PDA

View Full Version : Gene Simmons Went Snorkeling w/ Hagar

Ga y Cherone
09-30-2004, 05:41 AM
Direct from Gene Simmons.com:

"But, none of the above has anything to do with the fact, whether you and I like it or not. The Hagar Van Halen became a much bigger band. Period. They became bigger only because people bought more of their concert tickets"

- Gene Simmons

kcmusician
09-30-2004, 05:49 AM
He may have said it, but we have to cut him some slack since he basically discovered Van Halen.... Besides, Gene kicks ass!

Shaun

scorpioboy33
09-30-2004, 05:58 AM
Gene is a very smart man...but he's all about $$$$$$$$$

kcmusician
09-30-2004, 06:01 AM
Oh yeah, you've got that right.... I mean, Kiss Kondoms???? Come on!!!!!

Shaun

Panamark
09-30-2004, 07:56 AM
Gene now has to justify why he keeps shoving non original versions of Kiss down our throats. The Hagar scenario ties in nicely with the whole
Paul & Gene + (Whoever) = KISS

Panamark
09-30-2004, 07:58 AM
He is obviously full of shit however, anyone can look up the figures..

ThrillsNSpills
09-30-2004, 08:02 AM
Think he means they got bigger physically. ;)

Switch84
09-30-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by kcmusician
He may have said it, but we have to cut him some slack since he basically discovered Van Halen.... Besides, Gene kicks ass!

Shaun

:rolleyes: LOL! Gene may be your own personal "Jesus", but he ain't mine and I'm not KISSing his ass!

Fuck that money-grubbing, piece of shit, rag-wearing asshole! He didn't discover jack; he tried bust up the band and steal Ed for KISS!
So what he paid for their demo; They had a pretty big local following before he 'discovered' them!

light 'em up!
09-30-2004, 08:37 AM
I tend to agree with Switch84. Gene simmons is talking out of his ass, which isn't surprising. Sometimes he's on the mark, but most of the time he talks shit. Saying "the Hagar Van Halen became a bigger band" is obviously a load of crapo. Van Hagar was never a legend.

jacksmar
09-30-2004, 09:21 AM
I got to tell you how much I love Gene. Gene can twist anything and make it funny. Gene kicked Terri (really) Gross’s ass on NPR and then wouldn’t let them use the interview. That’s so fucking funny!! NPR is so used to these daily casual-use pot-smoking musician, losers coming in and acting like they’ve just read the most profound article and they need to share it. Gene shot her down from the start because Gene is a rock star and she’s never met one before. It was hilarious. She’s still trying to clear the smoke from under her skirt that Gene was blowing up there and she bought it.

http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/2002-January/007902.html

The mp3 is out there somewhere and it is hysterical.

Gene likes the money as was stated but what he says about Van Halen is true. It was better with David Lee Roth. I think Gene may be wishing KISS opened for Van Hagar instead of Aerosmith.

FORD
09-30-2004, 09:24 AM
Poor Chaim Witz..... he's already over marketed his own band to death (literally with the KISS Koffin) and has allowed it to become a complete joke by putting a roadie on stage in Ace's makeup. He's got nothing left to exploit from KISS, so now he tries to pimp his minor role in Van Halen's history, even though the remains of that band are almost as big of a joke as KISS.

Time to hang up the wig and the boots, Gene.

Matt White
09-30-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Poor Chaim Witz..... he's already over marketed his own band to death (literally with the KISS Koffin) and has allowed it to become a complete joke by putting a roadie on stage in Ace's makeup. He's got nothing left to exploit from KISS, so now he tries to pimp his minor role in Van Halen's history, even though the remains of that band are almost as big of a joke as KISS.

BRILLIANT!!! 5 star vote FORD! FUCK Gene. I thought the KISS farewell tour was 5 years ago? Hey Simmons, retirement, look into it.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Bill Lumbergh
09-30-2004, 02:42 PM

I think the wig already JUMPED off his head..............

Blacklisted
09-30-2004, 02:54 PM
Considering Kiss probably performed one of the worst Unplugged performances ever I would have to discredit anything Gene Simmons has to say considering they are probably one of THE biggest sell out bands in history. I know there are a lot of fans out there and I apologize but this is my opinion.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they stink. Right?

Gene would do anything to sell a record and obviously him and Sammy have something going on. They probably pumped I was Made For Loving You while they blasted in each others asses.

DLR fucking rules.

John Holmes
09-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Original drivel by Gene Simmons

"But, none of the above has anything to do with the fact, whether you and I like it or not. The Hagar Van Halen became a much bigger band. Period. They became bigger only because people bought more of their concert tickets"

- Gene Simmons

Shut up, fucking greek wino.

kcmusician
09-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:rolleyes: LOL! Gene may be your own personal "Jesus", but he ain't mine and I'm not KISSing his ass!

Fuck that money-grubbing, piece of shit, rag-wearing asshole! He didn't discover jack; he tried bust up the band and steal Ed for KISS!
So what he paid for their demo; They had a pretty big local following before he 'discovered' them!

Actually I don't think he tried to bust up the band.... Eddie was having problems with Roth, and asked if he could join KISS.... That's what I've read.... And no, he's not my personal Jesus....

Shaun

Thetruthbaby
09-30-2004, 03:29 PM
First off any Kiss fan (and I'm one of them) knows that Gene is off in terms of numbers and stats routinely. He said Kiss' most recent Rock The Nation Tour with Poison were "packed shows" many times. The truth is something completely different. Also if you read Gene's book (which I have) he even gets the birth of HIS OWN SON WRONG. He plainly states that Shannon Tweed told him on an off time during the Hot In The Shade Album/Tour (1989/1990) that she was pregnant. PROBLEM IS his son was born IN 1988. Gene is bad with facts people. TRUST ME. He's probably going on the tired premise that VHagar had a #1 album with 5150 and he assumed it meant that they sold more than they did with 1984 which is a common mistake. 1984 sold well over 5Million copies in its first year and a half of release and 5150 sold a little over 3Million in its first year and a half. Now 1984 is 10MILLION and 5150 6Million. Total album sales are ROTH 34 MILLION and Hagar 18 Million. Go to the RIAA if you don't believe. It's all there.

DiamondDoug
09-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Don't forget Dave's autobiography on this subject...Gene is such an idiot, that when he "discovered" Van Halen, he basically told Eddie to get a new singer.

Gene was trying to get Eddie to join HIS band. Gene didn't even think Dave could sing, and he thought Dave would hold Eddie back from success. That's what it says in Crazy From The Heat.

Calderone
09-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Althought most of you don't know im a Big Gene Simmons fan..
or i used to be till late 90s ...but let me tell you straight here.
Gene doesn't have a clue !
he thinks people are fool,he swears he could sell us the 1996 YWTB cd tellin us therer were Old live tracks ..while that was recorded in 1996.
His voice is totally different.Its a lier.
He is always lyin.
Gene doesnt have a clue so to me his take on VH doesn't count

DarkRuler
09-30-2004, 07:07 PM
GENE SIMMONS..........FUCK YOU!!!!!!!YOU ARE JUST A FUCKING PIECE SHIT!!!!!!! JUST LIKE SAM!

READ THESE WISE WORDS:

"DON´T BELIEVE EVERY SYLLABLE OF EVERYTHING THAT YOU READ BY EVERYBODY WHO WROTE IT. GO OUT AND BUY THOSE RECORDS AND SEE IF YOU CAN HEAR THE TRUTH IN THE MUSIC. THAT´S MY RECOMMENDATION. SOME OF THOSE RECORDS YOU MAY HAVE TWICE-JUST IN CASE YOU WANT YOUR BEST PAL TO LISTEN IN TOO SO YOU CAN DISCUSS IT SOME MORE.
DOLEMITE, MOTHERFUCKER!"

ROTH OR DEATH!!!!!!!!!!

Terry
09-30-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Gene now has to justify why he keeps shoving non original versions of Kiss down our throats. The Hagar scenario ties in nicely with the whole

Totally!

Van Hagar, 1988 Monsters Of Rock Tour to one side (and even that was Van Hagar headlining a show with a half dozen bands playing), played many of the same venues the classic lineup did on the 1984 tour, and the record sales aren't even close so I'm a little confused as to how Van Halen got "bigger" after Dave left.

1984 was Van Halen's watershed year. The success Van Hagar inherited from that lasted for a couple of albums and tours, but the record sales dropped from the get-go and continued on a downward spiral, and I seem to remember Van Hagar opening up for Bon Jovi in Europe by the time 1995 and the Van Hagar Mach 1 era ended (only in a world this fucked up would there even be a need for the phrase Van Hagar Mach 1 era).

Gene has just read too many articles by lazy music journalists who had been quoting Sammy as opposed to, say, checking the facts.

horty07
09-30-2004, 07:31 PM
Gene and reality have never been on the same page.

Panamark
09-30-2004, 08:18 PM
Hey even Gene knows he is an ASSHOLE ! Just listen to his last solo single..

monkeythe
09-30-2004, 09:14 PM
Gene must have forgotten about this story:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/interview/1473351/06262003/hagar_sammy.jhtml

From a VH1.com Sammy Hagar interview:

VH1: Anyplace that you’ll never play again?

SH: Hell, no! There was never a place that was that bad. There were some horrible experiences, though. One time in New York City in 1977 I got booed offstage in front of Kiss. That was Kiss’ first big concert at Madison Square Garden. They asked me to play a whole tour with them, but the second I walked out on the stage, people started booing and throwing sh*t. I smashed my guitar, pulled my pants down, waved my d*ck at them, said ‘f*ck you!’ and walked off. Gene [Simmons] was going, “Oh Sammy, no! You can’t do that!” I said, “F*ck you guys, too!” Then I left. We’ve been friends ever since!

By the way, the rest of this interview is BS and will make any Dave fan's blood boil.

Maybe Kiss fans are smarter than we all think.

bueno bob
09-30-2004, 10:53 PM
I'm sorry, is Gene Simmons even a relevant musician or celebrity anymore? I guess I missed something somewhere...

Hecubus
09-30-2004, 11:28 PM

Dude....very creepy......

Very creepy.

But as usual Simmons is talking out of his loathing for Roth more than anything.

And no...he doesn't kick ass.

bueno bob
10-01-2004, 12:56 AM
Gene Simmons gives me head!

:blow2:

I own Gene Simmons!

What a tool.

Blacklisted
10-01-2004, 01:18 AM
Fuck Gene Simmons, Fuck Kiss, and certiainly fuck that cock guzzlin' Sammy Hagar.

DLR fucking Rules!

bueno bob
10-01-2004, 02:09 AM
The thing of it is, I think...I think Gene has a real hatred for classic Van Halen somewhere down the line. Really, consider it...you've been trying to conquer the world with your band for some-odd years, then you go and finance the demos for some oddball band, and ten years later you're a fucking joke in the music industry, you TOTALLY change your appearance and music in order to try and stay somewhat relevant, that fails...and that band you produced ten years back? They're fucking destroying the planet, huge albums and huge tours...

But, you get some saving grace down the line because that band in question? Well, they go through a lineup change, and now they look different and sound different too.

I think Gene hates Van Halen to a degree for stealing the Kiss fire, he knows how much of that was David's own doing, and I don't think it's much more than that. Sheer jealousy, all these years later, of David Lee Roth being able to convert Kiss fans over and rule over an audience better than he ever could.

Not unless there's some feud between Simmons and Roth that I'm not aware of...

Bill Lumbergh
10-01-2004, 02:24 AM
The funniest stories are the ones of Paul Stanley and Gene copying everything Bon Jovi did for years..........They would literally find out what kind of hairspray they were using! That atrocious Crazy Nights album was their biggest Bon Jovi attempt...........that album makes Air Supply look heavy. Even funnier was their Alice in Chains ripoff(COS). Sad, just sad.

bueno bob
10-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Yup. Crazy Nights was definately gay.

:D

Ga y Cherone
10-01-2004, 02:52 AM
Speaking of Kiss becoming one of the many Bon-Jovi spin-offs after Slippery When Wet, check them out during Animalized in 1984. The wardrobe was so 1984 Van Halen inspired.

I don't know how Gene feels towards Hagar or Roth, but along with the Van Halen with Hagar sold more concert tickets. I remember reading an article where Gene states as a matter of factly that Hagar led VH sold more records. I'll look for the article.:confused:

bueno bob
10-01-2004, 02:55 AM
Yeah, see if you can find it...that'd make for some nauseating reading...

Why would Gene Simmons have any fucking idea? Is he in Van Halen? No? Than, as per the norm, he's talking right out of his ass and doesn't know a fuck from a duck.

God damn, the world is full of fuckin' idiots.

:D

Bill Lumbergh
10-01-2004, 02:57 AM
Gene Simmons is known for his truthful statements. "Revenge Tour was a huge success"(huge bomb)............"Kiss was still on top of the world in the 90's"(every album flopped, tours were averaging 5,000 in arenas)........."We played to 400,000 people in Brazil"(it was 147,000)............"Ace Frehley missed some recording sessions from Destroyer on"(Gene has hardly played a NOTE of bass on any Kiss record since 1977's Love Gun).........I could go on...........

bueno bob
10-01-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Gene Simmons is known for his truthful statements. "Revenge Tour was a huge success"(huge bomb)............"Kiss was still on top of the world in the 90's"(every album flopped, tours were averaging 5,000 in arenas)........."We played to 400,000 people in Brazil"(it was 147,000)............"Ace Frehley missed some recording sessions from Destroyer on"(Gene has hardly played a NOTE of bass on any Kiss record since 1977's Love Gun).........I could go on...........

And there you have it...Gene Simmons, the source of reliability and a paragon of honesty... :rolleyes:

Ga y Cherone
10-01-2004, 03:01 AM
I don't get. Gene says that he is a fan of the DLR fronted VH, yet his comments are pro-Van Hagar. Does he resent Diamond Dave or something?

Bill Lumbergh
10-01-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
And there you have it...Gene Simmons, the source of reliability and a paragon of honesty... :rolleyes:

Oh and thats just the tip of the iceberg.........Gene is such a fuckin' joke. If they would've retired after the hugely successful re-union tour, they could've gone out with some dignity. For years in the early nineties Gene apologized to the fans for the over merchandising in the late 70's that killed the band. I can't walk in to any fucking store without seeing this Kiss crap everywhere.........

Bill Lumbergh
10-01-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Ga y Cherone
I don't get. Gene says that he is a fan of the DLR fronted VH, yet his comments are pro-Van Hagar. Does he resent Diamond Dave or something?

Of course. Gene wanted Ed for his own projects...........Dave caught onto this and basically called him on it.

badhorsie
10-01-2004, 03:04 AM
Who gives a fuck what Gene says?

He's irrelevant.

bueno bob
10-01-2004, 03:05 AM
Ain't that the truth...

I think the final breaking point, for me, anyway, was the Kiss Koffin. After I saw that fucking nonsense on TV, I just wanted to beat my head into a wall until all the images went away...lost EVERY ounce of respect I ever had for him or his band, past or present...

Kiss is such a lost cause at this point...God, WHY CONTINUE? Their studio albums are destined to failure, their fans KNOW they've been had with the never-ending farewell tour...I mean, Christ, where does it end for these guys?

I have a sad feeling that Gene and Paul will be 80+ years old out there with the fuckin makeup on and announce the opening of the Kiss Retirement Community in Detroit for the elderly or some God forsaken shit...Jesus Christ, enough, already...

Kristy
10-01-2004, 03:06 AM
BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT!

The only thing "bigger" on this tour is their fucking bank accounts for licking the boots of Warner Bros who threw all sorts of money at them for this "25 Anniversary" like they tried to do with the original members of Dire Straits. Yeah, "bigger" as in having the inflated balls to piss off their loyal fans by flat out insulting them and charging up to $90 a ticket to see a bunch of old men embarrass themselves for greed. Fuck you, Gene Simmons - go fuck your skanky, salty-faced shit actress, Playboy model. What's that? She saw you without your make-up on and ran away? You poor guy.

bueno bob
10-01-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Kristy
BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT!

The only thing "bigger" on this tour is their fucking bank accounts for licking the boots of Warner Bros who threw all sorts of money at them for this "25 Anniversary" like they tried to do with the original members of Dire Straits. Yeah, "bigger" as in having the inflated balls to piss off their loyal fans by flat out insulting them and charging up to $90 a ticket to see a bunch of old men embarrass themselves for greed. Fuck you, Gene Simmons - go fuck your skanky, salty-faced shit actress, Playboy model. What's that? She saw you without your make-up on and ran away? You poor guy.

I like this girl :)

I think that post is worth a 5 star vote :)

Out.

Bill Lumbergh
10-01-2004, 03:08 AM
I like this girl :)

I think that post is worth a 5 star vote :)

Out.

Damn right I say..........

Bill Lumbergh
10-01-2004, 03:09 AM
Ain't that the truth...

I think the final breaking point, for me, anyway, was the Kiss Koffin. After I saw that fucking nonsense on TV, I just wanted to beat my head into a wall until all the images went away...lost EVERY ounce of respect I ever had for him or his band, past or present...

Kiss is such a lost cause at this point...God, WHY CONTINUE? Their studio albums are destined to failure, their fans KNOW they've been had with the never-ending farewell tour...I mean, Christ, where does it end for these guys?

I have a sad feeling that Gene and Paul will be 80+ years old out there with the fuckin makeup on and announce the opening of the Kiss Retirement Community in Detroit for the elderly or some God forsaken shit...Jesus Christ, enough, already...

I saw him in a TV interview a couple of years ago...........it was nothing but NON STOP product promotion. If you're promoting a new album or tour COOL........he was pulling out the Kiss credit card etc.

Bill Lumbergh
10-01-2004, 03:11 AM
Shit, I already voted for her LOL........

Kristy
10-01-2004, 03:15 AM
I don't care who I piss off because I always thought KISS were shit: they are basically story of blood, sweat and diamond codpieces. Nothing but the sweat is real, of course, but it is a triumphant tale nevertheless.

For this is how a bad rock band have etched their name in the bedrock of legend by disguising a dearth of talent with a dollop of face-paint. After all, when faced with a pageant of fire-breathing freaks in platform boots and stegosaurus-spiked body armour, who's going to notice that the music sucks?

Fuck them.

Bill Lumbergh
10-01-2004, 03:22 AM
I don't care who I piss off because I always thought KISS were shit: they are basically story of blood, sweat and diamond codpieces. Nothing but the sweat is real, of course, but it is a triumphant tale nevertheless.

For this is how a bad rock band have etched their name in the bedrock of legend by disguising a dearth of talent with a dollop of face-paint. After all, when faced with a pageant of fire-breathing freaks in platform boots and stegosaurus-spiked body armour, who's going to notice that the music sucks?

Fuck them.

I liked Kiss back in the day. Never on the same level as VH of course, but they put out some cool albums and the show was dynamite. I enjoyed the Reunion tour, but ever since then they've become a complete joke(as they were from 79-96.....Creatures of the Night and Lick It Up were cool). Gene Simmons is a piece of fucking garbage who should never be allowed to even utter Dave's name.

Bill Lumbergh
10-01-2004, 03:23 AM

Fuck them.

Someone might accuse me of ass kissing here, but Kristy we need you to post a bit more frequently. You're on fire tonight.

Kristy
10-01-2004, 03:25 AM
The only tune I liked by them was 'Calling Dr. Love' because its sexist lyrics are so comical - they still make me laugh every time I hear them.

"And even though I'm full of sin
In the end you'll let me in
You'll let me through, there's nothin' you can do
You need my lovin', don't you know it's true"

Well, what's T.S. Eliot or Carl Sandberg compared to that!?

Bill Lumbergh
10-01-2004, 03:27 AM
There's some great stuff on the early albums IMO. They were below average musicians, but the attitude in those early years was great.

kcmusician
10-01-2004, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
The funniest stories are the ones of Paul Stanley and Gene copying everything Bon Jovi did for years..........They would literally find out what kind of hairspray they were using! That atrocious Crazy Nights album was their biggest Bon Jovi attempt...........that album makes Air Supply look heavy. Even funnier was their Alice in Chains ripoff(COS). Sad, just sad.

I never thought about that man, but you might be right.... It's probably why I like the 80's version of KISS better than the others....

Shaun

BIG GOOSE
10-01-2004, 06:02 AM

Well said !!
I was about to say that.His 1/2 KISS keeps touring,fuck I know it's alienated quite a few die hard fans.He is so full of shit he himself had to get Peter and Ace back in and get the make-up on to save his and Paul Stanley's careers.

BIG GOOSE
10-01-2004, 06:09 AM

:elvis: on all cylinders.

5 big ones to you,my friend !!

BIG GOOSE
10-01-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
I thought the KISS farewell tour was 5 years ago?

So did Ace Frehley when asked in an interview why Tommy Thayer was in his spot.

BIG GOOSE
10-01-2004, 06:22 AM

I think Gene hates Van Halen to a degree for stealing the Kiss fire, he knows how much of that was David's own doing, and I don't think it's much more than that. Sheer jealousy, all these years later, of David Lee Roth being able to convert Kiss fans over and rule over an audience better than he ever could.

And Dave did it with sheer charisma,stage presence and GOOD HUMOUR,unlike that bald fat fuck Gene Simmons.

SHIT IN HIS FUCKING HAIR HAT :asshole:

jero
10-01-2004, 06:22 AM
Gene is an asshole! He tried to steal Eddy in the early years for Kiss. He never liked Dave and it was likewise as we can read in Crazy from the heat!

Fuck him!

BIG GOOSE
10-01-2004, 06:27 AM

Fuck them.

I so totally agree !!
5 to you !!

Panamark
10-01-2004, 06:44 AM
The Kiss reunion tour was great.

All that has followed, has been shit.

However they still get their 5-9000 per show,
(Like Van Hagar) so it shows there are enough
idiots out there to show up without caring about
the original band.

Interesting to compare the attendance figures of
Kiss's reunion tour with the original band, as opposed
to their current figures..

A stat sheet the Van Halen sisters should be given !

Roth & Roll
10-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by John Holmes
Shut up, fucking greek wino.

Simmons is an Israeli - not quite sure how you figure that he's Greek....

BARE BONE
10-01-2004, 05:46 PM
I like Kiss but Gene does talk out of his ass alot. He's too much of a business man now. He's still mad because he thought Van Halen would go nowhere with Roth and for that he lost alot of money. What's funny is he let Peter and Ace sing like they have great voices.

BARE BONE
10-01-2004, 11:09 PM

scottydabodi
10-02-2004, 12:02 AM
I may or may not be repeating myself, but ANYONE who thinks VH was bigger with Hagar(other than physical SIZE) is a fucking MORON, be it Gene or Paul, or fuckin' Tommy Thayer... People are looking at this Van Hagar quagmire with utter confusion, I mean IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE TO FIGURE OUT WHICH VERSION WAS MORE FAMOUS!!! Even IF by some fluke of nature, Van Hagar became more famous, I'm talking QUALITY not QUANTITY here, so don't get too rambunctious... As for a KISS reunion-reunion, well, I could give a fuck. Get Kulick back in the band, cuz Ace is washed up, and Tommy belongs in Black-n-Blue.

Ga y Cherone
10-02-2004, 05:18 AM
No! No Boring Bruce Kulick. Bring back Vinnie Vincent! He gives Kiss that edge.

Bruce is boring. Ace is washed up. Vinnie Vincent's shredding is da invasion!

Vinnie Velvet
10-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Fuck Bruce Kulick.

That dick couldn't play ANYTHING original or even play ANY good solo.

Heck, he couldn't even write songs.

At least Ace was an original. When you hear an Ace Frehley solo, you know its Ace.

Bruce could be in Warrant and we still wouldn't recognize HIS sound....cause he Never had one!

bueno bob
10-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Fuck Bruce Kulick.

That dick couldn't play ANYTHING original or even play ANY good solo.

Heck, he couldn't even write songs.

At least Ace was an original. When you hear an Ace Frehley solo, you know its Ace.

Bruce could be in Warrant and we still wouldn't recognize HIS sound....cause he Never had one!

Agreed. Bruce Kulick was an invisible guitarist, if ever there was one. No sound, nothing outstanding about him...nothing to set him apart from anyone else, so in that instance, he was probably just what Gene and Paul were looking for. Somebody to "blend them in" to every other crap ass 80s Bon Jovi hairspray wearing fag band.

Ace most definately is not the worlds greatest guitarist, but you know Ace when you hear him.

As far as Vinnie Vincent was concerned, well...the guy never really had a career outside of Kiss other than Vinnie Vincent Invasion, and all that amounted to was a springing board for Slaughter...is Vinnie Vincent even still around?

scottydabodi
10-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Shit, you're right... Vinnie rocks, although he's crazy. Where's Mark St. John at these days?

Bill Lumbergh
10-04-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Shit, you're right... Vinnie rocks, although he's crazy. Where's Mark St. John at these days?

"Hi I'm Mark........can I take your order?!"

Ga y Cherone
10-04-2004, 08:53 AM
Agreed. Bruce Kulick was an invisible guitarist, if ever there was one. No sound, nothing outstanding about him...nothing to set him apart from anyone else, so in that instance, he was probably just what Gene and Paul were looking for. Somebody to "blend them in" to every other crap ass 80s Bon Jovi hairspray wearing fag band.

Ace most definately is not the worlds greatest guitarist, but you know Ace when you hear him.

As far as Vinnie Vincent was concerned, well...the guy never really had a career outside of Kiss other than Vinnie Vincent Invasion, and all that amounted to was a springing board for Slaughter...is Vinnie Vincent even still around?

Vinnie wrote some of the songs for Revenge. Gene even admitted, though he may not like Vinnie as a person, the guy has talent that can't be denied.

Figs
10-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Ga y Cherone
Vinnie wrote some of the songs for Revenge. Gene even admitted, though he may not like Vinnie as a person, the guy has talent that can't be denied.

I'm pretty sure he co-wrote Unholy which is a great, great song.

Vinnie Velvet
10-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Vinnie did co-write a lot of stuff from Revenge.

Unholy and I Just Wanna to name a few (I think there are a few others).

Vinnie was extremely talented. Fact is, he could write songs. Creatures is the great album that it is because of Vinnie's input.

Ga y Cherone
10-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Why not put Vinnie back in Kiss? He had his own make-up/character and wouldn't have to be an Ace rip-off.

Matt White
10-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Anything OTHER than the original KISS lineup has the musical relevance of Van Hagar. ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!!!
KISS=ACE, PAUL, PETER, GENE

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Bill Lumbergh
10-05-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Vinnie did co-write a lot of stuff from Revenge.

Unholy and I Just Wanna to name a few (I think there are a few others).

Vinnie was extremely talented. Fact is, he could write songs. Creatures is the great album that it is because of Vinnie's input.

Lick it Up was fucking great too, thanks to Vinnie.

CROWBAR
10-05-2004, 04:53 PM
It's still Chaim Shitz Fellas! Once it's all said and done!

fenway5150
10-05-2004, 05:35 PM

And that is exactly why he said what he said. He knows the original lineup sells more tickets...with Van Halen....and, yes Gene, with Kiss.

NATEDOG001976
04-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Gene is just pissed that Eddie would not join that shitty band!

Nitro Express
04-03-2008, 01:56 AM
Gene and KISS have screwed the pooch up the ass before many times for many years and still manage to not only survive but thrive.

Remember The Elder? Remember this abortion?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7ofrdBdJRM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7ofrdBdJRM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Gene will go out of this life a rich man instead of being some pathetic, drug addicted wreak living in a North Hollywood shit hole. I would rather pimp some coffins and condoms than to be drinking MD 20/20 in a shitty trailer park.

NATEDOG001976
04-03-2008, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Gene and KISS have screwed the pooch up the ass before many times for many years and still manage to not only survive but thrive.

Remember The Elder? Remember this abortion?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7ofrdBdJRM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7ofrdBdJRM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Gene will go out of this life a rich man instead of being some pathetic, drug addicted wreak living in a North Hollywood shit hole. I would rather pimp some coffins and condoms than to be drinking MD 20/20 in a shitty trailer park.

I guess if you like that kinda of music, cool. But, If VH makes a live CD with Roth they WON'T need to pipe in crowd noise like Kiss did in Alive. Kiss can "Kiss my ass"

VH or die!

BALLYJUNKIE
04-03-2008, 02:19 AM
even gene"s kid makes fun of him ,and knows how he truely is .....ever watch gene simmons "family jewels" on A&E ........

NATEDOG001976
04-03-2008, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
even gene"s kid makes fun of him ,and knows how he truely is .....ever watch gene simmons "family jewels" on A&E ........

Yeah, it's a great show, good stuff. He's a great business man...music, well it kinda sucks. I'll take my classic VH!

Panamark
04-03-2008, 02:48 AM
Hey !!

Stop tripping me out..
I read these posts from four years ago thinking I made
them yesterday... Its like losing your keys every few minutes...

Necroposting maniac !!!

binnie
04-03-2008, 02:52 AM

Necroposting maniac !!!

Sounds like a Death Metal band!

NATEDOG001976
04-03-2008, 02:53 AM
Haa, I look at old shit too!

oldie, but goodie!

Panamark
04-03-2008, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Sounds like a Death Metal band!

King Diamonds new project ???

DavidLeeNatra
04-03-2008, 06:23 AM
sometimes necroposting makes sence...

this thread is funny to read...after comparing the 2004 debacle with the soon ongoing tour...

NATEDOG001976
04-03-2008, 06:33 AM
I saw this on google, just fucking around....

But I hate Kiss, So I thought I'd bring it back!

Little Lamont
04-03-2008, 07:36 AM
Well, if he's right and Van Hagar sold more tickets, it just proves my point that there are ten idiots out there for every sane person. And it totally explains why traffic is so bad.

NATEDOG001976
04-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Little Lamont
Well, if he's right and Van Hagar sold more tickets, it just proves my point that there are ten idiots out there for every sane person. And it totally explains why traffic is so bad.

Haaa, fuckin' right!

I'll go see Warrant before I see Spammy and his shit ass band...

I saw red...WARRANT!!!!!

BITEYOASS
04-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah Gene Simmons discovered =VH=. But who actually got them the contract with Warner Bros? That would be TED TEMPLEMAN! :D

rachel66
04-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Gene Simmons is a fuckin twat. There is nothing redeeming about him or his retarded band. Kiss always sucked. Anybody who likes kiss should go kill themselves so the rest of us can get on with our lives.

if6was9
04-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by rachel66
Kiss always sucked.
Amen to That!

Panamark
04-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by rachel66
Gene Simmons is a fuckin twat. There is nothing redeeming about him or his retarded band. Kiss always sucked. Anybody who likes kiss should go kill themselves so the rest of us can get on with our lives.

Tell us how you really feel !!!

Round the Kiss Army up on an island and feed em Kool-aid
Jonestown style ????

Gene is a twat, he knows it, yet he is still a gazillionaire..
Thats one happy twat..

jaco
04-04-2008, 07:35 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TynFQXCvpDQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TynFQXCvpDQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

"Anyone know a good joke !! ...... I`ve got one ... Gene Simmons!! "

Ha..Ha..Classic Ace

SRK
04-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Gene`s a fool if he thinks they got bigger with hagar....He needs to get over his jealousy of Dave.....So what he made a demo for them...Any fool with enough clout and money would of picked up on Van Halen at that point...If I remember right he wanted Dave out then....and was recruiting Eddie for Kiss...They think they had trouble with Ace`s partying....Imagine the thought of Ed in Kiss they would have went from one trainwreck to the next....Gene`s SO OVERATED ...
he is always trying to see how much more money he can squeeze from his fans

78/84 guy
04-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Gene you made a disco album FUCK OFF YOU SELL OUT !!!! I hope Van Halen made more money with Hagar and the power ballads !!! Not to mention the higher ticket prices !!

TVGUY
04-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I think Gene has been smoking crack with Whitney Houston again...

jztbcz
04-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Gene needs to go fuck himself .... twice ......

scrub loser .........

Everything Kiss did after the Destroyer album was crap, actually the
Destroyer album was borderline crap too, though it had DRC on it....
That was a great song .......................

Gene Gene Gene ..... Hi my name is Gene let me speak with forked
tongue up ass . thank you., now go buy my Kiss lunchbox before I
tell the world how I also discovered Hendrix and Led Zeppelin....

My name is Gene, and I believe the things I say, why shouldn't you...

" so many fucking douches, so little time "

dave_is_vh
04-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Paul Stanley is Kiss.

Just as Dave is VH.

cadaverdog
04-04-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm sorry, is Gene Simmons even a relevant musician or celebrity anymore? I guess I missed something somewhere...

Anymore?
When was he relevant?
Kiss Alive is a fake , a studio album with an audience added.
Gene admitted it.
In the mid to late 70s only pre teens and dorks were into
Kiss.
At least in So Cal.
Then in the 80s they thought they were metal .
Bullshit , they were and are posers , wannabe rockers.
I won't deny they fooled some people , they made shitloads
of cash.

Gene discovered V H ?
He helped them from being a top local L A band to
The big time , but they were on there way with or
without his help.

Dave2007
04-04-2008, 05:18 PM
well, if we are going by spams stomach,then they were bigger,especially if you throw in his tits lol

WhoCares?
04-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Who gives two shits what Simmons says?

Even if they did sell more tickets & albums with Spammy, what's more important, money or integrity?

How does one define "big"?

Is being artistically amazing, being relevant in the biz & the awe of your peers the definition of "big"? It is in my book

Being "big" may mean more tickets sold to a greedy pissant, but to me being big means what you've accomplished within your art

Dave2007
04-05-2008, 02:37 PM
spam taking big chances that close to the surf,shes gonna get harpooned

Nickdfresh
04-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Right now, some lucky guy is porking Gene's daughter...

gunsnmotley
04-05-2008, 11:40 PM
if ed was in KISS, what character would he be?

Nitro Express
04-06-2008, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE

I like Gene's kids. Shannon Tweed did a good job raising them.

Hey. I liked KISS when I was 12 and it was Ace Frehley who made me want to play guitar. I soon forgot about KISS when I tasted my first VH though. That was the numero uno band after that.

Nitro Express
04-06-2008, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Right now, some lucky guy is porking Gene's daughter...

Heck. I used to whack it to Shannon Tweed when she was Playmate of the Year.

I know sevral naughty women who would love to fuck Nick. Everyone wants to fuck everyone in Gene's family except Gene. LOL!

Matt White
04-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by gunsnmotley
if ed was in KISS, what character would he be?

Crack-head Smurf?!?:confused:

78/84 guy
04-06-2008, 08:36 PM
No Ed would be Ottis the town drunk from Mayberry !!!!

Vinnie Velvet
04-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Gene is an ass.

He is just saying that to justify the replacement members in KISS, as in those 'scabs' who dress up as Ace and Peter.