PDA

View Full Version : Phillies Fire Bowa with 2 games left

POJO_Risin
10-02-2004, 07:55 PM
you don't think they coulda figured this shit out a few months earlier?

Christ...and then shitcan him before the end of the season...

lmfao...

what a great bunch of administrators you have in the front office of the Phillies...

christ...

No wonder Rolen wanted out...

oh wait...that was Bowa...;)

Lou
10-03-2004, 12:33 AM
I hate Ed Wade. If Bowa goes then so should him. Worst GM in the game. I wonder if, when the trade deadline passes and he gets middle-aged middle relievers every year, if he sincerely thinks that that's gonna do it or that he couldn't have done anymore. I wonder if he really believes that the Phillies' philosophy in general of how to run a ballclub is fine, and it's simply bad luck and injuries that prevent it from working every year.

Anytime this fucker has any type of challenge in front of him, forget it. He can't do it. He has no clue how to handle things during the season. What an idiot. And he just kisses management's ass and they love that, so he's not going anywhere. I can't stand it!

POJO_Risin
10-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Well...any ideas who they are looking at to manage the Phillies next year?

Schmidt perhaps?

Lou
10-03-2004, 01:28 AM
No chance of that, Schmidt quit on a minor league team. Probably will be someone average as always. Jim Fregosi's name is being thrown around again--shows you they ain't getting a REAL manager.

POJO_Risin
10-03-2004, 01:42 AM
Fregosi? You have got to be kidding me...I didn't realize that Schmidt quit...I'm surprised that it wasn't made a big deal of...or maybe it was...and I just wasn't paying any attention...

Bobby Valentine's name has been bantered about for the Met's job again...perhaps the Phillies?

Not that he's the answer...but at least he's amusing...and a lot like Bowa in many ways...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-03-2004, 07:35 AM
Someone tell Bowa to hit the PA Turnpike and head west....

I'd take Bowa over that idiot McClendon any day of the week....

POJO_Risin
10-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Ugh...Bowa would be a horrible addition to the Buccos...

Not any better than McClendon IMO...

the Pirates mistake was not getting Garner...who would have been perfect for that team...

McClendon is a bum...

Bob_R
10-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Why the fuck did they fire him with 2 games left in the season? I don't get it? Is that supposed to send a message to the team? Or is it financial obligations?

POJO_Risin
10-03-2004, 11:54 AM
I'm sure it was meant to send a message to the PUBLIC...

we're going to make a change...

to me...it came about 4 months...hell...a season to early...

Philadelphia's window just closed...

I'm not sure what the fuck they were thinking...

Lou
10-03-2004, 12:39 PM
The "official" story is that Bowa asked Wade point blank on Saturday if he was coming back and Wade told him that he was fired. Supposedly Wade wanted to wait until after today but asked point blank, he had to tell him the truth.

POJO_Risin
10-03-2004, 12:43 PM
I could see that...I think that happened with the Tribe a few years ago...with Manuel...but it was at the All-Star Break I believe...

they weren't ready to do it...but he asked point blank...lmfao...so they told him...