PDA

View Full Version : Going, Going, Gone....Out of the top 100

redballjet
10-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Just checked Billboard Albums and BOBW has exited the top 100

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 04:20 PM
And the only four people surprised by that are the sisters and those two fat fucks with them :)

fanofdave
10-07-2004, 04:35 PM
what a pathetic display of mediocrity for the van haggis
love ballad machine. Hey Diamond Dave, care to show
the kiddies at the 5150 retread department how rock and
roll is done?

Panamark
10-07-2004, 05:10 PM
It couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of scam artists.

BARE BONE
10-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
And the only four people surprised by that are the sisters and those two fat fucks with them :)
:lol:

Warham
10-07-2004, 05:52 PM
What a disaster. Good riddance.

Matt White
10-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Karma's a BITCH!!!

FUCK YOU VAN HAGAR

RogueHorseman
10-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Karma's a BITCH!!!

Damn straight.

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 07:35 PM
I continually find it amazing that the sisters can be so blind to the obvious. Van Halen 3 has now, pretty much without any room for doubt, eclipsed BOBW in sales and that AFTER a six year layoff and a REUNION with Hagar, no less.

VERY dismal to say the least.

It should be blatantly clear that the general public is not interested in a Sammy Hagar fronted Van Halen. There is no other possible explanation for the poor performance of the album on radio and Billboard charts.

I really wish somebody would confront Van Halen with this information. Anybody from WB exec's to Irving Azoff to any Joe Dick interviewer, ANYONE at all. I do hope it's somebody in a higher place that they HAVE to listen to and not just walk out on or spin it in their own direction.

Well, until then, I guess Sanctuary will be a fine new home for all new Van Halen releases sans Roth... :rolleyes:

darkknight
10-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Believe me, WB isn't going to sit around and take this one up the ass. Not that they had much invested anyway since it's a collection of retreads and 3 horribly written and recorded "songs". WB didn't have much to lose on this one but they're not going to be investing in this band in the future.

Nitro Express
10-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Hey Sammy, it's been legal to drive over 55 for years, your songs are old and so are you. Why don't you just move to Mexico permanently if you love it so much. I hear theres a nice old folks retirement community in Guadalajara.

sambo
10-07-2004, 09:42 PM
I don't think BOBW even made a dent in the charts in Australia, and still have not heard one new Van Hagar song on Aust. radio.

Actually, the last Van Hagar song I heard on the radio was Poundcake in 1992.

I did hear Panama on the radio last weekend.. what does that tell you? ;)

Halen High
10-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I posted BOBW's pathetic Aussie performance in another thread. And it was pathetic. From memory, it peaked at no. 31 and dropped out of the top 50 after only 2 weeks. Returned for another 2 weeks before disappearing for good. As a comparison, GnR's Greatest Hits made the top 10 and spent several months in the top 50.

And I've still not heard one of the new Van Hagar abominations on the radio.

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 10:08 PM
You ain't missing nothing...but for what its worth, I haven't heard it here in the PNW either.

Halen High
10-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by sambo
I don't think BOBW even made a dent in the charts in Australia, and still have not heard one new Van Hagar song on Aust. radio.

Every Saturday night I have 102FM's 'Party Mix' on and they always play Jump. They also regularly play Just a Gigolo, California Girls and Just Like Paradise. Never hear any Van Hagar, let alone Sammy solo!

Halen High
10-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
You ain't missing nothing...but for what its worth, I haven't heard it here in the PNW either.

Lucky you! I went to my local music store, put the headphones on and tried to listen to them with an open mind, but they are truly too horrible for any hope of airplay on Aussie radio.

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much the general consensus it got on the radio here, from what my buddy here tells me. They (the rock/nu-metal channel) played it once, opened the lines, and the results were, ahem, less than outstanding, shall we say?

The DJs fucking hated it. Apparently it hasn't been played since.

Actually, that's kinder than they were when Van Halen came into the KUFO studios back in 98. The interview (and I used to have it on tape but lost it somewhere) basically started out as usual and then the DJ asked:

DJ: "So what happened?"
Ed: "What's that?"
DJ" "What happened on the album, uh, 3?"
Ed: "Well, we spent some time writing and then we went to record..."
DJ: "No, no, not that."
Gary: "So, what then?"
DJ: "Why does the album...SUCK SO MUCH? Seriously, this is just pathetic..."

(silence for about a minute)

DJ: "Well, Eddie Van Halen and his new vocalist, ex Extreme frontman Gary Cherone have just, uh, walked out of the studio...it really IS a gay album, man, seriously...ANYWAY, coming up next we got..." so on and so forth.

True story! :)

sambo
10-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Halen High
Every Saturday night I have 102FM's 'Party Mix' on and they always play Jump. They also regularly play Just a Gigolo, California Girls and Just Like Paradise. Never hear any Van Hagar, let alone Sammy solo!

Yep, Van Hagar songs have NO LEGS!. Spammy has done a sensational job of overlaying his shit lyrics on what could have been another decade of classic songs.. well done..

BIG GOOSE
10-08-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by sambo

Fuck they died in the arse after 5150 here.
I've never heard any VHagar since "Dreams" when I was 18,I'm nearly 37.The bits I heard in the Sam & Dave doc. was enough to tell me I made the right choice way back in '86.BOBW has been nothing short of a sales disaster here,we here in Australia never bought that VHagar shit after '86.It was a case of fool me once NOT twice.The Roth era is the only one that counts here.The BOV1 went platinum here in '97(I'll give you 2 guesses why).This tumour(BOBW) was excised by the Australian music buying public quick start.

VAN HALEN IS EVH,AVH,MA and.........DAVID LEE ROTH

AUSTRALIA ACCEPTS NO SUBSTITUTES