PDA

View Full Version : Who beter on guitar, the current Eddie Van Halen or Esteban?

Nitro Express
10-05-2004, 04:45 PM
We all know Eddie was untouchable in his prime years many moons ago but if Eddie went up against Esteban today in a one on one guitar dual, who would win?

guwapo_rocker
10-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
We all know Eddie was untouchable in his prime years many moons ago but if Eddie went up against Esteban today in a one on one guitar dual, who would win?

Gloria Esteban?

Nitro Express
10-05-2004, 05:06 PM
She even could kick Eddie's nowadays. Hell the woman survived having her tour bus crushed by an 18 wheeler. Nothing has to run into Ed or fall out of the sky and hit him. He had everything a person ever could want: Talent, wealth, loyal fans, married to famouse actress, a founding member of one of rock and roll's most famouse bands, one of rock and roll's best frontmen. Eddie had it all and lost it all himself. Nobody took it from him, he pissed it away.

Goria had a good career and then that big truck hit her, broke her spine. She worked, scratched, and fought back but even at that, her career didn't last forever and now she is Gloria who?

Eddie still could be a huge star and Van Halen could be a ledgend. That was all there for him to take but he not only ignored it, he killed it.

alexpgrimes
10-05-2004, 05:08 PM
I go with Estaban. That guy rocks...lol

CROWBAR
10-05-2004, 05:38 PM
WOT ALICE? :D

Kristy
10-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Definitely Esteban! I mean, anyone who can go on national TV and sell the junk that he does without a shread of shame gets my vote!

DLR_EngineRoom
10-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

hmmmm.....lemme see......the facts are.....

As of his most recent tour, Eddie cannot even play his own material properly

or

Esteban, despite his accident, still plays guitar fluently.....

there's the facts......now you decide....

ROTHandRoll
10-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Esteban by a pube

badhorsie
10-05-2004, 06:49 PM
That guy esteban is decent. But ive heard and seen TONS of more talented "classical" guitarists.

I'll vote for EVH because he at least plays his own material (except YRGM) while esteban plays lullabys and other lame tunes.

djhbk
10-06-2004, 12:40 AM
I swear to jesus...if i hear house of the rising sun being played by that dude...who may or may not be blind- I haven't figured it out yet, by esteban, I will hit him in face with one of his $10 made-in-indonesia-by a-7-year-old guitars, that at $100 FOR A GUITAR, A CASE, an "enormous" amp roughly the size of a small rodent and estban personally teaching it to you.....

bueno bob
10-06-2004, 02:49 PM
Esteban is my friend!

I want a sixteen dollar guitar for $100!

And I want to learn how to play like a "Pro" in a week, too!

And I want a huge amp that'll fit in a shoebox that's gonna pop in a week, too!

Wait a minute...do I get the Ginsu knives, too?

Truth be told, it's no worse than listening to Ed play these days.

Matt White
10-06-2004, 03:06 PM
I'd rather listen to Tiny Tim than EVH "RIGHT NOW"!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

scottydabodi
10-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Eddie vs. Esteban... Well, Esteban translates to Steve in English, so I'd go with Steve... Vai that is. Kudos to Matt for the Tiny Tim reference!! Me too!

BrownSound1
10-06-2004, 11:38 PM
I can't believe this was even brought up...I'm going to be the lone wolf and say I'd rather hear EVH...even today than Esteban and his flying monkey circus of wild 10$ guitars.

scottydabodi
10-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Esteban Vai!! On a $10 Ibanez!!!

Kristy
10-07-2004, 12:24 AM
Damn you, djhbk and bueno bob! When I read that I laughed so hard I spilled my coffee all over my skirt. Oh well, I've been needing to go to the dry cleaners anyway.

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Kristy
Damn you, djhbk and bueno bob! When I read that I laughed so hard I spilled my coffee all over my skirt. Oh well, I've been needing to go to the dry cleaners anyway.

We aim to please :)

diamond den™
10-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Esteban can PROBABLY play Unchained. Eddie can't Anymore.

GAR
10-19-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by diamond den™
Esteban can PROBABLY play Unchained. Eddie can't Anymore.

point made, point taken

http://www.guitarimports.com/comparison-esteban.htm

kcmusician
10-20-2004, 04:37 AM
Eddie is, was, and always will be THE SHIT! There is no one greater, and there will NEVER be!

Shaun

Panamark
10-20-2004, 05:04 AM
Eddie was. But can he be again ?

kcmusician
10-20-2004, 05:05 AM
Without a doubt my friend, without a doubt.... He just needs someone in his corner.

Shaun

scottydabodi
10-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by kcmusician
Without a doubt my friend, without a doubt.... He just needs someone in his corner.

Shaun

Someone in his corner, namely David Lee Roth.

diamond den™
10-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by kcmusician

Shaun

A Fucking Bartender.....