X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smaz
    Commando
    • Mar 2004

Reading Festival

Ok, this news is old now, but I don't think UK festivals are well known overseas? Anyway, this year The Rasmus and 50 cent were playing. The Rasmus are a very popular band and I thought they'd go down well (I didn't go). 50 cent was gonna get bottled from the word go.

RASMUS TAKE THE BRUNT
    OF THE BOTTLES
    Carling Weekend: Reading Festival

Main Stage

Sunday 29th August - 2.05pm

The Rasmus were forced to cut their Reading Main Stage set short after being pelted by a barrage of bottles and mud.

According to a spokesperson for the Finnish pop rockers, the band called it a day after bassist Eero was "hit in the eye".

The audience's onslaught followed a brief downpour of rain, which aided the culprits' mud pie making process to devastating effect.

Image won't work, so here's the link.......http://www.readingfestival.com/displ...=1071&URLID=34

And for 50 Cent:

50 CENT MAIN STAGE
    HEADLINE CUT SHORT
    Carling Weekend: Reading Festival

Main Stage

Sunday 29th August – 8.00pm

Despite being acknowledged and respected as an international hip hop superstar, 50 Cent both arrived and departed from the Reading Main Stage early this evening.

Pelted by plastic bottles and at one point even a camping chair, 50 and his backing band G-Unit responded at first by lobbing bottles back into the crowd. However, after only 25 minutes of their scheduled hour long set, 50 threw down his mike and left the stage.

With the exception of The Streets' mid-afternoon set, 50 Cent was the only non-rock act booked to appear on the Main Stage on this, the closing day of the festival.

Earlier in the day The Rasmus received a similar reaction from the crowd and left stage right just six minutes into their Main Stage set.

Those two 'bottled it'
    Last edited by smaz; 09-29-2004, 05:57 PM.
    Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..
Working...