PDA

View Full Version : A Note About The Moline, Il Show

metalonmetal
09-29-2004, 07:40 PM
I saw a guy today with a van hagar shirt on and asked him what show he went to and he told me moline, il. i asked him how the show was and he said it was great and he enjoyed himself (lawdy da lawdy da). I asked him if there was a big crowd and he got kind of defensive and said the place only held 7,000 people and he was too stupid to understand i wanted to know how full it was. Anyway i told the guy I only liked Van Halen with roth and I told him i thought hagar was much better on his early solo cd's. At any rate the guy got kind of pissed at me when i told him most people wanted to see a roth reunion tour and he told me they brought hagar back because roth couldn't sing anymore and sammy still had the voice. I told him i had downloaded shows from the sammy/roth tour and roth sounded great but as i was walking away he was visibly upset and saying how much a better vocalsit hagar was. what a dumbass, it did make me feel good to piss off a van hagar fan i must admit. of course if i paid $30 for a concert shirt i would probably try to convince myself it was good too. i would have respected his opinion of the show being good but obviously he is of the sheep variety (listens to van halen say roth is washed up) and believes it as gospel. now that i think about he was a perfect van hagar fan, about 300 pounds, huge gut, gray hair and a beard that was fully grey, probably about 45 or so. :D

HELLVIS
09-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Hey, I'm 300 pounds, have grey hair, and am over 40. What gives?

Matt White
09-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Yeah, but you like WOMEN, have a job, HAVE kissed a girl, and DON'T live in a trailor. Couldn't be a SHEEP.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

TongueNGroove
09-29-2004, 11:37 PM
So basically what you are saying is, you are mad cause he thought the show rocked.

Matt White
09-29-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by metalonmetal
Anyway i told the guy I only liked Van Halen with roth and I told him i thought hagar was much better on his early solo cd's. At any rate the guy got kind of pissed at me when i told him most people wanted to see a roth reunion tour...as i was walking away he was visibly upset ...of course if i paid $30 for a concert shirt i would probably try to convince myself it was good too. i would have respected his opinion of the show being good but obviously he is of the sheep variety and believes it as gospel. now that i think about he was a perfect van hagar fan, about 300 pounds, huge gut, gray hair and a beard that was fully grey, probably about 45 or so. :D

Doesn't sound like anger, more like pity.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

bueno bob
09-30-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
So basically what you are saying is, you are mad cause he thought the show rocked.

Fags always think that Hagar rocks.

Why would that make any true Van Halen fan mad?

metalonmetal
09-30-2004, 05:18 PM
i wasn't mad at the guy because i always ask people how shows are that have a tshirt on of a band i know and i always give my opinion. i have done this 100 times and have told people i don't like certian bands anymore for various reasons and the people have always been cool enough to respect that and not get all defensive about it and most have a sense of humor about it. this hagar fan was just a total nitwit about it and was all touchy. and by the way i have a friend that is about 300 pounds but he is married with kids and is a huge roth fan so age and weight really make no difference. i jsut wanted to point out mostly the low iq of the normal hagar fan. ps: if this guy was cool and said he liked the show i would have had no problem with him. like i said in an earlier post of a show in st. louis someone trashed i report what i hear and am unbiased even though i hate van hagar. this guy liked the show but was a complete idiot. imagine that.

BARE BONE
09-30-2004, 05:33 PM
metalonmetal pay no attention to TongueNGroove he's a big Spammy "Sheep" Van Hagar fan.

metalonmetal
09-30-2004, 06:22 PM
david lee roth is the truth and the way and i will always support the real voice behind van halen. the first 6 van halen cd's and dave's solo music are a big part of my life and i listen to lots of death and black metal and metal in general but to me david lee roth is the greatest frontman in the history of rock or metal and he is true metal through and through. to me van halen-st is a pure heavy metal classic and one of the greatest cd's of all time and the other 5 were awesome as well. no offense but to me van hagar is the polar opposite of metal and is completely puss rock. praise heavy metal eternally and praise david lee roth eternally. to me heavy metal is pure attitude and no one has more attitude than david lee roth so to you that say van halen and roth are not metal that is your opinion but to me roth is the epitome of what metal is all about.