PDA

View Full Version : BOBW sales thru 11 weeks

Bob_R
10-06-2004, 02:11 PM
A good friend of mine emailed me this info. Don't get me wrong I don't have inside info. He just knows I'm a VH fan so he figured I'd like to know.

BOBW sells only 9,946 copies this past week. Total sales are now 403,853.

I don't find this to be earth shattering news. A greatest hits was bound to start spiraling downward eventually. Especially considering it's almost a carbon copy of BOV I.

TongueNGroove
10-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Yep, not great news, but atleast it still sold 10,000 copies this week, that's not too bad.

RogueHorseman
10-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
Yep, not great news, but atleast it still sold 10,000 copies this week, that's not too bad.

~sigh~

Patrick the apologist -- "party" on, dude...

bueno bob
10-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Oh lord...

400,000 total? What a fucking dismal failure...and with three new tracks after a seven year hiatus, no less.

I bought that many copies of BOV1 MYSELF on the first day :D

Disgustingly bad, and you KNOW Warner Bros. has to be pissed about that...the collective office heads are breathing a BIG sigh of relief that they dropped them right about now.

It ain't getting any better, kids...they should have known better than to put out another greatest hits album, anyway. Stupid, stupid move...if they took off 7 years to work on personal problems and do nothing, they could have taken another 7 months off to at least record a full length LP.

Not that that would have made any difference, considering the three new tracks. Garbage, all around and everywhere.

Fucking pathetic.

David? Your phone's ringing...

Thetruthbaby
10-06-2004, 02:35 PM
BOBW is a failure. 3 new tracks from VHagar have failed to raise any significant excitement. And 3 new tracks is pretty substantial in terms of material. Especially after almost a decade apart (vhagar). When DLR came back for 2 new tracks the album shot to #1 and the songs were getting good airplay and requests. Totally the opposite for this new batch of tunes. I actually hope like hell VHagar do a new album. WHEN IT TANKS I'll just sit back laughing at all of the VHagar fans and their excuses.

Matt White
10-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC

BOBW sells only 9,946 copies this past week. Total sales are now 403,853.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!:lol : :bananna: :lol:
Where's all the Spammy fans?!? Surely, those 3 NEW tunes were SO stellar that the SHEEP would be DYING to own them?!?!
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Van Hagar: Going....Going.......

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!

Panamark
10-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Has there been as many units sold as the bands previous, recognized commercial disaster, VHIII ??

I think no. We all predicted it wouldnt outsell VHIII> (Dont give me your double CD bullshit either). Less people have purchased this than Ga y Cherone and the "boys".

Whats different about this over BOV1. BOV1 had the original band playing two new tracks !!!! Great stuff..

This has three new piece of shit songs from a reformed band that
was on a downward spiral when they split anyways.

I wonder if Alice and Edwina have had their realization moment yet ?

RogueHorseman
10-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Panamark

Ed had his about 35 seconds into the Greensboro show...

Big Troubles
10-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Has there been as many units sold as the bands previous, recognized commercial disaster, VHIII ??

I think no. We all predicted it wouldnt outsell VHIII> (Dont give me your double CD bullshit either). Less people have purchased this than Ga y Cherone and the "boys".

Whats different about this over BOV1. BOV1 had the original band playing two new tracks !!!! Great stuff..

This has three new piece of shit songs from a reformed band that
was on a downward spiral when they split anyways.

Yeah but dont tell this to Gene Simmons. He still eating Sams shit sandwich and wiping his mouth with Ed's jock. I think Gene has a nice sized hate-on for Dave from the late 70's. BOV1 sold what? 2 million? BOV2 has a ways to go. :D

scubaa
10-07-2004, 11:49 AM
I must ask this .....how many has DLR sold this week??? fuck he would be lucky to sell 10,000 in 5 years ...long live Van Halen with Sammy !

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by scubaa
I must ask this .....how many has DLR sold this week??? fuck he would be lucky to sell 10,000 in 5 years ...long live Van Halen with Sammy !

Um, in case you missed it, David Lee Roth material sold 10,000 units this week in the form of BOBW. Ain't great numbers, though, but hell, there isn't any new DLR material on it, either, so what did you expect? :)

Matt White
10-07-2004, 11:56 AM

ScrotumSteve, back for more highjinks. Must be another slow day over at the Vhstinks. Feebleminded Lillipution asperations.
FUCK YOU Van Hagar SHEEP!!!!

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 11:59 AM
Actually, it's been pretty well established over a 40 year history that, by most technical standards, the most accomplished musicians with the most interesting music don't sell a lot of records traditionally. Musicial geniuses are hard to market to SHEEP!

BWAHAHAHAHA....

Matt White
10-07-2004, 12:00 PM
I must ask this .....how many has DLR sold this week??? fuck he would be lucky to sell 10,000 in 5 years

That 10,000? Sold mainly due to the DAVID LEE ROTH SONGS on that compilation. It ain't due to "UP-CHUCK for Breakfast" MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE, SHEEP MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

scubaa
10-07-2004, 12:01 PM
just a question , and no it is fully realized how many cds were sold this week, hey be happy DLR is now earning some cash so he can continue

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 12:04 PM
David doesn't NEED money. He's actually invested it wisely over the years, unlike CERTAIN OTHER PEOPLE, so now it's not even an issue to him.

Get a fuckin' clue, nimrod. Better yet, get your ass oiled up and get back to the links...Brett's waiting, baby...

Matt White
10-07-2004, 12:07 PM
"RIGHT NOW"-EVH is lying in a pool of his own VOMIT.
- Spammy is looking for the nearest McDonalds.
-And looking his road crew.
-Shemp is bitching that HE is "In Charge!!"
-nobody CARES what MIKEY is doing.

Another 5,000 to see the "SHAM HALEN FLEECE THE SHEEP tour" tonight.
"It's 5150 Time" is the announcing of the NIGHTS ATTENDANCE!!!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 12:18 PM
:D

Matt, sometimes I just love you, man!

"5150" isn't Van Hagar's battle cry anymore, it's their fucking attendance!!!

I love it!

Sorry it took me so long to get a vote to you, dude, but there's one big 5 star that's well deserved!

Matt White
10-07-2004, 12:45 PM
ROTH ON BOB!!!!

"It's 5,150 TIME!!!'
"Spam could imadate DAVE, and change it to fit their PATHETIC tour:
"Look at all the EMPTY seats here tonight!!!"
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!