PDA

View Full Version : BOBW sales going UP!

TongueNGroove
09-29-2004, 11:30 AM
BOBW bolts back up the chart this week to #60, from #81 last week. It sold 17348 copies, which was up 33%! Total sales are 393,907 to date.

Hmm, looks like things are looking up for a new Van Hagar CD.

Bob_R
09-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove

Yeah, maybe they'll include the 3 new songs from BOBW so they have to do less work. LOL!

bueno bob
09-29-2004, 01:49 PM

...Up shit creek, anyway, because Van Halen 3 has still outsold it.

Just a fluke, nothing to cream your jeans over.

RogueHorseman
09-29-2004, 01:53 PM
BOBW bolts back up the chart this week to #60, from #81 last week. It sold 17348 copies, which was up 33%! Total sales are 393,907 to date.

Zowsa! That *magical* 400,000 mark is within reach!!

Hahahahahahahah !!

What is with the wet spot on yer jea..... oh, Patrick! Did you have to... You are a sick little ****.

TongueNGroove
09-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Why do you keep calling me Patrick? Very odd.

C'mon guys, why do you hate it when VH does well? YOu should be happy, maybe they will hire DLR back eventually.

bueno bob
09-29-2004, 03:32 PM

C'mon guys, why do you hate it when VH does well? YOu should be happy, maybe they will hire DLR back eventually.

You're called "Patrick" because, like Patrick, you keep missing the point.

BOBW is NOT doing "well".

Van Halen 3 was a universal FAILURE - if it weren't a failure, Gary Cherone would still be fronting Van Halen and they'd probably be out touring their 4th album with him right now.

Do you see that happening?

Right now, Van Halen 3 has OUTSOLD Best of Both Worlds and, if the track pattern continues, even with this little boost, Van Halen 3 will still outsell it.

There is NO market for a Sammy Hagar fronted Van Halen and that's been established.

I don't really hate it when Van Halen does well. It's just that they're NOT doing well, the numbers are NOT lying, and no amount of spin will convince me otherwise, because I've SEEN the numbers and I actually KNOW how they play out based on Van Halen's history, and I actually DO understand a little bit about mathematics.

So what if it got a little boost? Realistically, it means nothing, other than that a few completists picked it up, people that MUST have everything with the names "Van" and "Halen" on it somewhere. And of those, there are VERY few. Why else would it be pushing to drop out of the top 100?

The only answers for these questions are self-evident: Van Halen is not succeeding with Sammy Hagar, and that gives me some joy because it all adds up to three little words:

Dave was right.

kcmusician
09-29-2004, 03:42 PM
Yeah, that is pretty sad considering how well the BOV1 did.... Oh well, from what I hear there will be a new studio album from Van Hagar.... Keep in mind that all other studio albums went number 1, so anything less than that will be considered a failure by Eddie and Alex.

Shaun

badhorsie
09-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Hmmm Theres not much of a market for older established rock bands in this day and age already.

Golden AWe
09-29-2004, 03:50 PM
woo-fuckin'-hoo

kcmusician
09-29-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by badhorsie
Hmmm Theres not much of a market for older established rock bands in this day and age already.

That may be true, but Bon Jovi's last album hit number 2 on the charts and that was their highest debut ever.... So even though it's rare, it can happen.... Besides, if VH did a new album with Roth it would probably do well, but then again people might just be tired of Van Halen regardless of who sings for them.

Shaun

bueno bob
09-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Well, there's generally SOME interest if the band in question has it's original line up...or at least it's most predominantly popular line up...Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles and Iron Maiden with Bruce Dickinson all did respectably well with their reunions, and I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of...

Of course, Van Halen doesn't have it's original lineup, nor it's most popular lineup, and that's going to be very detrimental to any success the new album gets.

Futhermore, I think honestly that Hagar's going to either bounce out of it or GET bounced, one or the other. For as much as he talks about recording a new album, he talks equally about NOT wanting to do a new album due to all the money they'll lose recording due to downloading.

Add that together with the fact that Hagar and Ed seem to be spending as much time away from each other as possible, and what you're left with is bad news...something's fishy...maybe Ed's seen the light and really does want David back and is just riding out this tour until its end...hope springs eternal...

badhorsie
09-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by kcmusician
That may be true, but Bon Jovi's last album hit number 2 on the charts and that was their highest debut ever.... So even though it's rare, it can happen.... Besides, if VH did a new album with Roth it would probably do well, but then again people might just be tired of Van Halen regardless of who sings for them.

Shaun

Sure there are exceptions but think about what Bon Jovi did to get onto the charts.

Work with outside writers
change their image
added new dimensions to their music

Pretty much the same concept with Aerosmith.

smaz
09-29-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
woo-fuckin'-hoo

Well said.

Bob_R
09-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Sure there are exceptions but think about what Bon Jovi did to get onto the charts.

change their image

Bon Jovi at least has the same singer they've always had and they've just done things the way they wanted too.

Van Halen (Roth era) went from being on par to Zeppelin to being on par with Journey (Sammy era).

First rate in caring for their fans and communicating with them. Don't compare Van Hagar to Bon Jovi though in reality they are exactly the same type of band musicwise. Pop. Top 40. Cheese.

But, I was referring to more human being wise. There's no comparison.

Panamark
09-29-2004, 05:59 PM
Get back to us when it has sold more units than the band's biggest
failure, VHIII.

TongueNGroove
09-29-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Get back to us when it has sold more units than the band's biggest
failure, VHIII.

Well considering this isnt a New Album, but is just a rehash of other songs that have been released a dozen other times I would say it has done better than VHIII.

Of course the 3 new tunes are pretty much the reson it has sold at all. If they released a full new album I am sure it would go double plat assuming it had atleast 2 decent songs on it.

P.S. BOBW has gone Platinum, VHIII didn't.

DLR_EngineRoom
09-29-2004, 06:14 PM

no surprise here.....everyone knows that shit floats....

Panamark
09-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Well considering this isnt a New Album, but is just a rehash of other songs that have been released a dozen other times I would say it has done better than VHIII.

Of course the 3 new tunes are pretty much the reson it has sold at all. If they released a full new album I am sure it would go double plat assuming it had atleast 2 decent songs on it.

P.S. BOBW has gone Platinum, VHIII didn't.

Please read my post *CAREFULLY*.

Get back to us when it has sold more units than the band's biggest failure, VHIII.

When more people have purchased this, than the band's biggest failure, then get back to us..

Sheesh....

kcmusician
09-30-2004, 03:57 AM

change their image

Well Bon Jovi started working with outside writers back in the 80's, I believe his name is Desmond Child. But they did change their music to more of a main stream sound.... That is something that I hope VH never does, but with this band God only knows.... And he ain't talking!

Shaun

spmusicplyr
10-02-2004, 05:17 AM

in a time wherer pop rules, its gonna be hard. 1995 was a long time ago..

Big Train
10-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Ok, let's get real.

The sales increase AIN'T that much and probably has more to do with WB bullshit than anything. Price cuts and false scans at weighted stores to pump up the sagging numbers are my educated guesses. WB is in DEEP shit right now internally and this was supposed to be a saving grace this quarter, which obviously it hasn't been. Watch next week, it will drop dramatically or hover about 15% less.

I don't know if you have noticed, but they are more MAINSTREAM and have been so since 1986. Learning to See has NOTHING to do with Panama or Everybody Wants Some...

VH is in deep shit and WB is in deep shit. Nothing is working right. They will end up on Sanctuary next time out. If you doubt it, consider this: Madonna, a core WB artist if there ever was one, is halfway through a deal to make her next few albums on Sanctuary. VH can't be far behind.

Blacklisted
10-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Okay I think we need to pull away from all the math and statistics for just a brief moment and look at what the fuck is really going on with BOBW.

First off the cd is a compilation of all the hits of DLR and Fagar, from a charts perspective. Now in reality anyone that listened to Van Halen would have either bought the original LP when it was released or picked it up on cd over the many years because they are true fans. Therefore no DLR fan is going to buy that shit album cause they are going to get a whole fucking cd of Sammy Hagar. Which I am positive no DLR fan wants.

Now for the Sammy cd... Nobody likes that fuckhead anyways so why would they waste their money on BOBW cause they have already wasted their money on a Van Hagar cd in the past to only be dissapointed once again.

Best of Both Worlds was a stupid idea because most Van Halen fans probably have the Greatest Hits vol. 1 for the new Roth songs. And if someone is stupid enough to buy for the new Sammy songs they should jump off the next cliff they see.

DLR fucking RULES!

Northern Girl
10-04-2004, 01:18 PM
BOBW bolts back up the chart this week to #60, from #81 last week. It sold 17348 copies, which was up 33%!

That's because Target had it discounted to about 11 bucks that week. Sure it will still sell some as the price drops, but people aren't rushing out to spend 20 bucks on it.

badhorsie
10-04-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by kcmusician
Well Bon Jovi started working with outside writers back in the 80's, I believe his name is Desmond Child. But they did change their music to more of a main stream sound.... That is something that I hope VH never does, but with this band God only knows.... And he ain't talking!

Shaun

Yeah Desmond Child has worked with them since Slippery When Wet or so...

He has worked with a ton of other people though....

Whenever his name is involved with a band it will mostly likely mean "big pile of shit'.

Northern Girl
10-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
no surprise here.....everyone knows that shit floats....

LOL. You're right, it is shit !! I was boycotting it. Hadn't even heard the 3 new songs until I ran into someone who had it a couple weeks ago. He asked me if I wanted it, because he thought it was shit too. I declined. I heard there was some technical problems with it, but I can't believe how bad it did sound. The last 4-5 songs on the 1st disc were unlistenable. Sounded like a scratchy old LP. Were they all like that or did he get the bottom of the shit barrell?

Matt White
10-04-2004, 01:54 PM
I recently heard all 3 new songs at a BORDERS. LAUGHED MY ASS OFF!!!! Imagine if EVH had 10 cds of similar SHIT!!!!! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!
GOOD WORK EVH YA STUPID FUCKING DRUNKEN DWARF!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Mezro
10-04-2004, 02:13 PM
The sales spike can be attributed to "trailer trash" doing their holiday shopping.

Mezro...white trash shop in early October because they are busy with seasonal jobs right through the holidays...

rustoffa
10-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
The sales spike can be attributed to "trailer trash" doing their holiday shopping.

Mezro...white trash shop in early October because they are busy with seasonal jobs right through the holidays...

LOL, and BIG LOTS bought two tractor trailer loads full. What a fake spike!

TongueNGroove
10-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Let me ask you this.

Who sold more, Van Halen with BOBW or DLR with Diamond Dave?

Who is packing in more people on tour, Van Halen with BOBW or DLR in Vegas?

Aight den, shaddup!

rustoffa
10-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Let me ask you this.

Who is packing?

Aight den, shaddup!

How the fuck should we know? Turn around and give 'em a gander fucko!

ALinChainz
10-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Packing ...?

They ain't packing dude ... I remember tours packing rock concert crowds ...

This isn't it.

Northern Girl
10-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Let me ask you this.

Aight den, shaddup!

Let me ask you this.

Who sold more, Van Halen with Dave or Van Halen with Sammy?

How many years ago was Dave in Vegas? How is that relevant to anything? Playing in Vegas is not a tour. Staying in one city and having people spend hundreds of dollars to come to you is an entirely different scenario. If you feel the need to compare at least do it intelligently.

Blacklisted
10-04-2004, 05:41 PM
At least Dave can sit in Vegas and know there are people coming to see him on a steady basis.

Where as Sammy and the rest of Van Hagar have to use up old material to suck what they can out of their fans. And if Sammy is so great why the fuck did they release a cd half of DLR. Cause they need the DLR to sell the fucking album.

DLR is the fucking SHIT!

and all you Fagar loving losers can fuck right off.

RogueHorseman
10-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
Let me ask you this.

Who sold more, Van Halen with Dave or Van Halen with Sammy?

How many years ago was Dave in Vegas? How is that relevant to anything? Playing in Vegas is not a tour. Staying in one city and having people spend hundreds of dollars to come to you is an entirely different scenario. If you feel the need to compare at least do it intelligently.

Bravo!

I present today's Tip Of The Ten Gallon Hat<sup>TM</sup> to none other than Northern Girl!!

Matt White
10-05-2004, 12:27 AM
I think we ALL know what Van Hagar is "packing" these days....it's referred to as "FUDGE".

FUCK YOU Van Hagar SHEEP!!!!

Northern Girl
10-05-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
Bravo!

I present today's Tip Of The Ten Gallon Hat<sup>TM</sup> to none other than Northern Girl!!

And a Flash of The Breast right back at ya Horseman ! ;)

tydhurst
10-05-2004, 10:14 AM
It was like, number 7 on the local charts here. but that's based on the sales of the only music shop in Orkney!

Splooge
10-05-2004, 10:32 AM
Which sold more, best of volume 1 with new Dave songs,

or best of both worlds with new fudge packer songs??

TongueNGroove
10-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Splooge
Which sold more, best of volume 1 with new Dave songs,

or best of both worlds with new fudge packer songs??

Well duh dude. Most of the songs on BOBW were already released on BoV1. I am suprised people keep buying the same songs over and over.

Catfish
10-05-2004, 12:50 PM

400,000 copies for the best of Van Halen is NOT what I call doing “well.”

For fuck’s sake, this band used to sell 4 or 5 MILLION per album. But what do we expect. The bar has been totally lowered for Van Halen. Mediocrity is now acceptable. Sad.

What a joke Van Halen has become. I hope Eddie fucking dies from the guilt stemming from what he’s done to that band. Fuck them!

Catfish
10-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Let me ask you this.

Aight den, shaddup!

You mean those TWO gigs he had in vegas in October and December of 1995.

Whatever, dick.

And, dumbfuck, half of the songs on BOBW are Dave's.

Putz.

Matt White
10-05-2004, 12:52 PM
EXACTLY Catfish!!! 5 star vote to 'ya!!!
Still kicking sand in their faces over at the links?!?

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Catfish
10-05-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm so sick of these goddamn sheep and Van Hagar fans. Fags, all of them.

Just go put on some fucking Journey or REO for Christ's sake...

Splooge
10-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Well duh dude. Most of the songs on BOBW were already released on BoV1. I am suprised people keep buying the same songs over and over.

Whatever cock breath......:rolleyes:

scubaa
10-07-2004, 11:55 AM
and how many cds has DLR sold this week..fuck all go stick it Van Halen rocks!

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 12:02 PM
David has sold 10,000 copies of his material on BOBW this week, you tool. Not only that, but David doesn't have anything new to promote either, fag boy.

Get back to the links, Sheep.

Matt White
10-07-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by scubaa

ONCE again SCROTUMSTEVE, Van Hagar SUCKS DOG BALLS!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar SHEEP!!!!

tydhurst
10-08-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by scubaa

How much anicent material has David Lee Roth tried to repromote with a Bullshit tour this week?
NONE!

How many new albums are Van Hagar touring in support of...

NONE!

I refuse to aknowledge Best of Both Worlds as an album.

Isn't it a tragedy that it's called the Best of Both worlds. Which means that the Hagar material is the BEST of it. Think of what the otehr shit must be like!