PDA

View Full Version : More On The 1996 GW Interview With Eddie

Kristy
10-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Oh, you'll Love what Eddie says next...

GW: "So you and Dave were able to put the past and all the acrimony behind you?"

The Douchebag: Well, we could go out there and make a killing on tour with Roth, but we're not a nostalgia band. I would never just take somebody's money for playing old songs to bring back memories. Memories are memories, to be left memories. If we ever did that with Roth, we'd have to write a new record and eventually play a few of the old tunes. I am sure a lot of the fans of the band would love to see it - but some things, like I said, are better left to memory."

So what do you call what you are doing tour on tour now, Eddie? I call it "selling out" and I don't mean ticket sales. And, as far as not "taking somebody's money for playing old songs to bring back memories" - er...HELLO!

GW: "So are ever going to make a new record with David or was there some sort of a fracture?"

The Lying Dutchman: "Everything went to shit at the MTV Video Awards; we started doing interviews and *I* was just telling the truth. I said, 'if we do a tour we'll have to write a new record but before any of that can happen, I have a hip-replacement surgery scheduled for December 16, and that's going to put me out of commission for four to six months.' So after doing a couple of interviews, Dave's attitude suddenly changed. I approached him and asked him what was wrong to which he said, 'Well, what's the deal with the hip thing? [sic] Would you stop bringing it up?' I said, 'Okay, no problem. In the next interview I won't say a word about my hip.' He turned to me and said, 'You fucking better not.' And man, I completely lost it! I yelled, 'You motherfucker! Don't you EVER talk to me or anybody like that again. Don't bother calling me anymore!' I thought he had changed but two minutes on the awards stage and a half-assed standing ovation he turned right back into the old Dave I hated."

So basically what happened is Dave told Eddie to stop whining, to quit acting like a little bitch and Eddie took his ball and went home. By the way, what do you say to the fact that the "half-assed standing ovation" was half-assed because it wasn't for Eddie (or the other members of Van Halen for that matter) made him all the more bitter?

GW: "In previous interviews, you've said that you didn't want to do a 'Greatest Hits' album."

Mr. Shit For Brains: "I changed my mind. What's wrong with that?"

I'll let you take that comment for what you will.

GW: "Looking at the 'Greatest Hits' album, did you have any sense that over 20 years ago of the volume of music you would create? Could you see that far down the road at all?"

The Sister: "Believe it or not, since I've gotten sober I don't think I've done anything. I feel like I'm just starting."

Well I'm sure you'll let us know when you get around to doing that, Eddie.

(there is little more and I may post it later - right now I am running late for work so I hoped you at least enjoyed that.)

Matt White
10-07-2004, 02:21 PM
GOOD WORK KRISTY!!!
5 star vote for 'a!!!

"I thought he had changed but two minutes on the awards stage and a half-assed standing ovation he turned right back into the old Dave I hated."
Yup, that stuck out in my mind back in '96 when I read that interview in GUITARWORLD. Half-assed?!? Nice way to talk about the "fans". A righteous guy that EVH. NOT jaded at all. NOT A ROCK STAR!!!! What a pompous pile of shit. No wonder this guy thinks he's Beethoven.
I hope the piss-poor reaction to this SHAM HALEN tour has bitch-slapped him back to reality. MOre likely, he'll just pack it in. Go home and play the BAVARIAN CHEESE WHISTLE like he promised to.

FUCK YOU EVH!!!!!

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 02:32 PM
I wish, right now, that I had Ed's e-mail address to send that to him...

What a snotty little bitch.

Jesus.

EmpyreLounge44
10-07-2004, 02:55 PM
well it wasnt fans that were giving the half assed ovation...it was billy corgan,some industry people...it wasnt everyone if i remember correctly. i would love to see video again, it certainly wasnt a full fledged standing O

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Who was it that got arrested that night for refusing to come off the rafter because VH didn't get to play? Wasn't it Dave Grohl or somebody?

EmpyreLounge44
10-07-2004, 03:05 PM
nope...nobody climbed anything that night. guy from rage did it like 5 years later when they didnt win an award & limp bizkit did

guwapo_rocker
10-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I wish, right now, that I had Ed's e-mail address to send that to him...

What a snotty little bitch.

Jesus.

drunkenlyingassholecunt@aol.com

Matt White
10-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
well it wasnt fans that were giving the half assed ovation...it was billy corgan,some industry people...it wasnt everyone if i remember correctly. i would love to see video again, it certainly wasnt a full fledged standing O

Got it on tape. STANDING OVATION. Industry people & FANS alike. CHRIS ROCK!!! Pointing and going "FUCK YEAH!!!!"
EVH is an megomanical PRICK. A ROCK STAR. Too jaded to realize that the ovation was for VAN HALEN. DAVE steps up to the mike and EVH & SHEMP flinch. Remeber," I'm the front in Van Halen and I always will be the front in Van Halen." -- DLR 1997

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

EmpyreLounge44
10-07-2004, 04:05 PM
i do remember chris rock now thta you say that. But then again Chris Rock was recently back stage hanging out with Mike and Sam.

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
drunkenlyingassholecunt@aol.com

Now just who exactly did I sent that hate mail to? :D

Matt White
10-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
i do remember chris rock now thta you say that. But then again Chris Rock was recently back stage hanging out with Mike and Sam.

Probably askin,"WHERE THE FUCK IS DAVID LEE ROTH?!?! DAVE IS VAN HALEN!!!! MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!"
The ovation was spontaneous, and EVH & SHEMP proved what callous ROCK STARS they are by their indifference towards the fans. FUCK THE SISTERS!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOHTERFUCKERS!!!!

DavidLeeNatra
10-07-2004, 06:51 PM
the standing ovation started when dave entered the stage...and as many times I watch it...I can't find anybody sitting on his fucking chair...it was "half assed" for ed because dave was the reason for the crowd to jump up...and then the lying dutchmen go the microphone and say shit like "hi wolfie" while dave is working the audience to the climax...this is rock'n'roll, you fuckers...not "happy-with-the-family-kindergarden"

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
...this is rock'n'roll, you fuckers...not "happy-with-the-family-kindergarden"

Van Halen has always been intimidated by the ever-present shadow of Roth looming over the band. In 96, their worst fears were confirmed - they may have had some degree of success with Hagar, but it was very superficial success compared to the ORIGINAL Van Halen magic.

Considering all of Ed's insecurities, it's no wonder he tried to write it off as "half-assed" - it's a self defense mechanism. He'd worked for so long to be the epitamy and fulcrum point of all things Van Halen, and Hagar and Co. had worked for so long trying to erase the Roth history and dismiss him outright....then here comes Roth on stage with them and the truth becomes monumentally apparent.

It's no small wonder Ed didn't drop dead of heart failure right then and there.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Got it on tape. STANDING OVATION. Industry people & FANS alike. CHRIS ROCK!!! Pointing and going "FUCK YEAH!!!!"
EVH is an megomanical PRICK. A ROCK STAR. Too jaded to realize that the ovation was for VAN HALEN. DAVE steps up to the mike and EVH & SHEMP flinch. Remeber," I'm the front in Van Halen and I always will be the front in Van Halen." -- DLR 1997

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Amen bro, no half-assing there....

Ed seemed uncomfortable, no doubt about it...

And, as unmasculine as it sounds, but even his alcoholic ass can't deny that big hug those two did onstage was classic.....

Alex was laughing and joking with Dave almost the whole time....

So they can pipe off all they want about how they 'KNEW' that it was only the two songs with Roth, but inside they knew what was best for the BAND...

But I guess that's just not important to them anymore....

Nitro Express
10-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Eddie is playing the cheese whistle. Sammy Hagar is the cheese whistle and you play it by giving it a blow job.