X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Kerry FUCKED up BIG TIME

He is visibly flustered and pissed off. Bush had him rattled about the 87B funding after Kerry was bragging about being the one to lead America's troops.
    Last edited by BigBadBrian; 09-30-2004, 09:35 PM.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

The piece of shit just suggested we "contracted out" the containment of Tora Bora.

Fuck it, I'm speechless.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

I'm actually very unhappy about the tone of questioning.

So far it's "Senator Kerry, please feel free to elaborate on your anti-war propaganda."

And "President Bush, what do you have to say about that?"

I mean, it's all about defending the war in Iraq, with question about "whether the casualties are worth it" or not, and no questions on Kerry's multi-lateral stand on every fucking single issue. I mean, at least have a follow up with Kerry asking if he feels the contributions of the nations already supporting us, and sacrificing their citizens, should be belittled as "window-dressing".

Fuck I hate the press! The good thing is, the American public is on to their bullshit. And good old Dan Rather pretty much locked the perception down.

I predict (just like Limbaugh) that the press will be going bananas over Kerry's "performance" tonight. And that's because the line of questioning allowed him to give them exactly what they wanted. And that's a platform to spew un-substantiated, anti-war bullshit (just like he did in the 70's, of which much of the same crowd in the press were applauding him then).

Thank God the American public is smarter than the press gives credit. I guess they used to get away with this shit, but those days are long gone.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

To support my point, it's already starting. Take a look at this:

Bush, Kerry Clash Over Iraq at First Debate

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (Reuters) - President Bush and Democrat John Kerry clashed over Bush's Iraq policy on Thursday in a high-stakes presidential debate seen as critical to Kerry closing the gap with his opponent.

Kerry quickly jumped on the attack against Bush in the first -- and possibly most important -- of three presidential debates scheduled over the next two weeks.

He accused Bush of rushing to war and being diverted from defeating al Qaeda and finding Osama bin Laden, saying, "Iraq was not even close to the center of the war on terror before the president invaded it."

While it is important to be strong and resolute, "we also have to be smart," he said.

"This president has made, I regret to say, a colossal error of judgment, and judgment is what we look for in the president of the United States of America," Kerry said.

Bush, holding a modest yet persistent lead in the polls with less than five weeks until the Nov. 2 election, defended his decision to go to war as necessary to take on what he viewed as a threat in the post-Sept. 11 world.

He said Kerry saw the same intelligence as he did on alleged weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and that as far as bin Laden was concerned, the al Qaeda leader was isolated. He accused Kerry of sending "mixed signals" with shifting positions on Iraq.

"I don't see how you can lead this country to succeed in Iraq if you say 'wrong war. wrong place.' What message does that send our troops, what message does that send to our allies, what message does that send to the Iraqis? No, the way to win this is to be steadfast and resolved," said Bush.

Kerry shot back: "Yes, we have to be steadfast and resolved, and I am, and I will succeed for those troops now that we're there. We have to succeed. We can't leave a failed Iraq. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake of judgment to go there and keep the focus off Osama bin Laden."

FIRST LOOK

The 90-minute debate at the University of Miami had a television audience of perhaps 50 million or 60 million people and offered Americans their first look at the candidates slugging it out in person rather than through stump speeches and television ads.

The Bush campaign's contention was that if Bush held his own and the debate was basically a draw, then the advantage would go to the president and put him on the way to re-election.

Kerry's camp was looking for a breakthrough that would allow Kerry to connect with Americans and be seen as an effective alternative to the incumbent, a critical test for a presidential challenger.

The debate played out against a backdrop of mushrooming violence in Iraq that raised doubts about Bush's contention that progress is being made in Iraq.

Insurgents detonated three car bombs near a U.S. military convoy in Baghdad on Thursday, and most of the 41 dead were children. U.S. forces then launched a major offensive on the rebel stronghold of Samarra.

"In Iraq, no doubt about it, it's tough," Bush said. "It's hard work. It's incredibly hard. You know why? Because the enemy understands the stakes."

Kerry, asked what errors Bush had made in the war on terrorism, asked, "Where do you want me to begin?"

Public opinion polls consistently give Bush the lead in the race and show him competitive in several states that Democrat Al Gore won in 2000. Kerry campaign officials said their internal data showed the race basically tied.

Link:
        here

Now, check the bolded text. Tell me just what side the author's on. Nice interjection, fuckwad! It's basically a setup, giving the liberals in the press exactly what they want to run tomorrow's stories (and dicks like this won't even wait 'till tomorrow).

I'm extremely pleased with the way the President is handling this attack, but I'm also extremely pissed that the attack is taking place at all.

Comment

• crzefrmtheatgrl
          Head Fluffer
          • Sep 2004

bush keept going "uhhhhh.................... uh.........um. yeah" thats just juvinile

KERRY ROCKED THE HOUSE!!!!!!
          Last edited by crzefrmtheatgrl; 09-30-2004, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Don't forget Kerry's "someone's shining a q-beam on my tan in a can" persuasiveness.

Just mind numbing.....you could see the wheels turning.

It almost resembled sign language at one point.

Comment

• tobinentinc
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2004

I thought it was pretty even. The only reason people will say Kerry had the edge, was because of the questioning.
              http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

I don't believe at all the Kerry "Rocked the house".

If you were an anti-Busher before, you got what you wanted. But did he convince America that his behavior is just? I don't think so. Especially considering we're commited, and saying stuff like "It's the wrong war at the wrong time" (after urging Clinton to take Saddam out earlier) doesn't make the public feel comfortable in his "commitment to the troops".

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

And I'm not alone with my assessment of the questioning. It's apparently already pissed others off already...

Lehrer Stacks Deck Against Bush

Presidential debate moderator Jim Lehrer showed once again Thursday night why top aides to President Clinton used to call him "our moderator" when presidential debate time rolled around in 1996.

The questions, which Lehrer announced at the outset had been authored exclusively by him, were supposed to help the American people determine which candidate would be a better steward of U.S. national security in a post-9/11 world.

But there were no queries to Sen. Kerry about his long Senate record of voting against defense appropriations; or his sponsorship of a bill to cut CIA funding by 6 billion dollars a year after terrorists struck the World Trade Center in 1993; or Kerry's support of the nuclear freeze movement during the height of the Cold War.
                  Kerry wasn't asked why he teamed up with Jane Fonda to protest the Vietnam War while his band of brothers were still on the battlefield, or why he met with enemy leaders in Paris, or why he accused fellow soldiers of being "monsters" and "war criminals."

Most Americans would consider the answers to those questions extremely relevant to the selection of any U.S. commander-in-chief during a time of war.

But not Jim Lehrer. Instead, he focused on Iraq with question after question that suggested Bush had blown it.

Here's a sampling:

"You said there was a miscalculation in Iraq," Lehrer asked the president. "What was it and how did it happen?"

"What colossal misjudgments, in your opinion," Lehrer asked Kerry, "has President Bush made in these areas [Iraq]?"

To Bush: "Mr. President, has Iraq been worth the cost in American lives -10,052 - I mean 1,052 up to today?"

To Kerry: "You've repeatedly accused President Bush of lying to the American people on Iraq. Give us some examples of the president being untruthful on Iraq?"

Despite his focus on Iraq, however, Lehrer never asked why Kerry voted to authorize the war, then turned around and voted against the legislation to fund it. Or why he voted against authorization for the first Gulf War, even though President Bush's father had amassed just the kind of coalition Kerry says the U.S. needs now.

Likewise, the PBS host declined to ask Kerry about comments in recent days from French and German officials who announced they have no intention of sending troops to Iraq, even if Kerry is elected.

That's quite a stunning development, given that Kerry's Iraq policy rests almost solely on the promise that he'll persuade Old Europe to pitch in and take some of the load off U.S. forces.

But not stunning enough, apparently, to interest Mr. Lehrer.

Link: here

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Kerry led the debate the whole way, there's no question.

Junior was on the defensive, he was sweating, his jaw was clenching, and his face got red, he was so visibly pissed when Kerry called him out, and all he could do was push the stupid flip flopper crap.

Best part of the debate: When Kerry said Nuclear Proliferation was the greatest threat in the world today.... and Junior stumbled over the issue...

Because the dumb son of a bitch can't say "Nuclear"
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

John I haven't seen this debate yet but jeez are you saying you don't want to allow people to quiz your president? It's called democracy.

I'm no Kerry supporter either but asking why someone did or did not support Jane Fonda 30 years ago is less relevant than asking about Bush snorting coke and drinking like a maniac for many years.

The conduct of the war was a fuck up which no doubt history will agree on in the future. Whether you agree with going in or not someone fucked up big time on what was to happen when we won. I'm not saying that was Bush although if he wants to claim credit as C-in-C then he has to take the flack.

Where did all the insurgents come from?

The borders should have been secured.

The US military is outstanding at killing people but don't seem to be too hot on dealing with the aftermath.

Cheers!

Comment

• lesfunk
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The questions were extremely stacked against the President.
                        Kerry did a better job than I expected. He was articulate and well prepared.
                        I still ain't voting for him
                        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Kerry led the debate the whole way, there's no question.

Junior was on the defensive, he was sweating, his jaw was clenching, and his face got red, he was so visibly pissed when Kerry called him out, and all he could do was push the stupid flip flopper crap.

Best part of the debate: When Kerry said Nuclear Proliferation was the greatest threat in the world today.... and Junior stumbled over the issue...

Because the dumb son of a bitch can't say "Nuclear"
                          I agree 100%. I don't know what debate some of these other people were watching. Kerry came off 100 times better. Kerry answered every question asked of him. And I can say I now 100% realize every stance he has on things. All Bush referred to over and over was: "We will protect you." Good job so far. Bringing up that Iraq was handled badly was the perfect tactic for Kerry. Bringing up the fact that the military is locked down from doing anything else during this so-called time of protection was perfect. And at least Kerry spoke succinctly in every question asked of him. Bush stumbled, must have used about 1000 "uh"s, and also just repeated the same answer for half the questions.

Funny thing is, this was supposed to be the debate Bush was going to win. The next two are a shoe-in for Kerry. I mean...the economy? Bush really can't weasel his way out of that one, can he?

These debates will hopefully add that extra edge to the numbers. If the debates are significant at all, Bush will lose. He fucked up big time tonight.

Reminded me a lot of Clinton vs. Senior in 1992.
                          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• HELLVIS
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jul 2004

I do believe I heard Kerry say he supports proliferation.
                            Can't wait to see the transcripts.
                            He throws a punch.
                            He swings. I duck.
                            His fat ass falls...
                            Hey Sammy,you still SUCK!

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

JOHN KERRY handed President Bush his ASS in his HAT.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Comment

Working...