• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scorpioboy33
    Commando
    • Jul 2004

What is the best selling Van Halen Album

Hi
    Just a quick thread, how many albums did 84 sell and the other VH albums compared to the Van Hagar shit?
    Thanks Bill
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

According to RIAA...

VH I - 10 mil (went over 10 mil in Aug. '96)
    VH II - 5 mil (went over 5 mil in May '04)
    WACF - 3 mil (went over 3 mil in Aug. '94)
    FW - 2 mil (went over 2 mil in Aug. '94)
    DD - 4 mil (went over 4 mil in May '98)
    1984 - 10 mil (went over 10 mil in Feb. '98)

Total Roth era - 34 million

5150 - 6 mil (went over 6 mil in May '04)
    OU812 - 4 mil - (went over 4 mil in May '04)
    FUCK - 3 mil - (went over 3 mil in Aug. '94)
    Balance - 3 mil - (went over 3 mil in May '04)

Total Hagar era - 16 million
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• CROWBAR
      Commando
      • Sep 2004

So, is it VH's first or, 1984??

by the time '84 rolled aroun', they were well established.

*****BUT*****

...aaand it's amighty big butt....

VAN HALEN'S FIRST....

STILL FUCKING RULES!!!

Comment

• scorpioboy33
        Commando
        • Jul 2004

thanks alot guys....need that for the eddie vh site

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

I saw the excuses over at the EVH site, Scorpioboy33. Ask that guy how VHI, without MTV videos or much initial radio play, has sold so many copies?!? FAIR WARNING is now over 3.4 million sold as well.
          ALSO, CLASSIC VAN HALEN wasn't out (other than 1984) during the heyday of MTV. VAN HALEN sold because of VAN HALEN'S LIVE SHOW, which DAVID LEE ROTH WAS A MAJOR PART OF. Why doesn't SPam sell after a couple of years? NOBODY CARES. This tour proves that the majority of Van Hagar fans have moved on and aren't looking back.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Comment

• Blacklisted
            Banned
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
            I saw the excuses over at the EVH site, Scorpioboy33. Ask that guy how VHI, without MTV videos or much initial radio play, has sold so many copies?!? FAIR WARNING is now over 3.4 million sold as well.
            ALSO, CLASSIC VAN HALEN wasn't out (other than 1984) during the heyday of MTV. VAN HALEN sold because of VAN HALEN'S LIVE SHOW, which DAVID LEE ROTH WAS A MAJOR PART OF. Why doesn't SPam sell after a couple of years? NOBODY CARES. This tour proves that the majority of Van Hagar fans have moved on and aren't looking back.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

So true man... I dont think you could have said it better.

Comment

• Blacklisted
              Banned
              • Sep 2004

Oh and I heard Sammy Hagar use to suck cock for bus fare and then walk home.

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                Veteran
                • Jul 2004

Hagar's dead.

Comment

• hard rock
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Oct 2004

No one sells a gazilion records any more unless there sleeping with britney spears. Look at all the mega selling stars of 70`s and 80`s rock ie def leppard there pretty much the same band from their heyday minus steve clark but they dont sell. even aerosmith who was laughing all the way to the bank in the late 80`s to 90`s dont sell a zillion records the industry is just not the same any more. David use to sell good at the start of his solo career and now poof no more. I think even if dlr would get back to VH the numbers would not be that big. look at kiss psycho circus everyone wanted the original 4 guys and the album sold at a moderate rate.

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Metallica
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

AC/DC
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

Dare I say Kiss still sellls millions. No?
                        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          According to RIAA...

FW - 2 mil (went over 2 mil in Aug. '94)
                          I am always surprised that FW didn't sell better. Every song on that album is killer.

what do you think the reason for that is? poor publicity?

sometimes when I am talking rock with folks, I'll tell them to check out VH's FW, best album on the planet, and they look at me like "never heard of it" . Once they check it out though, they love it.
                          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• interceptor
                            Groupie
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                            I am always surprised that FW didn't sell better. Every song on that album is killer.

what do you think the reason for that is? poor publicity?

sometimes when I am talking rock with folks, I'll tell them to check out VH's FW, best album on the planet, and they look at me like "never heard of it" . Once they check it out though, they love it.
                            I think it just didn't have that "pop" sounding hit that some of the other albums had. Diver Down, for example. I don't know of any VH fans that would say DD (although a great album, IMO) was better than Fair Warning, but it had the smash single Pretty Woman, along with Dancin in the Street, so as a result it sold nearly twice as many copies to the casual fans.

Comment

Working...