PDA

View Full Version : Do we really want Dave back?

Antman
10-07-2004, 10:12 PM
I mean seriously. We're rippin them now because it seems like they're imploding and this was all a cash grab. What, it wouldn't be the same thing with Dave? It's been no secret that Dave and VH don't get along. Never really have. The whole Sammy love fest was a crock of shit to begin with. Sammy knows no one gives a shit about him either in or out of VH but that's the only way people will see him and Sam still believes they're coming to see him. What makes anyone think it could work with Dave? Would Dave even want to go back under those circumstances? Chances are, the same thing would happen. Only Dave would have the balls to stand up to the brothers fuck and bail before the VH legacy is killed off for good. I don't think Dave would want to get into anything that wouldn't work because he seems to really give a shit about the fans. I could care less about his voice. I personally think he would sound fine in the studio and live, who really cares how he sounds? Dave IS the show and he would bring it every night one way or another. It's Ed who obviously can't cut it anymore. So my question remains: Do we really want a reunion? Ideally we do, with everyone being on the same page musically cause we know they'll never get along. Yet I think we all know that it just won't work and it's not because of Dave.

tjvhou812
10-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Antman
I mean seriously. We're rippin them now because it seems like they're imploding and this was all a cash grab. What, it wouldn't be the same thing with Dave? It's been no secret that Dave and VH don't get along. Never really have. The whole Sammy love fest was a crock of shit to begin with. Sammy knows no one gives a shit about him either in or out of VH but that's the only way people will see him and Sam still believes they're coming to see him. What makes anyone think it could work with Dave? Would Dave even want to go back under those circumstances? Chances are, the same thing would happen. Only Dave would have the balls to stand up to the brothers fuck and bail before the VH legacy is killed off for good. I don't think Dave would want to get into anything that wouldn't work because he seems to really give a shit about the fans. I could care less about his voice. I personally think he would sound fine in the studio and live, who really cares how he sounds? Dave IS the show and he would bring it every night one way or another. It's Ed who obviously can't cut it anymore. So my question remains: Do we really want a reunion? Ideally we do, with everyone being on the same page musically cause we know they'll never get along. Yet I think we all know that it just won't work and it's not because of Dave.

shut up dipshit, of course we want dave back.....

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Well, this topic is currently going on in about three or four different threads. The end result that I've seen is that it's a mixed bag...an evil, possibly, but a necessary one just so that Van Halen can (at least conceivably, at this point) go out of the world arena on a high note.

bueno bob
10-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Of course, it's going to be a difficult road. Ed's in bad shape, Mike's out of shape, and Alex bends things to any shape he sees fit, so...

There's a lot of work that would have to go into it, but the results would be dynamite...if they worked...

The thing of it is, David, Ed, Mike and Al have to WANT to make it work, and they have to want to make it work TOGETHER.

It's not a question of whether or not they can deliver the goods musically; with all four of them working in the same room, it's magic all the time, every time.

It's just that there's a lot of shit in that river gumming up the works.

Get a paddle.

sambo
10-07-2004, 10:31 PM
Of course we want Dave back, absolutley no question, but we also have a fair idea of what it is going to take to make it work.. starting with gagging Alice :D

Matt White
10-07-2004, 10:36 PM
I WANT VAN "MOTHERFUCKING" HALEN!!!!! In THIS LIFETIME!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

badhorsie
10-07-2004, 10:44 PM
I dont know....

EVH doesnt quite play he used to and DLR doesnt quite sing the way he used to. So im going to say its best left for memory.

It would be a halfassed type show unless EVH REAAAAAAAALLY practiced and got his chops backtogether.

m49085
10-07-2004, 11:17 PM
yes,yes,yes

m49085
10-07-2004, 11:19 PM
yes

rustoffa
10-08-2004, 02:23 AM
Yes, we want Dave back.
(I didn't read any of it.)

Red Rock
10-08-2004, 02:30 AM
lol...on. Having Dave back would ruin what they have going. At least theyre a band now.

sambo
10-08-2004, 02:37 AM
What DO they have going?

They are not a band, they are 2 duets... Mike and Spam, Alex and Eddie. And it sounds like it..

And you really like those 3 new songs too huh? :D

Red Rock
10-08-2004, 02:38 AM
ill tell you one thing. Its About Time was the best Van Halen song since Feelin'.

A lot better than the overproduced badly sung songs they tried with Dave in 97.

sambo
10-08-2004, 02:45 AM
Those two Dave songs are by far better than the three rushed out, poor lyric, mediocre songs that give a poor excuse for a tour. They are better as instrumentals, Spam should be ashamed.

Dan
10-08-2004, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Red Rock
ill tell you one thing. Its About Time was the best Van Halen song since Feelin'.

A lot better than the overproduced badly sung songs they tried with Dave in 97.

First of all It was 96 asshole,fuck you and the horse you came on.

Red Rock
10-08-2004, 03:17 AM
fuck you dan

96. 97. it was still the year that sent van halen down the tubes. Before that, they were on "top of the world".

Red Rock
10-08-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by sambo
Those two Dave songs are by far better than the three rushed out, poor lyric, mediocre songs that give a poor excuse for a tour. They are better as instrumentals, Spam should be ashamed.

its about time takes me wise crap and shoves it down the toilet.:D

Rikk
10-08-2004, 03:22 AM
Hoo boy.

Dan
10-08-2004, 03:31 AM
fuck you dan

96. 97. it was still the year that sent van halen down the tubes. Before that, they were on "top of the world".

Top of the world what a joke, just like you.

Red Rock
10-08-2004, 03:31 AM
good comeback. you suck around here.

i hate you dan.

sambo
10-08-2004, 03:33 AM
fuck you dan

dude, 1985 was the year Van Halen died, again your facts are wrong...

Dan
10-08-2004, 03:39 AM
good comeback. you suck around here.

i hate you dan.

Hate is such a strong word,Dislike me but hating someone is not nice,
Fuck you anyway,

Red Rock
10-08-2004, 03:41 AM
ok i dont hate you. but youre a real jerk.

Dan
10-08-2004, 03:49 AM
ok i dont hate you. but youre a real jerk.

I forgot to say fuck Spammy hagar and the sheep fuckers.

Robonez
10-08-2004, 03:57 AM
wouldn't mind having Dave back...

....just not in Van Halen!

Originally posted by bueno bob
Well, this topic is currently going on in about three or four different threads. The end result that I've seen is that it's a mixed bag...an evil, possibly, but a necessary one just so that Van Halen can (at least conceivably, at this point) go out of the world arena on a high note.

Dave can't hit any high notes.

Red Rock
10-08-2004, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Robonez
wouldn't mind having Dave back...

....just not in Van Halen!

Dave can't hit any high notes.

absolutely. he definitely cant hit the high notes.

how are you, robonez?

Robonez
10-08-2004, 04:20 AM
absolutely. he definitely cant hit the high notes.

how are you, robonez?

It's all good, pal!
Cuz the boys are BACK!

tydhurst
10-08-2004, 04:30 AM
I'd like to see Dave get back together with the Original DLR band, they're still good!

frenchie
10-08-2004, 04:40 AM
oh my god, why did they wear these clothes!!!!!

tydhurst
10-08-2004, 04:44 AM
They look like bad guys out of "Streets of Rage"

David Van Via
10-08-2004, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by tydhurst
I'd like to see Dave get back together with the Original DLR band, they're still good!

I would be much happier with The DLR Band then Classic Van Halen. The reason being Steve, Billy and Greg can still actually play they're instruments.

Originally posted by frenchie
oh my god, why did they wear these clothes!!!!!

What do you mean, I see people dressed like that everyday.

BIG GOOSE
10-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by sambo
dude, 1985 was the year Van Halen died, ...

If only it weren't so true.

generalroth
10-08-2004, 01:55 PM

That would be cool as shit , but Back together with Van Halen would be a God sent...remember that Dave is Jewish...It could very well happen.

Nitro Express
10-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Fire Alex, hire Tommy Lee, fire Sammy Hagar, can Michael Anthony and steal that new bass player Metalica has, send Eddie to a rehab clinic that also forces his to rehearse his old guitar playing skills, then Dave just might work in that band.

The way I see it folks, Van Halen isn't worthy of the great David Lee Roth these days. They band is sloppy.

Carmine
10-08-2004, 02:13 PM
I might be in the minority, but I would'nt care if they were all in wheelchairs. The original band that is...with dave fronting, it all comes together!

Coyote
10-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Fuck yes we want Dave back! =VH= without Dave is like a guitar without strings: Nothing can be created.

TimmiT
10-08-2004, 03:52 PM
I agree that Dave needs to try sort of speaking, to get along with the band at least long enough to have closer with Van Halen. Then again I have to say that if and when this happens, with what Dave brings to Van Halen the band, this would be phenomenal. If Dave gets back with the band and it rocks like we all know it will. This could lead to more cds and tours. The combination of Van Halen with Dave is a win, win combination. It always has been.

I'm beginning to think that the reason Eddie isn't playing they way he should is because the deal fell through. That Dave didn't come along for the ride and without Dave there is no show. Now Eddie is thinking maybe he should have let Dave have more say in it. Eddie's idea for this tour never happened. I think Eddie knows this now. And Spammy does't and will not push Eddie to his potential. Without Dave in the band Eddie has no competition. And that is exactly what Eddie needs, someone who will push him to be more creative.

The question still remains. Is there going to be a reunion with Dave?

Who knows? I just wish Dave (especially Dave) or Van Halen would say something. Just come right out, right now and let the fans know for sure. Enough of the bullshit already, the time for the rumors to stop is now!

frenchie
10-08-2004, 03:55 PM
i will prefer see bon scoot playin' with acdc again, but he's dead!
DAVE WILL NEVER SING AGAIN WITH EDDIE AND AL! that's all, that's life, and people don't even know van halen is playing again.
DAVID, WE WANT ASOLO ALBUM QUICK,PLEASE

Switch84
10-08-2004, 05:06 PM
:( Naw, I'll pass on the whole classic Van Halen line-up/reunion thing. Just let the fellas continue to do what they're doing: Davy Baby doing his own thing (and doing it WELL), and Van Hagar imploding into a dismal pile of rehashed , useless SHIT!

Figs
10-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Yes. I want the original 4 together. It will never happen, but that's my number 1 choice.