PDA

View Full Version : van hagar review

tjvhou812
09-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Van Halen fans will probably argue the David Lee Roth/Sammy Hagar thing until the end of time. And both sides have valid points. But last night at American Airlines Center, Hagar proved that when he's fronting the band, it runs and sounds like a well-oiled machine.

But it didn't quite start that way.

The opening number, Jump, was a little off kilter as the band played along with the pre-recorded keyboard. After that though, it was smooth, hard-rock sailing.

A nearly sold-out arena greeted each hit song ecstatically as they ripped through Run Around, Poundcake and Top of the World, with Hagar standing atop a riser behind the stage in front of a giant video screen.

Van Halen has always been for the 15-year-old in all of us. Sexual innuendo and "partying" have colored their lyrics from Roth to Hagar.

Along with lyrical themes, extensive guitar and drum solos have always been a part of any Van Halen concert experience.

We got them all in abundance last night.

Eddie Van Halen, shirtless the entire show, looked fit and seemed to be enjoying himself, even if it appears at times like he couldn't quite hit the picking speeds he o_nce did. He noodled at his guitar between songs and took center stage each time a song called for a solo, which was o_n all of them.

Before Hagar did several solo numbers, including a sweet rendition of Where Eagles Fly and Tropic of Capricorn, he told the crowd, "This is gonna sound like bull---, but it's not. We've been o_n tour since June and some shows you really look forward to. Tonight is o_ne of them."

Bassist Michael Anthony and drummer Alex Van Halen each got a chance to shine with solos of their own, but the spotlight was clearly o_n Eddie and Sammy.

Hagar was in constant motion throughout the show, slapping high-fives, signing autographs and talking to fans near the stage. Eddie's 20-minute solo started slow and sounding a bit aimless as he touched o_n Van Halen classics such as Hot for Teacher, Cathedral and of course, Eruption. By the time he was deep into Eruption, the crowd was screaming its approval.

After the solo, the band tore through some of their best songs: Dreams, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love and Right Now, which were accompanied by vintage MTV video from the '90s along with some modern-day political images.

GRADE: A-

Note: By Stefan Stevenson

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

JCOOK
09-29-2004, 06:48 PM
****crickets chirping****

DR CHIP
09-29-2004, 06:56 PM
crickets throwing up.....

Matt White
09-29-2004, 07:21 PM
I got a review for EVERY show Van Hagar has ever played: SUCKS DOG BALLS!!!
Keep it pithy.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Splooge
09-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
Van Halen fans will probably argue the David Lee Roth/Sammy Hagar thing until the end of time. And both sides have valid points. But last night at American Airlines Center, Hagar proved that when he's fronting the band, it runs and sounds like a well-oiled Butt Plug.

The opening number, Jump, was a little off kilter as the band played along with the drunken EVH and the fat assed Sambo who looked like big fakkin' bird.

A not nearly sold-out arena greeted each hit song ecstatically as they ripped through the DLR era classics. The same can't be said for the Hagar era Farts!!

Van Halen has always been for the 15-year-old in all of us. Sexual innuendo and "partying" have colored their lyrics from Roth to Hagar.

Along with lyrical themes, extensive guitar and drum solos have always been a part of any Van Halen concert experience.

Eddie Van Halen, shirtless the entire show, and completely fakking drunk, played like shit!!

Hagar did several solo numbers, and many went for berer, others fell asleep, and some simply died of boredom!!

Bassist Michael Anthony and drummer Alex Van Halen each got a chance to shine with solos of their own, and both played like shit!!

Hagar was in constant motion throughout the show, slapping high-fives, signing autographs and fakking Mikey up the ass!

GRADE:D-

horty07
09-29-2004, 07:32 PM
I think he ment a well soiled machine, not a well oiled one. The only thing that is well oiled about this band is Spammy ass and shemps dick.

Blacklisted
09-29-2004, 08:39 PM
Okay I saw Van Hagar this summer and first off Sammy was dressed like a fucking momo. The highlights of the night were the DLR songs which on average were performed to the best of Hagar could. Which is SHIT. DLR wouldn't be pretending to box on stage like that fat fuck Spammy. Furthermore it tells you how concerned Sammy is with his ego (god knows why he has one) cause he is taking to the time to sign autographs while he should be playing a show. I dont know who would want that useless bastards autograph anyways. I figured why not see Van Hagar cause god knows I will never actually see Van Halen. Even though I sat through two hours of Hagar I thought Eddie would be cool to listen to on the guitar in which he fucked up a fair bit throughout the night.

Sure anyone that wants to see Van Hagar would give that a good rating for a show. The limited DLR tunes was the downfall of the night and after a few joints and a few beers I was becomings a little dissapointed with the show. Well not really the show but the fact that Sammy was on stage. And even if this was suppose to be a Van Halen show and it was clearly a Van Hagar show. What the fuck was with Sammy's solo shit. There is just too much ego in the band and everyone has to go out and pretend to be the be the big dick. Sammy solo was repulsing. he cant sing and certainly can't play the guitar. I am gonna quote Matt White here and say DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Cause Van Hagar was definitely not worth the 120 I spent on tickets.
If DLR was there I would have gladly spent 200 a ticket.

DLR fucking rules.

Bob_R
09-29-2004, 09:04 PM
A nearly sold-out arena

So, we're still stuck on about 5 sellouts for this Van Failin' tour huh?

scubaa
09-29-2004, 09:56 PM
AND THATS MANY MORE THAN DLR HAS AS HE HAS NOT HAD A SELLOUT IN OVER WHAT 20 YEARS ..OH YEAH THATS RIGHT JUST B4 HE GOT BOOTED OUT OF VAN HALEN AND THEN THE SELLOUTS CONTINUED AS WELL THE MAGIC OF VAN HALEN AVEC SAMMY! DLR RETIRE YOU ARE ALL WASHED UP

Panamark
09-29-2004, 10:37 PM
"Eddie Van Halen, shirtless the entire show, looked fit and seemed to be enjoying himself, even if it appears at times like he couldn't quite hit the picking speeds he once did."

So even in this, the most Pro Van Hagar review I have read yet, they
say that Ed sucks..

Isnt it funny how the Spamsters just accept sub standard halen without
a seconds thought ???

Bob_R
09-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by scubaa
AND THATS MANY MORE THAN DLR HAS AS HE HAS NOT HAD A SELLOUT IN OVER WHAT 20 YEARS ..OH YEAH THATS RIGHT JUST B4 HE GOT BOOTED OUT OF VAN HALEN AND THEN THE SELLOUTS CONTINUED AS WELL THE MAGIC OF VAN HALEN AVEC SAMMY! DLR RETIRE YOU ARE ALL WASHED UP

Shut the fuck up and go back to the Links with your alias scumbag!

sambo
09-29-2004, 11:47 PM

take CAPS LOCK off as well you stupid fuck... you come across as a two year old, everywhere I look there is your insolent dribble

...actually don't bother, just go away.

bueno bob
09-30-2004, 12:34 AM

Don't be gay, dude...don't be gay.

scubaa
09-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Just for the arshole no caps but at least i got your attention, go back to the big island and screw a kangaroo with your blond haired spandex wearing DLR

Blacklisted
09-30-2004, 09:41 AM
Just for the arshole no caps but at least i got your attention, go back to the big island and screw a kangaroo with your blond haired spandex wearing DLR

Dood, I think we all agree that you can fuck right off. I bet at the last Van Hagar show you had to suck Spammy off to get in and you didnt even go to the show. You cock smokin' Spammy loving slut.

DLR fucking rules.

scubaa
09-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Man you DLR army have a fetish with the male anatomy but thats OK we true Van Halen fans understand that you DLR guys are ALL FAGOTS sitting in the closet doing the circle jerk ,,,,,LOSERS ALL OF YA~

Blacklisted
09-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Man you DLR army have a fetish with the male anatomy but thats OK we true Van Halen fans understand that you DLR guys are ALL FAGOTS sitting in the closet doing the circle jerk ,,,,,LOSERS ALL OF YA~

And your fetish with kangaroos is what one would call normal?? First off sexuality really doesnt neccessarily reflect our opinions. We all know Van Halen rocked until it turned into Van Hagar. And if you want to bring sexuality into this entire discussion I bet you sit at home spankin' it to Spammy and Backstreet Boys videos you deranged fuck. Considering how defensive you got with my last comment I sense there is an element of truth in my statement correct?

Dont worry bud were in the new millenium its okay to come out of the closet.

I myself, much the like DLR love the women. Beautiful Girls baby, you got to love them.

DLR fucking rules.

rustoffa
09-30-2004, 09:58 AM

And you find comfort in the fact that your fathers sired you while jacked up on cheeseburgers and ass pirate tequila?

The son of a thousand fathers in capri pants and sandals? Anally invading your mothers rectums during intercourse, thus polluting the embryonic canal with feces that eventually grew into your brains?

Shut the fuck up.

http://img45.exs.cx/img45/5997/ngbbs3ca24cf991cb8.jpg

Matt White
09-30-2004, 10:13 AM
LOSERS ALL OF YA~

Are ya finished STEVE? Climb down off your soap box and take a hike back home to the VHSTINKS. Your comedy routine is as stale as a Van Hagar show. BORING!!!
Another feebleminded SHEEP trying to irrate the ARMY.
GO BACK HOME LACKEY.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKER!!!

:donkey:

scubaa
09-30-2004, 02:42 PM
You guys just all make me laugh at the comments , although some of you do seem to a have a small amount of intelligence, get back to the fact at hand Roth is NOT in the band nor will he ever, he could not do it in the 90's and wont in the 2000 years so give it up! as for the kangaroo comment thats all yours Women all the way , at least Roth got one thing straight.BUT HEY Sammy's wife is not to bad either.

Your comparisons to DLR VS HAGAR are confused hell if it were not for Sam letting DLR tag along on teh SAM AND DAVE tour Roth would be even less than what he is now..ALL of you should be praising Sammy !

Bill Lumbergh
09-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Yeah Dave has never sold out ANY shows since 84'........not sure who's sold out arena show I saw, it said DAVID LEE ROTH, but I smoked a lot of weed back then :rolleyes:

Blacklisted
09-30-2004, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by scubaa
[B] You guys just all make me laugh at the comments , although some of you do seem to a have a small amount of intelligence, get back to the fact at hand Roth is NOT in the band nor will he ever, he could not do it in the 90's and wont in the 2000 years so give it up!

When you speak of intelligence take a look at your writing. Clearly there is a lacking thereof.

Sammy did not carry Van Halen DLR left. They turned Van Halen into Van Hagar and you can't even compare the two because there is no contest. Van Halen is and will always be a million times better than Van Hagar. You are fighting a worthless cause because everyone knows it. There was the contest over the summer on the radio and pretty much every Van Halen song won over every Van Hagar song. You obviously cant compare the two because the people have spoken once again. Here in Ottawa it aired the actual contest in another city and had its own and Van Halen always won due to vote from listeners. Face it bud. You're beat.

DLR rules.

scubaa
09-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Well my typing or spelling is not something that i pay attention to here, i just type what i am thinking and voila. Dont get me all wrong DLR with VH has many great tunes hust as they do with Sammy. It is all what ones taste's are however here at the Roth Army you cant even voice an opinion without being attacked.

Long Live Van Halen all versions!! Greetings to Ottawa the best city in Canada!

ALinChainz
09-30-2004, 03:59 PM
You guys just all make me laugh at the comments , although some of you do seem to a have a small amount of intelligence, get back to the fact at hand Roth is NOT in the band nor will he ever, he could not do it in the 90's and wont in the 2000 years so give it up! as for the kangaroo comment thats all yours Women all the way , at least Roth got one thing straight.BUT HEY Sammy's wife is not to bad either.

Your comparisons to DLR VS HAGAR are confused hell if it were not for Sam letting DLR tag along on teh SAM AND DAVE tour Roth would be even less than what he is now..ALL of you should be praising Sammy !

Tuba,

You're at a Dave site, what do you expect the reaction to your bullshit will be here?

Would you be here if Sammy wasn't back in the band and the sisters did the smart thing by getting Dave and showing everyone what a real tour would be doing this year?

Didn't think so.

Blacklisted
09-30-2004, 04:06 PM
Yah man I know. I am just being a fucking ass. To each their own. However the DLR is still the shit lol.

But I honestly dont like Sammy personally. Like Mass tequila or whatever that terrible song is lol.

- Peace.

RogueHorseman
09-30-2004, 04:13 PM
...although some of you do seem to a have a small amount of intelligence...

Wow, what a nice thing to say. Quite astonishing too, coming from someone like you who rode the short bus home from "skool".

Did mommy have cookies and pretty, pretty Van Hagar songs waiting for her precious every day when "skool" was over?

Sometimes I wonder... Just how frickin' low can a mans testosterone level go. Never mind, I really don't need to know.

But, thanks for the compliment nonetheless. With so much stray MENSA level IQ oozing out of my nut hairs alone, it is little wonder you noticed.

scubaa
09-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Cookies were great your MOM rocked back in those days...lol

Cheers to the music and keep well all.

scubaa
09-30-2004, 05:02 PM
and yes i would be here even if Sammy was not in the band...if it weer Roth i would still see the concert either way it is all about VH

BARE BONE
09-30-2004, 05:21 PM
scubaa

BARE BONE
09-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Hey RogueHorseman scubaa couldn't of went to school because he can't read that it says DLR Army on top of the page. Duh me scubaa me like sammy he good.

ALinChainz
09-30-2004, 05:30 PM
and yes i would be here even if Sammy was not in the band...if it weer Roth i would still see the concert either way it is all about VH

This site isn't all about VH.

So if Dave WERE back in the band, you'd still be here bashing him?

Don't let the door hit you.

Warham
09-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Blacklisted
Okay I saw Van Hagar this summer and first off Sammy was dressed like a fucking momo.

A momo AND a homo!

:D

scubaa
09-30-2004, 06:26 PM
lol mo fo...

BIG GOOSE
10-01-2004, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by JCOOK
****crickets chirping****

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BIG GOOSE
10-01-2004, 03:33 AM
OK we true Van Halen fans

Well that's why you come here to mingle with TRUE VAN FUCKING HALEN FANS...... :killer:

jharp84
10-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Bottom line - the whole state of the current van halen(BOBW, Tour, Attitude, Setlist etc.) my two word review -
"SHIT SANDWHICH"

Blacklisted
10-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Not a mofo a momo. A momo is another way of calling someone extremely gay. Essentially thats Sammy Hagar, extremely gay or in other words a fucking momo.

Dave or the Grave.

Lou
10-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Hey tjvhou812...back in the PEN as far as I'm concerned. You violated your parole.

Dr. Love
10-03-2004, 12:55 PM
That's the show I saw. I didn't notice any screw-ups during Jump, but to be honest it started out kinda quiet. The show was nearly full, as far as I could tell. The audience moved around a lot, especially during the new songs and during Sammy's solo (when a lot of people sat down or went for beer/piss).

Other than that, all I can really say is that the crowd was incredibly loud, and it wasn't a good enough show for me to buy tickets to the San Antonio show that was three days later.

Of course, I'm sure all that makes Lou literally sick. ;)

Blacklisted
10-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Yah. Actually during the Sammy solo at the Toronto show I had to rush to the bathroom cause I was puking up my 10 dollar beers.

Terry
10-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Van Hagar is choad-choking music (the phrase "charmelss pud pounders" in Blender is an apt description of Van Hagar's entire catalog), and going strictly on the posts of sheep that have plagued this site, Van Hagar's audience is comprised of hair-metal lite lovers and wannabe guitar heroes stuck in their parents basement still trying to nail "Eruption" inbetween numerous daily auto-erotic orgasms to a 16 year old Kip Winger poster.

Have a nice day!

tjvhou812
10-04-2004, 08:45 PM
shut up

guwapo_rocker
10-04-2004, 08:59 PM
shut up

What's wrong, he nailed it didn't he.....

I think that mould in the basement has done something to your brain.

mountain1965
10-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Man you guys are angry.

BARE BONE
10-04-2004, 09:49 PM
and you mountain1965 are:

mountain1965
10-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by BARE BONE
and you mountain1965 are:

Dude you really shouldn't put kids pictures on the net, it ain't right.

DavidLeeNatra
10-04-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by mountain1965

dude, you really shouldn't BE on the net, it ain't right...

Bill Lumbergh
10-05-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Terry
Van Hagar is choad-choking music (the phrase "charmelss pud pounders" in Blender is an apt description of Van Hagar's entire catalog), and going strictly on the posts of sheep that have plagued this site, Van Hagar's audience is comprised of hair-metal lite lovers and wannabe guitar heroes stuck in their parents basement still trying to nail "Eruption" inbetween numerous daily auto-erotic orgasms to a 16 year old Kip Winger poster.

Have a nice day!

LMAO.........So fucking true bro, so fucking true.

Catfish
10-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Van Halen fans will probably argue the David Lee Roth/Sammy Hagar thing until the end of time. And both sides have valid points. But last night at American Airlines Center, Hagar proved that when he's fronting the band, it runs and sounds like a well-oiled machine.

The opening number, Jump, was a little off kilter as the band played along with the pre-recorded keyboard. After that though, it was smooth, hard-rock sailing.

A nearly sold-out arena greeted each hit song ecstatically as they ripped through Run Around, Poundcake and Top of the World, with Hagar standing atop a riser behind the stage in front of a giant video screen.

Eddie Van Halen, shirtless the entire show, looked fit and seemed to be enjoying himself, even if it appears at times like he couldn't quite hit the picking speeds he o_nce did. He noodled at his guitar between songs and took center stage each time a song called for a solo, which was o_n all of them.

Before Hagar did several solo numbers, including a sweet rendition of Where Eagles Fly and Tropic of Capricorn, he told the crowd, "This is gonna sound like bull---, but it's not. We've been o_n tour since June and some shows you really look forward to. Tonight is o_ne of them."

Bassist Michael Anthony and drummer Alex Van Halen each got a chance to shine with solos of their own, but the spotlight was clearly o_n Eddie and Sammy.

Hagar was in constant motion throughout the show, slapping high-fives, signing autographs and talking to fans near the stage. Eddie's 20-minute solo started slow and sounding a bit aimless as he touched o_n Van Halen classics such as Hot for Teacher, Cathedral and of course, Eruption. By the time he was deep into Eruption, the crowd was screaming its approval.

After the solo, the band tore through some of their best songs: Dreams, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love and Right Now, which were accompanied by vintage MTV video from the '90s along with some modern-day political images.

GRADE: A-

Fuck you!

BARE BONE
10-05-2004, 11:00 PM

mountain1965 you really are a

lms2
10-05-2004, 11:10 PM
:rolleyes:

rustoffa
10-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Man you guys are angry.

Weasel invited me to his birthday party last year. Turns out the only thing to do is play Dungeons & Dragons. I go, "Lame. Let's go do something outside." Weasel goes, "But we wanna play D&D." I go, "So what?" He goes, "But it's my birthday." And I go, "Oh yeah, I have a present for you." That's when I started the fire.

lms2
10-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Well that was nice of you. Then did you get to roast marshmallows or hot dogs or something?

rustoffa
10-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Actually, no.
I had to endure like 25 phone calls from detective McAsshole about some stupid ass laundry hamper blaze.

Good thing his mother smokes those virginia slims 200's.

rustoffa
10-05-2004, 11:55 PM
LMAO, that book kills me....some Jim Goad story I read.

:lol: