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Now, like Dave said it's about drinking milk, having a relationship, and driving a Nissan.

His wife.

Anything else?

Warham
09-29-2004, 09:16 AM
His sanity.

ThrillsNSpills
09-29-2004, 09:21 AM
The aggressive edge.

rustoffa
09-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Pride in outward appearance?

jacksmar
09-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Part of his toungue.

diamondsgirl
09-29-2004, 09:32 AM
Great thread, Mr. F.

Yup, Sammy pussy whipped him.

He's lost some fans, I'd say.

John Holmes
09-29-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
His balls - I mean don't get me wrong he's still a great guitar player. But, since '85 he became pussified (is that a word! LOL). His group during the Roth tenure was all about sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Now, like Dave said it's about drinking milk, having a relationship, and driving a Nissan.

His wife.

Anything else?

I think you laid the problem the wrong way. The correct question would be "What's still left in Eddie since Dave left?" And the answer would be "Nothing worth to mention".

Matt White
09-29-2004, 09:47 AM
What has EVH lost since 1985?

CREDIBILITY: both musically & personally.
Not to mention 99% of his fan base.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

ThrillsNSpills
09-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Whatever he lost, he seemed to find it for a couple tunes on BOV 1.

Me Wise Magic and CGTSNM were stellar.

Matt White
09-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
Whatever he lost, he seemed to find it for a couple tunes on BOV 1.

Me Wise Magic and CGTSNM were stellar.

Yeah, put DAVID LEE ROTH near EVH and it's AMAZING what happens: THE GUY Actually HAS TO WORK!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Cathedral
09-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Everything, period...

Dutch
09-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Perhaps the greatest frontman in rock history.

diamondsgirl
09-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Dutch

True 'dat!

Bill Lumbergh
09-29-2004, 11:54 AM
I wonder if Val STILL keeps Ed's balls in that jar under her bed.........

ULTRAMAN VH
09-29-2004, 12:59 PM
Ed has lost his edge, sounds corney but he has lost The Eye of The Tiger. He is just going through the motions. I truly believe Dave could breathe some fire back into Ed's playing. MWM proved that. But Ed isn't calling the shots anymore. It's obvious Al is in the driver's seat for VH and he is running this once legendary band right into the ground. Neither Sam or Alex carry the charismatic
presence needed to rejuvenate VH. There is only
one man for that job and that is THE DIAMOND ONE.

BARE BONE
09-29-2004, 12:59 PM

badhorsie
09-29-2004, 01:34 PM
He lost that drive to prove something in his playing.

Splooge
09-29-2004, 01:43 PM
You mean besides his fakking mind?

rustoffa
09-29-2004, 01:46 PM
the keys to the bookmobile?

Matt White
09-29-2004, 02:00 PM
85% of his BRAIN CELLS?!?!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!:bananna: :bottle: :bananna: :lol:

Mezro
09-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Teeth

Anal Virginity

Relevance

Mezro...he lost my respect as a fan a long, long time ago...

bueno bob
09-29-2004, 04:10 PM
His hip...his tongue...his relevance in the music world...his fanbase, or a good portion thereof...his record label...album sales...audience attendance that registers above the radar...his wife...his sobriety...his self worth (you see that in his appearance)...his yearly "Guitarist of the Year" award from Guitar Magazine...air time on the radio...any voice in the band now that Alex runs everything...

DR CHIP
09-29-2004, 07:00 PM
the ability to remember and play unchained

ROTHandRoll
09-29-2004, 09:44 PM
1. Lost more weight and gave it to his son

2. lost his socks and the toe of his boot

3. lost his way around the fretboard (needs magic marker)

4. lost his nutsack and is now on Sammy's

DrMaddVibe
09-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Lost his guitar and replaced it with a Casio keyboard!

Terry
09-29-2004, 10:45 PM
More apropos would be to ask what has Ed lost since '96.

Dave bailed in 1985. Wasn't happy with the group. If Ed was a primary reason for Dave bailing, whatever. Considering the direction the music was taking in 1984, can't say I blame Dave for splitting. Ed got somebody else to sing (should have changed the name of the band, but that's another issue), and got on with his life.

1996 and all the years since have been wasted time. Ed's pissed away a lot of goodwill with his comments in the press and whittled his fan base away by putting out material that is just substandard rock music period, never mind how it compares to classic Van Halen. Van Halen 3 and the three new tracks are just weak by any standards. Never mind the financial opportunities blown.

Might have been one thing if the Van Halen's took a different tack in how they dealt with Roth in the press and treated their own classic legacy in general. Recording two tracks with Roth in 1996, then slamming the guy and saying he's all washed up, THEN releasing those tracks with a "washed up" guy singing them on a greatest hits album just smacks of utter, hypocritical bullshit.

Failing to put out some kind of a release that focuses on the classic era (we've had the displeasure of LIVE WITHOUT A NET [now out on DVD for fuck's sake], RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW on record and video......the Van Hagar era has been MORE than represented live, how 'bout giving us classic fans our fucking due!?) is just another slap in the face. And to say like Alex that there's nothing in the vaults worth putting out is yet ANOTHER example of bullshit.

Too many lies, too much booze, too many bad decisions all fused with a piss-poor attitude. Ed and Al have run this band into the ground. Hagar stinks, but Van Halen stunk just as bad when Cherone was on board. The Van Halen's have designated themselves to what they never wanted to be, a band cashing in on their past.

And you know what? They brought it all on themselves, so when I hear about Van Hagar 2004 playing to half-empty houses (even though they have a guaranteed rate) I gotta smile, because they're getting what they deserve.

Fuck 'em.

Matt White
09-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Dave bailed in 1985. Wasn't happy with the group. If Ed was a primary reason for Dave bailing, whatever. Considering the direction the music was taking in 1984, can't say I blame Dave for splitting. Ed got somebody else to sing (should have changed the name of the band, but that's another issue), and got on with his life.

1996 and all the years since have been wasted time. Ed's pissed away a lot of goodwill with his comments in the press and whittled his fan base away by putting out material that is just substandard rock music period, never mind how it compares to classic Van Halen. Van Halen 3 and the three new tracks are just weak by any standards. Never mind the financial opportunities blown.

Might have been one thing if the Van Halen's took a different tack in how they dealt with Roth in the press and treated their own classic legacy in general. Recording two tracks with Roth in 1996, then slamming the guy and saying he's all washed up, THEN releasing those tracks with a "washed up" guy singing them on a greatest hits album just smacks of utter, hypocritical bullshit.

Failing to put out some kind of a release that focuses on the classic era (we've had the displeasure of LIVE WITHOUT A NET [now out on DVD for fuck's sake], RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW on record and video......the Van Hagar era has been MORE than represented live, how 'bout giving us classic fans our fucking due!?) is just another slap in the face. And to say like Alex that there's nothing in the vaults worth putting out is yet ANOTHER example of bullshit.

Too many lies, too much booze, too many bad decisions all fused with a piss-poor attitude. Ed and Al have run this band into the ground. Hagar stinks, but Van Halen stunk just as bad when Cherone was on board. The Van Halen's have designated themselves to what they never wanted to be, a band cashing in on their past.

And you know what? They brought it all on themselves, so when I hear about Van Hagar 2004 playing to half-empty houses (even though they have a guaranteed rate) I gotta smile, because they're getting what they deserve.

Fuck 'em.

BRAVO!!! BRILLIANT!!!
I'd give 'ya another 5 star vote if I could brother.
Let the SHEEP SUCK ON THAT!!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!

Bob_R
09-29-2004, 11:06 PM

Fuck 'em.

EXCELLENT! I agree 100%

Check your votes.

kcmusician
09-30-2004, 05:50 AM
His hip?

Shaun

BIG GOOSE
09-30-2004, 06:53 AM

Fuck 'em.

Excellent post,my good man !!:) Worth 5 stars !!

Coyote
09-30-2004, 07:00 AM

Fuck 'em.

That pretty much sums it all up. Good one, Terry!:cool:

DlocRoth
09-30-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Pride in outward appearance?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH 5 stars! Bravo.

Nitro Express
10-03-2004, 02:25 AM
Van Halen is trying to cash in on the past but bury Dave. That's like trying to fuck with a limp dick.

Matt White
10-03-2004, 02:41 AM
"What has Eddie lost since '85?"

40 lbs & 75 IQ points!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Roth & Roll
10-03-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
"What has Eddie lost since '85?"

40 lbs & 75 IQ points!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

WARF
10-03-2004, 04:02 AM
Van Halen is NOTHING without David Lee Roth.

scottydabodi
10-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Ed... shit, what can I say that Terry, Matt, and WARF haven't said already? Oh, I know, how's this:

tydhurst
10-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Dutch

Amen to that Lad!:D

light 'em up!
10-04-2004, 02:57 PM
What has Eddie lost since '85

When Ed lost Dave he began to lose it all... Now he's an empty shell of a man.

Wayne L.
10-04-2004, 04:03 PM
I don't think Eddie has lost anything asan artist or rock legend because Van Halen is his band, will always be his band, no matter who the frontman is at the moment. I think some VH fans have lost their minds completely calling Van Halen an 80's band similiar to Motley Crue & Bon Jovi which is an insult when they're not.

CROWBAR
10-04-2004, 04:11 PM
absolutelyfuckingwaynelbutyouknowithinkyouneedtovi sitapodiatristbeforeyoucomebacktotherotharmybro

Kenya Dig?

CROWBAR
10-04-2004, 04:15 PM
oH yeaH,

naR naR! :D

Bob_R
10-04-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
I think some VH fans have lost their minds completely calling Van Halen an 80's band similiar to Motley Crue & Bon Jovi which is an insult when they're not.

I think you're an asshole who has been smelling to many peoples feet because that's what you get off on. :D

Van Halen with Sammy and Bon Jovi are the same band. Unlike you though I'm not slamming Bon Jovi. Just making a point. And telling it like it is.

I know next to nothing about Motley Crue never dug them at all.

Van Halen with Roth was on a par with Led Zeppelin.

Van Halen with Sammy is on a par with Journey.

scottydabodi
10-04-2004, 10:38 PM
I think you're an asshole who has been smelling to many peoples feet because that's what you get off on. :D

Van Halen with Sammy and Bon Jovi are the same band. Unlike you though I'm not slamming Bon Jovi. Just making a point. And telling it like it is.

Van Halen with Roth was on a par with Led Zeppelin.

Van Halen with Sammy is on a par with Journey.

Wayne does suck, bro, but Journey rocks harder than Van Hagar, I'll tell ya that much... and Neal SMOKES post-Roth Eddie, not to mention Perry kickin' Sammy's ass on Vocals... Come to think of it, Steve Smith is an incredible drummer too, and Ross Valory can play CIRCLES around Mikey... Shit, how about Van Hagar is on par with Michael Bolton.......

rustoffa
10-04-2004, 11:05 PM
:D
I wonder if sam sang "separate ways" at his re-hiring interview?
:lol: :monekyr: :gun:

Here we stand
Worlds apart, hearts broken in two, two, two
Sleepless nights
Losing ground
I'm reaching for you, you, you

Feelin' that it's gone
Can change your mind
If we can't go on
To survive the tide love divides

Someday love will find you
Break those chains that bind you
One night will remind you
How we touched
And went our separate ways
If he ever hurts you
True love won't desert you
You know I still love you
Though we touched
And went our separate ways

Troubled times
Caught between confusions and pain, pain, pain
Distant eyes
Promises we made were in vain, vain, vain

If you must go, I wish you love
You'll never walk alone
Take care my love
Miss you love

:monkey: :elvis:

Matt White
10-06-2004, 01:51 AM
BRAIN CELLS & DIGNITY.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

scottydabodi
10-06-2004, 09:43 PM
What Ed's REALLY lost since '85 is "IT". He's lost "IT". The "IT" that made him GREAT as opposed to mediocre. The "IT" that made him ROCK ASS instead of kiss ass. The "IT" that made VH Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know, instead of Boring, Pussy-Whipped, and Takin' it in the Pooper... I just thought it was wierd how I used Pussy-Whipped and Takin' it in the Pooper in the same sentence... I'm gonna go finish my fucken drink now, and just add that the "IT" I've been talking about is DLR.

Dave or the Fucking GRAVE, ASSHOLE!!!