X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kcmusician
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2004

What's the deal with Eddie's guitars?

First he's with Kramer, then Peavey, now Charvel.... Why can't he make a guitar that a poor man like myself can afford? I mean fuck, I've bought all the albums he's made.... Cut me a little slack or some shit! Damn you Eddie!

Shaun
    "'Cause stayin' 'round here takes patience It's like a full time occupation"

- Diamond Dave
  • DLRdelight!
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

Because good guitars arnt cheap my friend. But then again he just wants money

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Well how do you explain Ed's first guitars that he recorded
      the masterpieces on ?? The frankenstrats, he used to boast
      abut putting then together for less than $200 dollars..
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

$200 was a bit of a stretch even in 1976 dollars...

He did use brand name parts on his first Frankenstrat, not sears crap....

Comment

• BlimpyCHIMP™
          Banned
          • May 2004

I USE MY PARTS ALL THE TIME AND THEY FUNCTION VERY WELL SO IM TOLD

HAHAHHAAA

Comment

• Vai7
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Oct 2004

He DID only use 200 $ on it. both neck and body were made of some great wood but because it was made by some small companys it wasn`t very expensive and you have to remember that the pickup was taken from his es335 so the pickup doesn`t count plus most of his sound actually came form his amp.
            If you don`t have a goal in life HELLYA welcome to the club sit down and have a beer...

Comment

• BrownSound1
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

Dude, I do not agree about the tone thing at all. Sure having a great amp helps, but you can't take a fucking Harmony guitar, plug into a Plexi, and have a killer tone. You've got to have good sounding stuff from top to bottom, because they are all pieces to the puzzle.

Comment

• Brett
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ed's original Frank was hardly shit. It had good fucking parts on it, starting with that old PAF.

Boogie Bodies who later sold their stuff to Charvel, sold Ed the neck and body, and they were both choice. They just happened to be a no name back then, we'd all kill for that vintage shit now at a reasonable price.

I agree with BS1. Shit guitars sound like shit, I don't care what kind of amp setup you have. Plug one of those plywood Rogue guitars into an old Marshall amp, and then plug an EBMM or a Wolfie into one and see the difference.
                Last edited by Brett; 10-16-2004, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

Plug 'er in!!!!

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
                    Boogie Bodies who later sold their stuff to Charvel, sold Ed the neck and body, and they were both choice. They just happened to be a no name back then, we'd all kill for that vintage shit now at a reasonable price.
                    Don't believe that shit you read on the Wayne Charvel website, Dave Law sold Ed parts, strings and albums before Doctor Music, when they were Much Music in Sierra Madre in back of the old theater.

If you want to verify that, you can call Dave at Crossroads Music in Monrovia, CA. he's known Ed now for a long long time.

Comment

• Brett
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Didn't read it on his site, probably just shit I've heard over the years.

I used to go to Dr. Music all the time, Much Music must have been before my time.

Whatever the truth may be, point is the parts weren't shit by any stretch.

Comment

• diamond den™

Re: What's the deal with Eddie's guitars?

Originally posted by kcmusician
                        First he's with Kramer, then Peavey, now Charvel.... Why can't he make a guitar that a poor man like myself can afford? I mean fuck, I've bought all the albums he's made.... Cut me a little slack or some shit! Damn you Eddie!

Shaun
                        Valerie wants more Alimony and Child Support that's why Eddie is Whoring his Legacy and Name to just about everything possible.

Comment

• manwiththedogs
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by diamond den™
                          Valerie wants more Alimony and Child Support that's why Eddie is Whoring his Legacy and Name to just about everything possible.

That`s probably also the best explanation for this past summers little joke as well.

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
                            Didn't read it on his site, probably just shit I've heard over the years.

I used to go to Dr. Music all the time, Much Music must have been before my time.
                            Ed used to say in fact, that he would stop by Dr Music to check for guitar parts.

Grover Jackson told me that when he first started, there were alot of mistake-bodies and mistake-necks (imperfect seconds) laying around the shop after he bought out Wayne.

He would go by the music stores with the regular deliveries and drop off boxfulls of "seconds", so whoever took 'em, that's where you got 'em.

Even working for Charvel in the early 80's the fuckers wouldn't let me BUY shit.. for cheap even! You would have to dumpster-dive for a second body or neck, and even then you would have a major rework piece on your hands. So this "seconds" bodies and necks thing was a real-deal, but of limited range of time which I'm thinking 1976-77.

Ed had a Les Paul, and an Ibanez Destroyer before THAT "$200 guitar" was even on the horizon in the form of parts, and both those guitars cost much more than that at the time you know..

Comment

• Brett
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Pretty interesting info.

Comment

Working...