X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antman
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

Do we really want Dave back?

I mean seriously. We're rippin them now because it seems like they're imploding and this was all a cash grab. What, it wouldn't be the same thing with Dave? It's been no secret that Dave and VH don't get along. Never really have. The whole Sammy love fest was a crock of shit to begin with. Sammy knows no one gives a shit about him either in or out of VH but that's the only way people will see him and Sam still believes they're coming to see him. What makes anyone think it could work with Dave? Would Dave even want to go back under those circumstances? Chances are, the same thing would happen. Only Dave would have the balls to stand up to the brothers fuck and bail before the VH legacy is killed off for good. I don't think Dave would want to get into anything that wouldn't work because he seems to really give a shit about the fans. I could care less about his voice. I personally think he would sound fine in the studio and live, who really cares how he sounds? Dave IS the show and he would bring it every night one way or another. It's Ed who obviously can't cut it anymore. So my question remains: Do we really want a reunion? Ideally we do, with everyone being on the same page musically cause we know they'll never get along. Yet I think we all know that it just won't work and it's not because of Dave.
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.
  • tjvhou812
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Antman
    I mean seriously. We're rippin them now because it seems like they're imploding and this was all a cash grab. What, it wouldn't be the same thing with Dave? It's been no secret that Dave and VH don't get along. Never really have. The whole Sammy love fest was a crock of shit to begin with. Sammy knows no one gives a shit about him either in or out of VH but that's the only way people will see him and Sam still believes they're coming to see him. What makes anyone think it could work with Dave? Would Dave even want to go back under those circumstances? Chances are, the same thing would happen. Only Dave would have the balls to stand up to the brothers fuck and bail before the VH legacy is killed off for good. I don't think Dave would want to get into anything that wouldn't work because he seems to really give a shit about the fans. I could care less about his voice. I personally think he would sound fine in the studio and live, who really cares how he sounds? Dave IS the show and he would bring it every night one way or another. It's Ed who obviously can't cut it anymore. So my question remains: Do we really want a reunion? Ideally we do, with everyone being on the same page musically cause we know they'll never get along. Yet I think we all know that it just won't work and it's not because of Dave.
    shut up dipshit, of course we want dave back.....
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Well, this topic is currently going on in about three or four different threads. The end result that I've seen is that it's a mixed bag...an evil, possibly, but a necessary one just so that Van Halen can (at least conceivably, at this point) go out of the world arena on a high note.
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Of course, it's going to be a difficult road. Ed's in bad shape, Mike's out of shape, and Alex bends things to any shape he sees fit, so...

There's a lot of work that would have to go into it, but the results would be dynamite...if they worked...

The thing of it is, David, Ed, Mike and Al have to WANT to make it work, and they have to want to make it work TOGETHER.

It's not a question of whether or not they can deliver the goods musically; with all four of them working in the same room, it's magic all the time, every time.

It's just that there's a lot of shit in that river gumming up the works.

Get a paddle.
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• sambo
          Sniper
          • Jun 2004

Of course we want Dave back, absolutley no question, but we also have a fair idea of what it is going to take to make it work.. starting with gagging Alice
          Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

FUCKING RIGHT!!!

I WANT VAN "MOTHERFUCKING" HALEN!!!!! In THIS LIFETIME!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Comment

• badhorsie

I dont know....

EVH doesnt quite play he used to and DLR doesnt quite sing the way he used to. So im going to say its best left for memory.

It would be a halfassed type show unless EVH REAAAAAAAALLY practiced and got his chops backtogether.

Comment

• m49085
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Aug 2004

yes,yes,yes

Comment

• m49085
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Aug 2004

yes

Comment

• rustoffa
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Yes, we want Dave back.
                    (I didn't read any of it.)

Comment

• Red Rock
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Oct 2004

lol...on. Having Dave back would ruin what they have going. At least theyre a band now.
                      Van Halen is back!!!

Eddie, Alex, Sammy and Mikey

Comment

• sambo
                        Sniper
                        • Jun 2004

What DO they have going?

They are not a band, they are 2 duets... Mike and Spam, Alex and Eddie. And it sounds like it..

And you really like those 3 new songs too huh?

Comment

• Red Rock
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Oct 2004

ill tell you one thing. Its About Time was the best Van Halen song since Feelin'.

A lot better than the overproduced badly sung songs they tried with Dave in 97.
                          Van Halen is back!!!

Eddie, Alex, Sammy and Mikey

Comment

• sambo
                            Sniper
                            • Jun 2004

Those two Dave songs are by far better than the three rushed out, poor lyric, mediocre songs that give a poor excuse for a tour. They are better as instrumentals, Spam should be ashamed.

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Red Rock
                              ill tell you one thing. Its About Time was the best Van Halen song since Feelin'.

A lot better than the overproduced badly sung songs they tried with Dave in 97.
                              First of all It was 96 asshole,fuck you and the horse you came on.
                              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...