X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Who'd Win In A "Bitch-Off" Contest?

Would it be Eddie "it's not my fault" Van Halen for making sure he rips off his band mates and just about anyone who has ever come into contact with him or the great, Bo Diddley for being sorely ripped off by just about...everybody?

No disrespect to Bo Diddley (I really wanted an excuse for putting his picture up) but he is one bitter, bitter man! Sure, all those pussy limey musicians stole from him (can you say Keith Richards, Dave Davies?) but Bo, you are an original, just like Eddie once was - for the love of God please do not turn into him!*

*It's all times like these I wish I was a bigger Van Halen fan so I'd have something relevant to post.
  • scottydabodi
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

My question is who'd win in a BITCH-ASS competition: Alex vs. Sam.
    If you listen to fools
    The Mob Rules

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Didn't you mean a "bitch-slap ass" competition?

Comment

• scottydabodi
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Hmm... Yes, I would indeed love to backhand BOTH of those fucken morons. Good Point!!
        If you listen to fools
        The Mob Rules

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by scottydabodi
          Hmm... Yes, I would indeed love to backhand BOTH of those fucken morons. Good Point!!
          Amen to that.
          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Bo's got, what, 50 years worth of material more than Ed does to bitch about?

Bo KNOWS bitchin'!
            And in his case, rightfully so.

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

You would think Bo could afford a guitar by now !
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's really a crime that most of the fore-fathers of blues and rock were severely ripped off by the music industry and also their fellow musicians... there's a lot of rich assholes around or their families living off of the blood, sweat and tears of most the great blues artists... Simply a pathetic crime...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Well said, ZahZoo. I mean, don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore Bo Diddley. I saw him play live in my freshman year of college in a small club with about 200 people and he had everyone in there jumping and dancing and it was by far one of the best shows I ever seen.

I guess my point was if anyone has a right to bitch, it would be Bo for the fact that he has been ripped-off. This is the reason why I don't like limey musicians very much for when they spew such shit as "we sold America's music back to them." That is complete horseshit. What they did was "sell" black music played by white people to a larger white audience that didn't know any better and made all sorts of money in the process while the ones who invented it died penniless, homeless and largely forgotten.

Bo recently said in an interview that he is owed about $8 million dollars for being stole from that way he has. Personally, I think the guy should get a lot more. The only thing that bothered me is that Bo seemed to bitter about it and for a guy whose music brought so much joy into so many people's lives, it would just suck for him to be remembered that way.

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                    I guess my point was if anyone has a right to bitch, it would be Bo for the fact that he has been ripped-off. This is the reason why I don't like limey musicians very much for when they spew such shit as "we sold America's music back to them." That is complete horseshit. What they did was "sell" black music played by white people to a larger white audience that didn't know any better and made all sorts of money in the process while the ones who invented it died penniless, homeless and largely forgotten.
                    Ain't that the Gods honest truth...Kristy, if I could vote for you twice, I'd do it right now...

Regardless, Bo's going to be remembered for the music by the masses of people, I'd imagine.
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Mezro
                      Full Member Status

• May 2004

Re: Who'd Win In A "Bitch-Off" Contest?

No disrespect to Bo Diddley (I really wanted an excuse for putting his picture up) but he is one bitter, bitter man! Sure, all those pussy limey musicians stole from him but Bo, you are an original, just like Eddie once was - for the love of God please do not turn into him!*
                      Guys like Bo usually start the "bitter/fuck the world" routine when they lose all their money.

I'm sure Bo has been ripped off by managers, paid off ex-wives, ignored paying taxes until penalties choked him and generally mismanaged his funds into oblivion.

Mezro...Bo knows guitar but don't know how to read a financial statement...
                      Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Bo don't know wise investment policies...

Bo don't know misrepresentation on behalf of managers and promoters...

Bo knows PISSED!

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I wish they had a college course for exploitation.
                          gnaw on it

Comment

• Mezro
                            Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                            I wish they had a college course for exploitation.
                            They do: it's called affirmative action 101.

Mezro...the buck stops where the truth starts...
                            Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Feb 2004

Re: Who'd Win In A "Bitch-Off" Contest?

No disrespect to Bo Diddley (I really wanted an excuse for putting his picture up) but he is one bitter, bitter man! Sure, all those pussy limey musicians stole from him (can you say Keith Richards, Dave Davies?)
                              Last I checked, the first "pussy limey" to rip off music from Afro-Americans was Elvis - oh, but wait - he wasn't British - he was American.

You can bash the "pussy limeys" all you want, but the bottom line is that without them, Rock and Roll would not be what it is today.

If Bo is bitter, he should stop whining because as far as I can see, he was able to make a living playing music, which is a heck of a lot better than 99% of musicians out there.
                              http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

Working...