PDA

View Full Version : vh1 sam dave tour docummentry makes dave out as an ass hole

col5150
09-30-2004, 11:34 AM
Dont get me wrong im a huge dave fan and vh aint vh without him, i couldnt give two shits for hagar but............

On the vh1 sam vs dave tour docummentary showing both singers during the tour.

sam says and the video shows: that dave wasnt interested in being friendly, he locked the door when hagr tried to talk to him, he refused to do interviews and wouldnt take up hagars offer to join him on stage and give the fans of both eras something to enjoy.

Dave badmouths sam at any opertunity and yet at the end of the tour sam even sugested a co-van halen tour, whereas roth didnt even wanna see sammy.

From watching this and even as a huge roth fan i do find that dave comes across as a real arrogant bastard, hagar on the other hand does come across as quite a layed back guy just doin whatever he enjoys.

Hagar did give dave the tour on a plate and if you look at daves album sale figures and how they diminish, you would think he would be appreciative.

Watch it!

see for yourself

DlocRoth
09-30-2004, 11:48 AM
Dave suggested the tour.

Besides, why would Dave want to share a stage with the Chedd rocker? It's like beating the shit outta your little brother in front of an audience. It's so easy, so why bother?

alsip
09-30-2004, 11:55 AM
In actuality, Dave's condescending atttitude toward Sammy was actually a brilliant business decision. Not only is it "edgy," but it grabs the attention of TV Netowrks like VH-1. Alternatively, if there was no conflict, there would be no story.

Simply put - Sammy's whiny response to Dave reflects his stupidity, as Sammy could not recognize how Dave was actually benefitting them both!!!

Switch84
09-30-2004, 12:18 PM
:rolleyes: :p It's amazing what can be done with a little editing, doncha think? It's not like Davy Baby and Spam were best friends, anyway, plus Spam's been shitting on Dave for years with the VH sisters prior to this tour! If I was Davy Baby, I wouldn't have shit to do with his snivelling, fat, bootlegging tequila-selling bitch ass, either!

Dave was there for showtime, and showtime ONLY!

Would you 'play nice' with some lesser-qualified shithead that replaced you at your gig and trashed you alongside the bosses? I think not.

Matt White
09-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by col5150
Dont get me wrong im a huge dave fan and vh aint vh without him, i couldnt give two shits for hagar but............
Dave badmouths sam at any opertunity and yet at the end of the tour sam even sugested a co-van halen tour, whereas roth didnt even wanna see sammy.

From watching this and even as a huge roth fan i do find that dave comes across as a real arrogant bastard, hagar on the other hand does come across as quite a layed back guy just doin whatever he enjoys.

Hagar did give dave the tour on a plate and if you look at daves album sale figures and how they diminish, you would think he would be appreciative.

Watch it!

see for yourself

Have seen it. Spammy is a whining BITCH. After ALL the shit that ASS-PIRATE talked about DAVE, their supposed to be buds?!?
WHO , other than a SHEEP, wants to see SPAM on stage with DAVE?!? Would you want to see coverdale onstage with ROBERT PLANT?!?
Spam comes across like a conniving businessman, and DAVE like a ROCK VETERAN who has seen all the BS before.
DAVE called SPAM to do the tour, don't re-write history.
Spam has had HUGE solo sales?!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?
CABO the FUCK WHAT?!? 10 13??????WTF!!!!
Seriously, Col5150, before you open your mouth, doing a little THINKING. Get your facts straight.Useless sloganering & Idolatorist Spam rhetoric will make you seem like a dullard.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

RogueHorseman
09-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
Dave suggested the tour.

No, it was Sam's idea initially and Dave turned it down flat.

Her later reconsidered and finally accepted after Sam kept calling.

RogueHorseman
09-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by col5150
...wouldnt take up hagars offer to join him on stage and give the fans of both eras something to enjoy.

What, and visually elevate Sam as being on the same level and make it appear as an endorsement?

Dave isn't so dense as to fall for such trickery, of which Sam is famous for.

meanstreet
09-30-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman

I Have the Howard Stern show from May 2002 with both Dave in the studio and Spam on the phone and when Stern asked them who's idea was the Sam/Dave Tour, they both said "Dave". Then Howard asked Dave "who made the phone call" and Dave replied that he had his assistant call Sam and Sam's producer.

Sam never approached Dave to do this gig...too intimidating

DlocRoth
09-30-2004, 01:16 PM

Actually, it WAS Dave.

DlocRoth
09-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Oh, thanks Meanstreet, just saw yer post.

RogueHorseman
09-30-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by meanstreet
I Have the Howard Stern show from May 2002 with both Dave in the studio and Spam on the phone and when Stern asked them who's idea was the Sam/Dave Tour, they both said "Dave". Then Howard asked Dave "who made the phone call" and Dave replied that he had his assistant call Sam and Sam's producer.

Sam never approached Dave to do this gig...too intimidating

I honestly do not remember the source at this point, but I heard the exact opposit... that Sam had his people put out feelers to Dave's people, etc. and that Dave sent back a no initially.

Have not heard the Stern interview, but I do not question you. I would however question if they were in fact "working" that as the story when in fact it wasn't how it went down. I simply can not fathom Dave doing it, and the way he avoided sharing the stage, etc., to keep his spot intact would lend to that I feel...

RogueHorseman
09-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Perhaps they were speaking in reference to who made the call to "book it" and not who initially had the idea and sent feelers...

Did Stern use the actual word "idea", or did he instead say something more along the lines of "which one of you put this deal together?"

horty07
09-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Spammy was playing for the camera, he was acting like the good guy. Dave was being Dave, he is not interested in fsking it. Daves goal for the tour was to show who the better performer is.and from all acounts he proved that he still is the king. diamonds are forever and fat is just fat. You have to remember that Van Hagar started all this mudslinging back in 85, and Dave is not going to forgive and forget. Can you blame him?

Bill Lumbergh
09-30-2004, 02:06 PM
Sam reminds me a lot of former MLB star Kirby Puckett..........plays nice for the cameras( tries to be the everyman), but behind the scenes you know he's a completely different person. I know he doesnt beat his wife though, I'm sure she kicks the shit out of him.

meanstreet
09-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Stern just basically asked who's idea was this and both concurred that it was Dave and that it started with a phone call from Dave's assistant.

Dave said things such as "There's been an acre of bad blood, a river of bad blood between us, it's unity!"

Then they flipped a friggin coin to see who would open the first night (if you recall they alternated "opening" for each other throughout the tour and Dave won and replying after he won the toss, "I'm Delighted! What time is ignition for me? 9:00?"

And then Sam started saying shit like "I'm gonna make this guy (Dave) wish he'd never done this" and, in other words, saying how Sam's goal was to try to blow Dave off the stage every night.

Dave was saying all kind of great one-liners, one is at the bottom of my signature about the "Sam I'm made of everything you're not" and "Sam's pumpin wiffle weights", classic Dave stuff

horty07
09-30-2004, 02:12 PM
That proves my point. Even when Dave tried to get along with him Spam had to stir shit up again. Then he wonders why Dave wont party with him. Daves not a drunk fuck like Ed, Dave remembers shit the next day.

pete
09-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

Seriously, Col5150, before you open your mouth, doing a little THINKING. Get your facts straight.Useless sloganering & Idolatorist Spam rhetoric will make you seem like a dullard.

He's a spam head. Don't be fooled.

A stupid spam head

pete
09-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Ignorant spewing is a tell-tale sign.

guwapo_rocker
09-30-2004, 04:56 PM
"There's Sam again, banging on the window with a bottle of tequila

in one hand and his dick in the other.":splooge:

TongueNGroove
09-30-2004, 05:29 PM
VH1 didnt make Dave out to be an asshole, Dave IS and asshole and they merely caught it on tape.

It is quite apparent that Sammy was just trying to get a long as best he could and make the concerts fun for the fans, but Dave wanted no part of it.

Big Troubles
09-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
VH1 didnt make Dave out to be an asshole, Dave IS and asshole and they merely caught it on tape.

It is quite apparent that Sammy was just trying to get a long as best he could and make the concerts fun for the fans, but Dave wanted no part of it.

you know what? I agree 100%. Dave is an asshole. He's hard to work with. All his past band mates have mentioned that at one time or another. But they also mentioned that he's one of the hardest rock n roll musicians on the planet and what he does, he does best. Asshole or not. Think he gives a fuck if people "like" him? Of course not. Get the fuck out of his way or get knocked down. Thats Dave.
Sam trying to get along with Dave, screams of closet homosexuality and insecurities. Hey Sam, Dave thinks your a fucking pussy and wants, in NO WAY, to be your friend. Leave him the fuck alone. Does that make Dave the bad guy? Or is Dave just telling Sam the bold stated truth? Its a fine line. Blurred for some, but for true Roth fans, its clear. Sam is a pussy and needs to have pats on the back. Dave has entourages and kicks people in the ass. Thats the end of your sorted truth to the VH1 fable.

ALinChainz
09-30-2004, 05:35 PM
What's quite apparent is that you have nothing better to do with your time than to be at a site dedicated to DLR, and bash him.

Dude, 12 year olds do that shit.

Says right on the front door, Dave and Classic VH.

There is only one asshole here ... and we know who it is.

Try some rock music once. Hagar isn't it. Montrose ended years ago, that's as close he got.

Big Troubles
09-30-2004, 05:37 PM
even then... Montrose? please. :D

Warham
09-30-2004, 05:37 PM
I think this tour was a waste for Dave. Why even bother with this? Everybody in the known galaxy knows Dave is a better performer and frontman. Dave shouldn't lower his standards by playing with such 70's leftovers.

I was disappointed with Dave for about five seconds when I heard about this.

Big Troubles
09-30-2004, 05:40 PM
$$$. Im glad he did it. Sam bailed early making him look like a fucking pussy, and Dave the class act, took the show and ran with it. (until he sliced his melon open of course) ;)

BARE BONE
09-30-2004, 05:41 PM

ALinChainz
09-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles

With Sam ... that's about as hard rock as it got ...

I'm working with nothing here ... it's Sammy for crying out loud.

Big Troubles
09-30-2004, 05:49 PM
LOL true dat. ;)

Northern Girl
09-30-2004, 06:34 PM
Have any of you ever heard of Dave jamming on stage with another singer or band. I never have. I think it's something he just doesn't do for whatever reason. He seems to only perform after being well rehearsed.

pete
09-30-2004, 07:07 PM

WOW yer an idiot.

He was selling the tour wth the feud!!!

God-damn!!!

pete
09-30-2004, 07:09 PM

SHITE!!!!!!!!

Splooge
09-30-2004, 07:58 PM
BAD ROTO ROOTER!!!!

Rikk
09-30-2004, 08:04 PM

Baaaa.

Big Troubles
09-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by pete
SHITE!!!!!!!!

:D Montrose sucked Donkey balls. Some Sammy solo I can live with. As in, if it were on the radio, I would listen to a few of his songs. Older songs.:)

pete
09-30-2004, 08:33 PM
:D Montrose sucked Donkey balls. Some Sammy solo I can live with. As in, if it were on the radio, I would listen to a few of his songs. Older songs.:)

Oh Please.

Splooge
09-30-2004, 08:47 PM

Fak....I just puked on my balls!!!! Fak!!!

Antman
09-30-2004, 10:20 PM
It was Sammy who started the shit talking during the tour. Dave did not want to share the stage with Sammy. OK. Get over it. Sam took that and ran with it. And as always, Sam would have to take shots at Dave during the interviews. Dave never retaliated. So it makes Dave the bigger person the one with some class and or dignity. No one gives a rats hairy ass about Sam. He has no personality. So of course he has to bash Dave. Its his way of dealing with the fact that he will always be compared to Dave and has to live with the fact that he'll never be Dave, only Dave's replacement.

bueno bob
09-30-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Antman
It was Sammy who started the shit talking during the tour. Dave did not want to share the stage with Sammy. OK. Get over it. Sam took that and ran with it. And as always, Sam would have to take shots at Dave during the interviews. Dave never retaliated. So it makes Dave the bigger person the one with some class and or dignity. No one gives a rats hairy ass about Sam. He has no personality. So of course he has to bash Dave. Its his way of dealing with the fact that he will always be compared to Dave and has to live with the fact that he'll never be Dave, only Dave's replacement.

That's what I've been saying about the Sam & Dave Show all along. Thusly, it's worth a five star vote! Fuck Hagar and fuck VH1. DAVE OR THE GRAVE!!!

BIG GOOSE
10-01-2004, 06:46 AM
And then Sam started saying shit like "I'm gonna make this guy (Dave) wish he'd never done this" and, in other words, saying how Sam's goal was to try to blow Dave off the stage every night.

Hammy may have BLOWN Dave onstage but would NEVER have blown him off stage with a fucking hurricane.I read a guy's report of a gig he went to on that tour where Dave opened and when he finished the front rows cleared.When Hagar played "Eagles Fly" people went to the bar.I read this on a general music site not a Van Halen/Van Hagar site.

Igosplut
10-01-2004, 07:17 AM

Yea, Sams just trying to get along.............

The show I went to (and I know it happened at others), Spam tears up a picture of Ed V. Spam talks shit. Dave says nothing. WHO'S just trying to get along Rodney????

My idea of fun at a DLR concert is NOT seeing a duet with spam. And I dont think your gonna find twenty people on the planet that would disagree...........

Robonez
10-01-2004, 08:50 AM
Dave wouldn't join Sammy onstage, 'cause he knew he'd be blown off the stage. Plain and simple.

meanstreet
10-01-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by BIG GOOSE
Hammy may have BLOWN Dave onstage but would NEVER have blown him off stage with a fucking hurricane.I read a guy's report of a gig he went to on that tour where Dave opened and when he finished the front rows cleared.When Hagar played "Eagles Fly" people went to the bar.I read this on a general music site not a Van Halen/Van Hagar site.

This is true. I can vouch for this cuz I was at 2 of the shows. The second show of the tour was in Detroit and Dave "opened." He had them packed in like sardines. Typically, people don't start to show up until around 8:30, but because this was a double bill with no opening act, you had to be there by 7:30 in order to see Dave (if he went on first). People in the markets where they KNEW Dave was opening the show in fact got there on time. And yes, I fuckin even LEFT when the round rocker got on stage at around 9 AFTER my wife shook Dave's hand (he went to the lawn area of the ampitheatre after his set to do an unannounced 2 minute meet and greet thing). It was incredibly boring watching Sam talk shite about his shitty tequilla all the while surrounding himself with like 50 chosen audience members on the stage with him to make him look popular.

O yeah he also kisses MAJOR ASS at all the venues he goes to, like wearing sports jerseys and wrapping himself in homemade banners...how gay is that

EbDawson
10-01-2004, 09:33 AM
It was incredibly boring watching Sam talk shite about his shitty tequilla all the while surrounding himself with like 50 chosen audience members on the stage with him to make him look popular.

how gay is that

Yeah, having those Kool-aid drinking Spammyites in those bleachers was the gayest thing I'd seen in some time!

Robonez
10-01-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Yeah, having those Kool-aid drinking Spammyites in those bleachers was the gayest thing I'd seen in some time!

Dude, what's this obsession with gayness on this board????

Matt White
10-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Robonez
Dave wouldn't join Sammy onstage, 'cause he knew he'd be blown off the stage. Plain and simple.

You must be smoking some POTENT crack cocaine to make a statement like that. Spammy isn't in the same LEague as DAVE, HELL, the same universe. Spam is a c-level singer at best. DAVE is a legend.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Robonez
10-01-2004, 09:55 AM
You must be smoking some POTENT crack cocaine to make a statement like that. Spammy isn't in the same LEague as DAVE, HELL, the same universe. Spam is a c-level singer at best. DAVE is a legend.

Say what you will, dude.
Sam woulda smoked him!
It's the truth! You know it, Dave knows it..

Figs
10-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Igosplut
The show I went to (and I know it happened at others), Spam tears up a picture of Ed V.

Wow, I didn't know that. Well it's not a big surprise. He always acts like a bitter, jilted woman.

Matt White
10-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Robonez
Say what you will, dude.
Sam woulda smoked him!
It's the truth! You know it, Dave knows it..

No, not true at all. Spammy isn't acknowledged as a great performer by anyone other than the SHEEP. DAVID LEE ROTH is legendary. It's a un-arguable proposal. Who would want to see them on stage together? Who would want ROBERT PLANT on stage with David Coverdale? Nobody with an ounce of taste. Spammy is LUCKY to have inherited the success that DAVE built with VAN HALEN, otherwise Spam would be on "One hit wonders of the 80's" on VH!. The only smoking going on would be DAVE sparkin' up a J, and Spam smokin' pole.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!

bueno bob
10-01-2004, 12:11 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Sam, as a solo artist, was a B level musician and performer...not even a headliner, basically he'd cut himself his niche in his professional music career as a concert opener...

Hagar spent more time shittalking during that tour than even I thought was possible. Between ripping up pictures of Eddie and even talking shit about Roth ON STAGE no less...it's low class, unprofessional and verging on gutteral behavior (which, really, is pretty much right up Hagar's alley).

David was a class act the whole time...nothing bad to say about Van Halen or Hagar, even at the tours end.

You tell ME who was more professional.

Sam opened with "Shaka Doobie" :rolleyes:

Dave opened with "Hot for Teacher" :D

You tell ME who put on the more exciting show.

And don't be stupid.

LOS35
10-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Do ya'll remember on that tour hagar had a blow up doll of EVH that he was knocking around?
But now their such good buddies....

redballjet
10-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Is this the same video with Sammy whining like a little bitch because his dressing room was too small? While I realize his girth probably dictates a certain size requirement for any room he enters, he certainly came across as a prissy, sniveling no-talent in that clip

bueno bob
10-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by redballjet
Is this the same video with Sammy whining like a little bitch because his dressing room was too small? While I realize his girth probably dictates a certain size requirement for any room he enters, he certainly came across as a prissy, sniveling no-talent in that clip

Yup, one and the same. To the average joe asshole, or your average sheep, that probably appears that, "Hey...David Lee Roth is hogging all the room! That makes David an asshole for putting Sam through that! Why isn't David being nicer to Sammy?"

The reality of the matter is that, although Sammy insinuated that it was Roth to blame, the reality of it is that David didn't have anything better to work with. His dressing room may have been a bit nicer, but I can guarantee you it wasn't much...I've seen enough dressing rooms for opening acts and headlining acts in my time to know that much.

Moreover, even if it was too small for Hagar's fat ass, and the enormous tits on the bass player of his, why is that suddenly David's problem? It's the venue's fault if they're not provided appropriate room consideration for the band, it's attire, and it's gear.

Of course, the gears generally not kept in the dressing room anyway, so on that note, Hagar looks even more like a donkey's dick.

All that little outburst was, was a carefully planned and executed assault on David's character, done only to keep his name in the press because David was kicking his ass all over the stage every night...which has been Hagar's response all these years with David...if you can't beat him musically, slander his character.

Real class act Hagar is, right sheep?

BARE BONE
10-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Any dressing room would be small for his fat ass.

Mezro
10-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Splooge
BAD ROTO ROOTER!!!!

Oh for the love of fuck! Here is a vote for Splooge.

Mezro...voting for Splooge...sounds like a Sam song...

Parnelly
10-01-2004, 07:44 PM
So what up with the DLR show in Orillia. Is everybody stoked or what. DLR RULES.

EAST COAST
10-02-2004, 09:49 AM
DAVE CONTACTED SAM. THATS HOW THE TOUR GOT UNDERWAY. ATER IF ANYBODY REMEMBERS ED AND DAVE WERE ATEMPTING ANOTHER SHOT AT GETING BACK TOGETHER. WHEN TE REUNION FELL THROUGH, DAVE CALLED FATMAN. THATS HOW IT STARTED,PERIOD BITCH. IT ENDED WITH THE TRUEST LINE, SAM THROWS A PARTY..... I AM THE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coyote
10-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
You tell ME who was more professional.

Sam opened with "Shaka Doobie" :rolleyes:

Dave opened with "Hot for Teacher" :D

You tell ME who put on the more exciting show.

And don't be stupid.

What the fuck does "Shaka Doobie" mean, anyway?

DavidLeeNatra
10-02-2004, 12:38 PM
sam asked back in 1996 for that kind of tour...and dave admitted that this is the truth. in 2002 it was daves turn to call sam...

dave never jams. he said that a thousand times. he performs what he practised for month. it's called "being a professional"...jamming sometimes turns out to become that fucked up running with the devil thing of van hagar...that's not dave's thing...period

Matt White
10-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Spammy Hagar doesn't need ANYBODYs help to make himself out as an ASSHOLE!!!

knuckleboner
10-02-2004, 12:57 PM
of course dave's an asshole.

van halen was always supposed to be over the top. you don't become the world's biggest rock band by being nice, inducing the crowd to slowly sway to the earnest croonings about knowing when it's love.

you do it by melting all the other bands' albums.

history may call dave an asshole. but it will definitely recognize him.

Nitro Express
10-02-2004, 01:32 PM
I was terrified that Dave was actually becoming friends with Sammy. When Heat Miser Sammy Hagar started blowing and complaning about Roth I just thanked God that that the impossible didn't happen.

I watched that VH1 special and it was Sammy doing all the talking and complaining. Sammy is pissed going "I'm no warm up act but I get this little shitty dressing room while Dave gets the big room." It was funny as hell then Sammy goes into how Dave keeps his people away from Sammy's people and refuses to share the stage or socialize.

They did cut to Dave's tour bus where Dave is joking with his band and crew after an invite from Sammy Hagar to party with the Wabboritas, "There's Sammy banging at the window with a bottle of tequila to sell us again." Everyone cracks up. It was funny.

Yeah, I think Dave's motive was to grab attention and to publicly show he's a better peformer than the Red Rocker.

To be honest. I love Dave, but they both kinda looked rediculouse. For me it was Dave as Snowmiser battling Sammy as Heatmiser. I was waiting for Santa Clause to show up. LOL!

CROWBAR
10-02-2004, 03:29 PM
It was "There's Sammy with a bottle of Tequila in one hand and his dick in the other!"

Dave said "I don't consider Sam one of my peers." End of story.

Legends don't hang with pissants :D

Nitro Express
10-02-2004, 04:20 PM
There were also some pretty good looking women on Dave's bus laughing at the "Sam banging at the window" joke.

Aw, come on, Dave should have gone over to Waborittavile because Mike and Mona were there.

spmusicplyr
10-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Have seen it. Spammy is a whining BITCH. After ALL the shit that ASS-PIRATE talked about DAVE, their supposed to be buds?!?
WHO , other than a SHEEP, wants to see SPAM on stage with DAVE?!? Would you want to see coverdale onstage with ROBERT PLANT?!?
Spam comes across like a conniving businessman, and DAVE like a ROCK VETERAN who has seen all the BS before.
Spam has had HUGE solo sales?!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?
CABO the FUCK WHAT?!? 10 13??????WTF!!!!

oh man, i hate matt white. matt, you're the biggest shit talker in this whole forum. you think your opinions are the right way, ours are the high way and that we should all get fucked.
half the time you write in caps, drives me crazy. you take this whole forum to another proportion, like its something serious or life threatening. its just a discussion. you are the biggest mudslinger in this site, and i think you should just get fucked

spmusicplyr
10-07-2004, 08:32 PM
sam called dave in 1997. didnt you watch the clip, matt?

yflm-62,974
dlrband-60,000+
diamond dave...less than 50,00

not for nothing, but where do you pull your sales figures from?

ten13- 394,000

i love dave, and i own all his post VH albums. i love ALAE and i love diamond dave. i think the covers are great. i think it sucks that alae only hit gold and the rest didnt break 100,000...but matt you gotta get real bro.

oh, you also need to get fucked cause im tired of reading your shit and the shit you say about everyone who you disagree with.

by the way, get bent.

spmusicplyr
10-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
There were also some pretty good looking women on Dave's bus laughing at the "Sam banging at the window" joke.

Aw, come on, Dave should have gone over to Waborittavile because Mike and Mona were there.

i would plow mona. strictly anal, just cause i wanna degrade her for playin with sam and bein a waborita :)

Nitro Express
10-07-2004, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't push on Mona's ass too hard. You might get swallowed up in the quicksand and never be seen again.

spmusicplyr
10-08-2004, 01:33 PM
id plow :)

Matt White
10-08-2004, 01:37 PM
You rang junior?

Matt White
10-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by spmusicplyr
oh man, i hate matt white.

Hate the game,junior, hate the game.

"I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I fucking am!"

famac
10-08-2004, 02:08 PM
I can't stand even looking at a picture of Sammy Hagar, so I understand why Dave wouln't want to hang out with him. I mean, Sammy Hagar is in his fifties, he ought to settle down and stop acting likes he's in high school. If he spent a little more time reading, like Roth, maybe he wouldn't write such brain-dead lyrics.

How many morons do you chose to hang around with?

Answer: as few as possible.

famac
10-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Not only that, Ed won't let Sam do any interviews unless Alex is there to mind Sam's Ps and Qs. Does anything say "this guys an asshole" more than that? It's more than obvious Sam is viewed as a self serving opportunist by DLR, and the Brothers.

It's two against one!

They are just pimping Sam to get some tour money and he's such a whore that he agreed to it. Would you ever agree to a tour where you couln't give an interview without a chaperon?

jsadl
11-24-2005, 02:13 AM
The guy has 4 chins and wears sandels. That's fine if you're going to the beach, but he's "suppose" to be a rock star! Would you want to go on stage with that?

The only guy Sammy needs to do a duet with on stage is Jimmy Buffett.

JAS

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-24-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by spmusicplyr
oh man, i hate matt white. matt, you're the biggest shit talker in this whole forum. you think your opinions are the right way, ours are the high way and that we should all get fucked.
half the time you write in caps, drives me crazy. you take this whole forum to another proportion, like its something serious or life threatening. its just a discussion. you are the biggest mudslinger in this site, and i think you should just get fucked

fuck you dude. MW is hilarious.

WARF
11-24-2005, 02:54 AM
A good DVD to get is VH the early years.

EbDawson
11-24-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by jsadl
The only guy Sammy needs to do a duet with on stage is Jimmy Buffett.

JAS

That would be a step up for Spammy.

CdnDlrfan
11-24-2005, 09:41 AM
I've heard of this episode of VH1 behind the music but I've never seen it. Is there a link somewhere to watch this or is there someone with a copy who is willing to share? thx :-)

fuckhowardstern
11-24-2005, 09:56 AM
[WHO , other than a SHEEP, wants to see SPAM on stage with DAVE?!? Would you want to see coverdale onstage with ROBERT PLANT?!?...

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!! [/B]

As usual, fucking hilarious response - great analogy also!

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! Here is the link for the Dave and Sam Howard Stern Show from the Bootleg section of this site:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14590

Originally posted by Switch84

:rolleyes: :p It's amazing what can be done with a little editing, doncha think? .....

Absolutely correct....if Spammy was half the professional as Dave, and that shit really happened as it was presented, he would have kept it off the video. The fact that what was probably 5 minutes out of many friendly interactions between the two throughout the tour was blown up on the video to make it look like Dave refused to try and get along with Fagar shows that Spammy Fagar is a whining, sniveling bitch.

Terry
11-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Agreed that editing is half the truth here, but from the final result, Hagar came off looking kinda like a whiner about the whole thing.

Sam's verbal acumen has never been a match for Dave, who has mastered the art of the putdown far beyond Hagar's simplistic "I think Dave's a jerk, nyah nyah". Plus, Roth has an element of self-depreciation, even in his most egocentric ramblings.

ritetoolforjob
11-25-2005, 02:05 PM
i think it just showed dave was too much a coward to perform with hagar. oh, an asshole too.

Dirty Duck
11-25-2005, 04:38 PM
There are always two sides to every story. But I'll take Dave's side on this one. Why? Cause ever since Sammy joined VH back in 86' he has done nothing but rip Dave apart in the media. I'm not saying that Dave is a saint...but I'm sure he has more class then that wannabe frontman clown. If you follow all the old interviews in the rock mags back then,you'll see that it's always sammy that had the big fucking mouth (probley trying to impress his new "co workers" at the time). I was at one of those shows back in 2002 in Jersey and i never heard one bad word about sammy come out of Dave's mouth. It's so painfully obvious that Sammy is jealous of Dave. It's a fact. Since Dave hasnt been in the media spotlight for some time, of course they're gonna go with Sammy (He's got product! Tequila). But real fans and rockers know who the best is....and he goes by the name David Lee Roth!

ritetoolforjob
11-25-2005, 05:26 PM
dave proved he did the tour for the money. if it was to show vh fans who was the better frontman, he could have at least taken dickhead hagar up on his offer to do a song together and then blow him off the stage. there was a lot of cowardice and greed there on dave's part.

bueno bob
11-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ritetoolforjob
Sheep Pen Owns Me.

I love cock.

Nickdfresh
11-25-2005, 06:08 PM
dave proved he did the tour for the money. if it was to show vh fans who was the better frontman, he could have at least taken dickhead hagar up on his offer to do a song together and then blow him off the stage. there was a lot of cowardice and greed there on dave's part.

DAVE "did it for the money?" Really?

No shit moron! When you work, well, IF you worked, you'd do it for the money too. Like when you deposit your welfare check, ya,' for the money.

Compare that to commercial jingle HAGAR, who would sell his shit-stained, Cabo-underroos on E-Bay if he could get $10 for them.

EbDawson
11-26-2005, 01:44 AM
ritetool, I don't know what we'd do without you around here but I'm willing to try.

ELVIS
11-26-2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
He seems to only perform after being well rehearsed.

Dave admits to not rehearsing, and that rehearse is a "bad word" among him and his band...

Some of the boots reveal this fact...

:elvis:

ELVIS
11-26-2005, 06:15 AM

Shut the fuck up...:rolleyes:

ELVIS
11-26-2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I love Dave, but they both kinda looked rediculouse.

Now that's ridiculous...

DavidLeeNatra
11-26-2005, 07:44 AM
dave always said "I don't jam with anybody"...good for me...

Baby's On Fire
11-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Dave admits to not rehearsing, and that rehearse is a "bad word" among him and his band...

Dave was being sarcastic. Everyone who has ever worked with Dave describe how demanding he is and how hard they rehearse.

For a so-called Dave fan, you sure don't understand him.

fuckhowardstern
11-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Dave was being sarcastic. Everyone who has ever worked with Dave describe how demanding he is and how hard they rehearse.

For a so-called Dave fan, you sure don't understand him.

Baby is right....Dave talks about extensive rehersals in his book, Crazy from the Heat.

DavidLeeNatra
11-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

not true...

praisethedave
11-26-2005, 05:51 PM
dave should ditch this loser cover band he has and work with someone who can bring back the creative side in him.