San Francisco 1984 Masters tree

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lou

San Francisco 1984 Masters tree

For those of you who don't go over there, Tuesday 11:59 PM EDT is the deadline. Master copies, pretty much uncirculated (until now).
  • Rebel
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Feb 2004

Thanks Lou!
    The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• Lou

Glad one person cares. For you mp3 lovers, no it won't be put in mp3, sorry to say

Comment

• Cato
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

cunt
        Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Rebel
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou
          Glad one person cares. For you mp3 lovers, no it won't be put in mp3, sorry to say
          Damn, I was looking forward to listening to a 1984 master in.........mp3 format. Yes, the lovely clicks and hollow sound really add something

Comment

• Lou

I love the rough track transitions myself and inevitable missing songs. Hmm maybe I should reconsider. I don't want to get a reputation as an "mp3 hoarder" you know.

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by Cato
              cunt
              Yes, I'm a cunt for liberating something uncirculated, and I wish to preserve the quality. Damn if that makes me a cunt then I'm proud of it.

Comment

• Rebel
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                I love the rough track transitions myself and inevitable missing songs.
                LOL, nothing like HFT leading right into I'll Wait......

Comment

• Rebel
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Feb 2004

I just checked out the complete set, very cool stuff. I was just on DDLR forum, and it really sucks what Fletch ahs done apparently, but you mentioned in one post you haven't found anybody that he just "gave" stuff to. He gave me quite a bit of stuff when I started out for some blanks, he started out several traders I know. He didn't give me "rare" stuff or anything, but took time to burn me some good stuff to start out, so I can't say anything bad. As far as JB4TE goes, he told me he had to pay out of his ass for that stuff when we did that tree, so as far as I know he never claimed to have "masters" just copies of them.

Comment

• Lou

Well I'm glad he's done SOME good. But if you weighed the scales in terms of the good he's done versus the ripping off he's done, plus his arrogance in general, that scale's tipping to the negative. I've read countless posts here and otherwise of people saying they got ripped off.

Comment

• Lou

Also in terms of JBTE that's his problem if he paid for that. I just don't think it's right to have this attitude, "Well I paid for this bootleg so I'm gonna make money off of it." When he sells volumes and volumes of stuff I find it very hard to believe he's doing it for the community before doing it for himself.

Comment

• Rebel
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Feb 2004

I hear ya, it's kinda tough IMO, because I can see both sides of it. You know I'm one of the first to get ebay auctions shut down, especially when people d/l stuff off of STG, ET, etc. At the same time, if someone put in alot of time transferring audio or video, making DVD menus, cleaning sound and picture (all of which can be time consuming), I don't have a problem if they compensate their time. The stuff I've read on VHTrade though about sellers on EBay now asking buyers not to copy or trade is bullshit. If you trade for something, or somebody gives you something, and asks you not to trade it, that's cool, you shouldn't. But if you buy something, then you can do whatever you please with it. People are copying Star Wars Trilogy and PS2 games right now, so how in the world can some guy who recorded a show from 100 rows back and sell it to someone ask them not to copy it???? That's about the craziest shit I've heard so far.

Comment

• Lou

I can kinda see the DVD thing but then that means all along the DVD was done for personal gain and not the community, and that's shitty. And the bottom line is that no one's buying a DVD because you created it or transferred it, they're buying it for the music. Fletch didn't perform the concert so it's shitty to sell someone else's work. Fletch's work on those DVD's is entirely meaningless without the VH concert.

Anyway I'm attaching a picture of what an mp3 looks like on the color spectrum (just got an mp3-sourced show in a trade today, again. Of course Cato doesn't seem to see any harm in mp3 despite that but whatever). Notice how the frequencies above 16 Khz are just wiped the fuck out. Not a pretty sight is it, but I suppose mp3 lovers don't know the difference and take pride in not knowing the difference.

Comment

• pete
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                            I can kinda see the DVD thing but then that means all along the DVD was done for personal gain and not the community, and that's shitty. And the bottom line is that no one's buying a DVD because you created it or transferred it, they're buying it for the music. Fletch didn't perform the concert so it's shitty to sell someone else's work. Fletch's work on those DVD's is entirely meaningless without the VH concert.

Anyway I'm attaching a picture of what an mp3 looks like on the color spectrum (just got an mp3-sourced show in a trade today, again. Of course Cato doesn't seem to see any harm in mp3 despite that but whatever). Notice how the frequencies above 16 Khz are just wiped the fuck out. Not a pretty sight is it, but I suppose mp3 lovers don't know the difference and take pride in not knowing the difference.
                            Lou man

If a show was recorded on a shitty-ass cassette recorder in 1982 - anything above 16 khz is just noise anyway.

Comment

• Lou

Aw man don't tell you me you're alright with mp3.

Comment

Working...